Post by wiseguy »

let me guess, he sees Dillon with
"Rudy"

and think Dillon found a new guy
ImageImage

Bambikles

Re: 01-07-14 Could you close your eyes

Post by Bambikles »

I would have liked Jerzy to at least admit banging Zii was a bad mistake, maybe it could have fixed Angel a little. Jerzy knows he's only in for more trouble, but he does flee nonetheless. He's a true Mà3-verse character ! :))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Actually, he's better than most; it turns out that he's not a complete ****ing moron, and will even try and fix things he got wrong. That's pretty impressive, really.

I mean, why was banging Zii even that big a mistake? He'd presumably had his one-night stand with Angel, and then said that was a mistake and it wouldn't happen again, which made him a free agent. If Angel chose not to listen and continued calling Jerzy "boyfriend", that's Angel being delusional. It doesn't oblige Jerzy to do or not do anything.

He admitted to Erik that banging Zii was something he was unhappy about, presumably because it caused trouble with Angel and broke up Angel and Zii's working relationship; feeling guilty about that is admirable of him. But in the end, the problem is with Angel, not with Jerzy.

Mind you, the stunt he just pulled on Angel verged on sadism. It would have made him quite an unsympathetic character if Angel wasn't coming across as, you know, a bunny-boiling lunatic. It'll be interesting to see what comes next; if Jerzy sees Dillon hugging Rudy (or flirting with some other guy) and thinks that Dillon has rebounded already, then his good sense rating will plummet again. Conversely, if he sees Rudy, says "Hi Ruby", and starts talking to Dillon, the bar for his smarts will be set infeasibly high in future. And if Angel pursues Jerzy and starts barging into whatever ensues, it'll feel like the story going round in circles, however logical it'd be...

But this is getting into Dillon-Relationship territory, which is a part of SDB that I prefer to try to avoid.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Jerzy, take evasive actions!

Why talk to people when you can just run away :P ?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

(a) He's tried talking to Angel. It doesn't work. (b) He may have to catch up with Dillon.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

ven

Post by ven »

Bambikles wrote:banging Zii was a bad mistake
Banging Zii is more a short term happiness thing. Seems to me after that it's suffering, Jerzy, Yuki, Sonya, Eric, well Amber seems to be ok.

All in all, nothing good comes from banging Zii (I would collect empiric data on that if possible though)

brasca

Post by brasca »

wiseguy wrote:let me guess, he sees Dillon with
"Rudy"

and think Dillon found a new guy
If not that then he'd suspect Dillon had someone on the side. If he asks around he'll probably hear people say that they saw them together. Someone might tell Jerzy that they were seen leaving the men's room too albeit not at the same time, but eye witnesses aren't entirely reliable so he might think something was going on the whole time.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

NOOOOO let the goddamn drama queen suffer more

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:If not that then he'd suspect Dillon had someone on the side. If he asks around he'll probably hear people say that they saw them together. Someone might tell Jerzy that they were seen leaving the men's room too albeit not at the same time, but eye witnesses aren't entirely reliable so he might think something was going on the whole time.
Jerzy has just had an attack of good sense. If he now jumps to the conclusion that Dillon talking to another guy, and maybe even hugging another guy, means that Dillon has gone in for rebound sex or has a bit on the side - and he doesn't even, you know, ask Dillon about that - all of his IQ points will have drained away with a huge flushing sound, and I'll have to assume that he's being written as a manic-depressive crazy.

I suspect that there'll be some kind of complication - maybe Dillon brushing Jerzy aside in some big drama-queen gesture - but if so, I hope it comes from somthing better than Jerzy having a sudden attack of the stupids. Or maybe Jerzy and Dillon will just get back together and keep Ruby awake all night with their make-up sex. I'm sure that she's not been hosed enough this week, after all.
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

This is a farce. Sometimes people have to do stupid things for the sake of keeping the comedy ball rolling. If Jerzy doesn't jump to the wrong conclusion then I can see Dillon being the big drama queen where an apology isn't enough and he'll proclaim Rudy his new boyfriend which would means more cross dressing fun for Ruby. Here's hoping Dillon will be predictably immature.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's a farce, but it's a farce with somewhat consistent characterisation (on good days). Jerzy's character has just been established as "fairly bright and sensible, loves Dillon"; Dillon's characterisation is well established as "idiot drama queen". So the necessary plot complication here is more likely to come from Dillon than from Jerzy (unless the comic is having a really bad day).
---------
Spidrift

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Spidrift wrote: I mean, why was banging Zii even that big a mistake? He'd presumably had his one-night stand with Angel, and then said that was a mistake and it wouldn't happen again, which made him a free agent. If Angel chose not to listen and continued calling Jerzy "boyfriend", that's Angel being delusional. It doesn't oblige Jerzy to do or not do anything.

He admitted to Erik that banging Zii was something he was unhappy about, presumably because it caused trouble with Angel and broke up Angel and Zii's working relationship; feeling guilty about that is admirable of him. But in the end, the problem is with Angel, not with Jerzy.
I think a big part of the problem was that Jerzy is being too damn nice and coddling towards Angel. He needs to somehow get across to Angel in no uncertain terms that friends is all they'll ever be, and if Angel doesn't back off the seduction attempts (and sabotage-his-new-relationship attempts) they won't even be that. Seems that Jerzy's not yet at that point where he's sick enough of it to seriously consider ending their friendship.
Spidrift wrote: Mind you, the stunt he just pulled on Angel verged on sadism. It would have made him quite an unsympathetic character if Angel wasn't coming across as, you know, a bunny-boiling lunatic.
A cowardly stunt that would only work if Jerzy was planning on leaving town and never seeing Angel again. As is stands, he'll most likely have a pissed off Angel to deal with next time they meet, and he knows this too. Angel may even be more vindictive towards Dillon, if Jerzy manages to get back together with him.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's not a brave move, but given that Dillon may be leaving the scene, and may for all Jerzy knows be badly upset, Jerzy has good reasons for wanting to catch up with him ASAP, now that he's made his decision. So finding the quickest possible way to get away from Angel makes sense.

Sure, it'll piss Angel the hell off - but him going back to Dillon will do that anyway. This might even rate as a cruel-to-be-kind way of conveying to Angel just what Jerzy's priorities are, in Jerzy's mind at least. Plus, Jerzy regards Angel as an old friend, and may think that, in the end, friends forgive friends. Whether Angel sees things that way is another matter, but Jerzy does keep overestimating Angel.
---------
Spidrift

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

This...I still think that this is NOT dealing with it. Jerzy you are too nice. At this point...you may have to get mean to get it through Angel's head that not only are things SERIOUSLY OVER AND DONE with, but that you two will NEVER GO THERE AGAIN. EVER.

Honestly I think Angel needs it too...will Angel spend the rest of their life believing that at some point Jerzy and them will be a thing again?? Living off a "one day he'll be mine again" mindset is not healthy. And even though Angel is pretty crazy, Angel is only crazy when it involves Jerzy so maybe if the Jerzy-obsession quit..