Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

24-06-14 I have my teddy

Post by Shouri »

brasca

Re: 24-06-14 I have my teddy

Post by brasca »

It's nice to see that Amber didn't just abandon Dillon when he got into a funk. He did say he wanted to be left alone so she's perfectly within her right to pursue Gary.

Poor Ruby. I'm sure the next few days are going to be noisy.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Awww. Poor Dillon. :ymhug:
But the strip is still funny. :p

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Teddy is actually over in DC.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

oh rudy, you can't escape that easily.
Yet still, I live...

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Nice try Ruby, but your are Dillions teddy now, and he wont ever let you go! :P

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Hmm. A slight sense of necessary showing of plot elements today, rather than much new. But I won't complain, because the plot's good enough to be worth the sacrifice of some action or jokes. I could just wish the comic was a little bit more frequent.
brasca wrote:It's nice to see that Amber didn't just abandon Dillon when he got into a funk. He did say he wanted to be left alone so she's perfectly within her right to pursue Gary.
Yes - it's kind of good to see that Amber isn't being an entirely horrible person. You could say that she was a little quick to get distracted and take Dillon's statement at face value, but it's not actually her fault that Dillon is a hopeless drama queen who talks himself out of getting what he actually needs, and my biases about these characters make me happy for Gary.

(Well, strictly speaking, I think that it is partly Amber's fault that Dillon is such a drama queen; she enables him. But whatever.)
brasca wrote:Poor Ruby. I'm sure the next few days are going to be noisy.
Yes again. She's learning that no good deed goes unpunished. If she carries on being generally helpful after this, she'll have earned sainthood. And we can repeat previous discussions about what happens next. An actual discussion of what Ruby thinks of Dillon's idiocy would be another of those wordy strips that the comic doesn't do, I fear.

(I do kind of want Amber to learn what Ruby did and will do this evening at some point. I think that she underestimates her kid sister in some ways, and that might teach her a little more respect for what Ruby is capable of.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Gholateg

Post by Gholateg »

Oh that jacket is ruined.. nothing gets snot, tears and makeup out of fabric.

And it's gonna go riiiiight down her shirt at that angle.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, odds are that the jacket is out of Dillon's dressing-up box rather than Ruby's wardrobe, so, y'know, who gives a shit?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Damn... Ruby has that disappearing act down. On the up side she might get more mileage out of Rudy as long as Amber doesn't know it's her.

I'm hoping that Dillon will learn something from this but I don't see it happening. I see a lot of Ruby pointing things out and nothing getting through to him.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

CFT

Post by CFT »

Ruby just decided she'll one-up her hopeless roommates by going into the show business as well. Her first audition is for the role of Batman (she can't be worse than Ben Affleck, can she? /joke! ) and thus she was practicing her "Batman Exit" routine! :D
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Kiley used the same technique earlier. There's a lot of it about.
FlashD81 wrote:Damn... Ruby has that disappearing act down. On the up side she might get more mileage out of Rudy as long as Amber doesn't know it's her.
If she won't play Rudy immediately in front of Amber - and I can see why not, her voice disguise is going to crack sooner or later - it doesn't logically make much difference whether Amber knows about Rudy or not.

However, Ruby's big problem is embarrassment, and it seems that she'd be embarrassed if Amber knew about Rudy, so she'll probably keep him secret for a while yet.
---------
Spidrift

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Ok...this calls for another celebratory food coma. I will make myself and subsequently eat a pizza with pancetta and sausage and apple crumble with stracciatella ice cream and home made whipped cream while putting this comic (especially the last panel) on my 60" flatscreen

totally worth it

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Foolish Dillon. As if he could tough any kind of disappointment out by himself... =.=

Poor Ruby. Dillon may want to hug all night long. After his claim that he's 'done with men', that may cause her all sorts of new anxieties. (Not that I expect him to ever make a serious move on a woman, barring the intervention of copious amounts of alcohol and an industrial-strength aphrodisiac...)

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

When I read the title of the comic, I was worried....

But when I read it I thought.....

Oh thank god, he doesn't mean Teddy Decarlo
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks