24-06-14 I have my teddy

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 24-06-14 I have my teddy

Post by Spidrift »

Error of Logic wrote:Poor Ruby. Dillon may want to hug all night long. After his claim that he's 'done with men', that may cause her all sorts of new anxieties.
No, I think that Ruby has Dillon's number by now. Anyway, she has a nerdish preference for nice simple stable categories; moving Dillon from "Gay" to "Interested in women" would demand more than just a throwaway statement.

Which doesn't mean that she'll be happy if she wakes up in bed with him. Sharing with her own sister is bad enough for her, and she herself is in the category of "Does not sleep with men". And she's never been comfortable with Dillon's crying; it's something else that embarrasses her. And Dillon is prone to morning wood.

Plus, if she ever mentions such an incident to Andy, he'll get all jealous.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

TheEighth wrote:When I read the title of the comic, I was worried....

But when I read it I thought.....

Oh thank god, he doesn't mean Teddy Decarlo
Different universe, fortunately (there was a Ma3 arc where Gary & Kiley visited a convention where EC stuff was being exhibited).

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Spidrift wrote:
Error of Logic wrote:Poor Ruby. Dillon may want to hug all night long. After his claim that he's 'done with men', that may cause her all sorts of new anxieties.
No, I think that Ruby has Dillon's number by now. Anyway, she has a nerdish preference for nice simple stable categories; moving Dillon from "Gay" to "Interested in women" would demand more than just a throwaway statement.

Which doesn't mean that she'll be happy if she wakes up in bed with him. Sharing with her own sister is bad enough for her, and she herself is in the category of "Does not sleep with men". And she's never been comfortable with Dillon's crying; it's something else that embarrasses her. And Dillon is prone to morning wood.

Plus, if she ever mentions such an incident to Andy, he'll get all jealous.
For whatever reason I'm now curious about what her response will be if she ever learns exactly how Dillon and Amber got that apartment in the first place. 'Gay man who slept with my sister' is probably not a category she can even imagine.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Spidrift wrote:
brasca wrote:Poor Ruby. I'm sure the next few days are going to be noisy.
Yes again. She's learning that no good deed goes unpunished. If she carries on being generally helpful after this, she'll have earned sainthood.
As if Dillon will give her a choice. His drama queen quirks make him amazingly manipulative, especially to someone like Ruby. He bursts into tears, and she's willing to do anything to make him stop, including go along with his silly plans. Until she can coldly walk away from him even while he's bawling like a little girl, he will own her.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Odd Man Out wrote:For whatever reason I'm now curious about what her response will be if she ever learns exactly how Dillon and Amber got that apartment in the first place. 'Gay man who slept with my sister' is probably not a category she can even imagine.
The sex between Amber and Dillon would not be the issue at that point. Ruby would feel like the place where she was living had been acquired by deeply immoral means. It'd be like living on the proceeds of vice. I'm not sure that I'd believe her staying in the apartment after that.
themacnut wrote:As if Dillon will give her a choice. His drama queen quirks make him amazingly manipulative, especially to someone like Ruby. He bursts into tears, and she's willing to do anything to make him stop, including go along with his silly plans. Until she can coldly walk away from him even while he's bawling like a little girl, he will own her.
That is her problem. She must be able to see by now that her basic niceness (and dislike of sentiment) is what keeps causing her trouble. And she's seen that Dillon can turn the tears on and off with amazing speed, so she must be feeling manipulated. The only way she can prevent that, though, is by developing a more cold and cynical shell -- and she may be too moral a person to do that.

Rudy may help, but that mask isn't fully developed yet. What she really needs to do is work on her deadpan snarking, I guess. It might not stop Dillon from manipulating her, but at least she'd get more amusement and less embarrassment from the process.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.