17-06-14 Most important person

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

crimzontearz

Re: 17-06-14 Most important person

Post by crimzontearz »

brasca wrote:
crimzontearz wrote:Ruby's reactions are of no consequence right now (she is almost as annoying as Dillon)

all that matters is to watch the chaos unfold and hope for pain and suffering MWHAHAHAH
Given what was just revealed at Menage a 3 your wish is likely to be granted.
TheResult wrote:I really hope Amber doesn't save Dillon. I hope Jerzy takes him outside, yells at him, and makes him realize how foolish he's being.
Or she could just bail on him completely to temporarily bunk with Gary. At least Ruby will temporarily get the bed to herself.
glory glory hallelujah

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Oh, so delicious, a plan coming to fruition ! :ymdevil:
Game, set and match for Angel, it seems. She's shaping into becoming both Zii and Dillon's arch-nemesis. Problem is, she's far too entertaining for me to dislike her.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

well angel just lost face with Zii of which I am happy but succeeded in causing trouble with Jerzi and Dillon.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Bambikles wrote:Game, set and match for Angel, it seems. She's shaping into becoming both Zii and Dillon's arch-nemesis. Problem is, she's far too entertaining for me to dislike her.
Angel is smart and quite witty. The trouble is, all those wits are put to the service of a stupid obsession of bunny-boiling insanity, and an old grudge that makes its victim look reasonable - when that victim is Zii. Angel ends up being just too much of an antagonist for me.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Looks like the evening isn't a total loss for Angel.

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

Spidrift wrote:Anyhow, I guess that the other interesting thing here will be if Ruby wades also in for some reason. Logically, one would expect her to stay clear, to avoid the risk of being recognised by Amber
For the record, Amber isn't who Ruby was initially hiding from. Of course, by now she's pretty much in hiding as a general principle. And wading in would, in her mind, run the risk of her initial fear to come true.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Good point, yes, she was originally worried about Angel. But her most recent and most intense fear response involved Amber - though she didn't know why herself.

(My own guess is that she's instinctively scared of Amber laughing at her. She's quite big on dignity, and she probably felt perpetually slightly humiliated as the geeky kid sister of a more stylish teenager. So she over-compensated by playing up the "smarter" thing when that became possible. This all fits with her anger at the recent revelation, too; she thinks that Amber and Zii must have been laughing at her for being an ignorant kid.)

Anyhow, yeah, that's two reasons for her to stay out of this; she'll only jump in if she gets really annoyed by something. Given the recent twist in Ma3, my guess is that she'll fade into the background until this confrontation is over, then find herself to be the only person who can look after and comfort Dillon. Which is way out of her experience, but she seems like the sort to make best efforts.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

Post by Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot »

Schmorgluck wrote:Of course, by now she's pretty much in hiding as a general principle.
As others have pointed out, she seem to be actually enjoying being "Rudy" (except for that little bit of awkwardness in the men's room--which balanced out by getting her a tantalizing glimpse of some real-life yaoi) and the chance it gives her to behave and feel different from her normal self.

And since it now seems like she's the one who will have to deal--alone--with Dillon and all his drama in the aftermath of this scene, I'm wondering if she will choose to deal with him as Ruby, or as Rudy?

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

themacnut wrote:Ah Jerzy, you stupid himbo - you walked right into Angel's trap. And Dillon's for that matter.

Though I supposed I might be a little too harsh on him, considering he apparently does not see Angel's manipulations as clearly as other people might, and plus he sees Angel as a friend in need of comfort. And yeah I agree that Amber's about to step in and salvage this for Dillon, much as he doesn't deserve the help. Which would be another reason for Ruby to quietly exit stage left and be gone by the time Dillon remembers he's supposed to be with her, seeing as she doesn't want to be recognized and also probably does not want to face her sister after last comic's uncomfortable revelation.
Going by today's Ma3 strip, it seems Amber isn't going to save him and instead will uses this as an excuse to bunk with Gary.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Ah, Angel does love being hypocritical. While angel is correct on calling Dillon out a a creepy McCreepPants, it's not like angel hasn't been doing the same...

Kind of funny that Gary has absolutely nothing to do with this, really, but likely ends up a WINNER through consequences...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot wrote:And since it now seems like she's the one who will have to deal--alone--with Dillon and all his drama in the aftermath of this scene, I'm wondering if she will choose to deal with him as Ruby, or as Rudy?
Rudy is a hard-nosed street punk. Ruby may have a healthy cynicism about Dillon, but setting Rudy on someone who's genuinely cut up about a relationship failure is probably more cruel than Ruby can manage, much as she might be tempted. For that matter, Rudy's strategy for dealing with relationship failures would probably involve more cheap booze than Amber keeps in the house, or that Ruby's metabolism could handle.

It will be interesting to see how Ruby does deal with this, actually. She wasn't great at handling Dillon's past, lesser crying jags, but she really does try to be a decent person. Of course, if she is still upset herself over the Amber/Zii thing, we might get a repeat of the Zii/Yuki mutual weepy session.
Don Alexander wrote:Kind of funny that Gary has absolutely nothing to do with this, really, but likely ends up a WINNER through consequences...
Reality is chaotic. All of this can ultimately be traced back to whatever it was that gave Gary a lighter-than-normal workload one afternoon, after all.
---------
Spidrift

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

And Jerzy learns that you never stick your dick in crazy.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, it seems he's made that mistake twice now... (Three times if you count Zii!)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

Post by Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot »

Spidrift wrote:Rudy is a hard-nosed street punk. Ruby may have a healthy cynicism about Dillon, but setting Rudy on someone who's genuinely cut up about a relationship failure is probably more cruel than Ruby can manage, much as she might be tempted. For that matter, Rudy's strategy for dealing with relationship failures would probably involve more cheap booze than Amber keeps in the house, or that Ruby's metabolism could handle.
Regardless of Amber's initial impression of Rudy, it's far from clear what Ruby imagines him to be. She's probably still inventing the character in her own mind, and the only clear conclusion she's come to is that she can see and say things as Rudy that she can't as Ruby. (And there's been exactly ZERO evidence that Rudy [or Ruby, for that matter] has any tendency to drown his [or her] troubles in alcohol.)

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Don Alexander wrote:Well, it seems he's made that mistake twice now... (Three times if you count Zii!)
I wouldn't count Zii as crazy (don't see how she would qualify as such, really - unless you include her choice in lovers?)

Or Angel, for that matter (yeah, she's obsessed in getting Jerzy back into her life; despite his constant refusals - but at least she doesn't lie to him/stalk him).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.