16-05-14 It is the outfit

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

FlashD81

Re: 16-05-14 It is the outfit

Post by FlashD81 »

Giz wrote:At this point, Amber is the one stopping herself from pursuing Gary.
Dillon is a flirt. True. Jerzy hasn't flirted with anyone as far as I can remember, so we can't really say that Dillon "can't stand to have Jerzy look at other men."
Dillon is more angry at Angel 'cause Angel does more than flirt.
In terms of Ruby. They're starting to get along in their weird way.
They're both learning stuff from each other, and that can only be beneficial to both.
Having read this, I feel REALLY embarrassed. I am sorry for going off they way I did. I really enjoy the characters in this comic as well as in there others (Ma3, SotR, etc.) I guess I just had a moment of anger and wanted to vent on the forum. I'm sorry again and I hope I didn't offend anyone or rub anyone the wrong way.

BTW Amber's face in the last panel kind of reminds me of someone else (You can't miss it but just in case she is the one on the left)
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Maechris wrote:Amber still maintains a status quo of friendship being particularly important. Even sneakily, she *will* run things by Dillon to ensure he doesn't seem to be straying from Jerzy towards Gary. It's... kind of impressive, but also one has to wonder what Dillon ever did to deserve such faithfulness to his cause.
Dillon blatantly, desperately needs a mother figure. Amber is venting repressed maternal instincts on him.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

If it wasn't for Amber and Ruby I never would have started reading this webcomic since Dillon is the kind of character I can only take in small doses.

His obsession and claim over Gary was a large part of that, but it wasn't until this series that I saw how hypocritical he is. Before I could understand his dim view of cheaters on account of Matt and while flirting and cheating aren't the same thing he would feel differently if Jerzy was flirting with Angel or Eric or any other man he could see.

Hopefully, it's something Dillon can improve upon as the story progresses, but for now there really isn't anyone who can call him on his behavior except Ruby, but her own inability to come to terms with her sexual desires makes her susceptible to his manipulation. Amber on the other hand doesn't have any of those problems, but unlike Ruby she doesn't speak any hard truths.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ruby has discovered she can get inside Dillon's guard and take him down sometimes. And she enjoys it. Unfortunately, yes, he's got ways to get back at her, but hopefully she'll manage the trick again.

She really needs to graduate from angry to calmly snarky. It's more fun for her and the readers, and better for her blood pressure. She may not like her current situation, but as a wise man once said, she shouldn't think of it as being surrounded, she should think of it as being in a target-rich environment.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.