13-05-14 I am a manly man

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: 13-05-14 I am a manly man

Post by 'J' »

ok now, nobody tell ruby what 'watersports' means.

While it was just a wikipedia link, this IS a PG-13 forum... Go there and look for "Urolagnia" if you really want to know... The DAMNed
Yet still, I live...

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

Told y'all he's a sweetie. ;)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

He's better than that. Gary is a "sweetie", and look what an ass he can be. Matt knows what he's doing, and here and now he's being a good guy.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

ThePonyGuy

Post by ThePonyGuy »

Matt: Proving (once again?) that he's more perceptive than he seems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

He seems plenty perceptive to me.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

FragileMara

Post by FragileMara »

Spidrift wrote: It'll be interesting to see how Ruby does react to DiDi, actually. Most straight women respond to her with an instant inferiority complex, and even Ruby is fully aware of the magic power of boobs. But Ruby isn't consciously interested in attracting men for herself, and maybe tends to be more practical than most of the characters in this setting (in that her vision is less clouded by any obsession with sex), so she might just mutter something about back pain.

A lot depends on what happens in the murky depths of Ruby's subconscious, of course. If she's feeling particularly empathetic, she might even feel more sympathy for DiDi than most people. ("God, you must have trouble being taken seriously.") Or she might assume that DiDi is a part of Amber's world, and be hostile.
Agreed on all accounts ! Personally I'd like to see what effect Ruby could have when confronted with DiDi's quest for the perfect orgasm...
I feel like there's a lot of emphasis that has been put in the comic on Yuki and Kiley's issues, while DiDi's serve mainly as a plot device and/or is played for comedy's sake (I might be wrong, mind you, given that I tend to read Ma3 and SDB in chunks and that I have the memory span of the common goldfish...). Ruby has proven herself to be really perceptive, even if it's not always conscious on her part - and she hasn't got much of a mean streak. Perhaps her reaction to DiDi pursuing Gary could be just the right incentive for DiDi to start questioning why exactly it is that she can't get to orgasm, and stop thinking of his mouth as being the end of all ends.
... I could see Ruby and DiDi working really well together -and I may or may not have envisioned the two of them in a wacky cop comedy setting, with DiDi as the young, hopeful field officer, and Ruby as the grizzled detective... :))-, Ruby being sympathetic to DiDi without wanting to get into her pants, as it's the case with Zii.
But as you said, her subconscious might play a role in this too - and this is the Ma3-verse, so of course their (eventual) meeting would lead to hijinks !
Currently undergoing minor existential crisis. Would appreciate any pointers towards your favorite science-fiction works as means to help restore faith in the Universe as a whole.

"SCIENCE!"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm afraid that DiDi and Ruby together would be a bit of a dialogue of the deaf. Ruby might be too fair-minded to assume that DiDi was a sex-crazed bimbo on first sight, but she'd probably derive that conclusion from brief observation. ("Oh for God's sake, doesn't she have better things to do with her time than chase men?") And DiDi would very likely be as snotty towards Ruby as she was towards Kiley on their first meeting, especially if Ruby didn't show much sympathy for her problem. ("She is une enfant. She shows no understanding of the sadness of l'amour.")

In fact, in many ways, DiDi might remind Ruby of everything that annoys her about Amber, without the complication that Amber is family. Though I guess Ruby does tend to be minimally polite to people who aren't family, until they provoke her enough. And even if she did manage an insight into DiDi's problems, DiDi doesn't listen when her friends say sensible things on that score, so what are the chances that she'd pay any attention at all to a snarky stranger?
---------
Spidrift

FragileMara

Post by FragileMara »

Being snarky might be just the right way to go with DiDi? She can be very stubborn and impulsive - assuming that Ruby is unimpressed by her figure, and points her flaws as such (which very few of her friends explicitly do), she could feel like she's being provoked and go out of her way to prove this girl she doesn't know wrong?
... Yeah, admittedly that was a lot of wishful thinking on my part. :) I'd still like to see them interact, though, mainly because they are opposites in many ways.

Quote removed. The DAMNed
Currently undergoing minor existential crisis. Would appreciate any pointers towards your favorite science-fiction works as means to help restore faith in the Universe as a whole.

"SCIENCE!"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Not so much opposites as living on different planets, though? I mean, at least Amber and Ruby can communicate, sort of, a bit, when Ruby reins in the urge to just carpet-bomb Amber and Amber actually bothers to listen for a minute. Ruby trying to snark DiDi ... would just remind me of that old line about an opponent who comes unarmed to a battle of wits. DiDi has spent the last ten or twelve years communicating entirely with and in terms of sex; Ruby has spent eight of them communicating with and about anything and everything except sex. And Ruby is very verbal, whereas, when anybody says anything that DiDi doesn't understand, she just stands there grinning vaguely.

(Urgh. I've suddenly noticed the similarity between DiDi and Homer Simpson. Now I've got to go scrub my brain out.)
---------
Spidrift

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Spidrift wrote: And DiDi would very likely be as snotty towards Ruby as she was towards Kiley on their first meeting, especially if Ruby didn't show much sympathy for her problem. ("She is une enfant. She shows no understanding of the sadness of l'amour.")
Mmm... Didi was snotty towards Kiley because she was competition for Gary, so she tried to undermine her in front of Gary. Of course there's also Kiley's silhouette but it came down to competition then. Later, well, Kiley and "petite girl looking like une enfant" became interchangeable in Didi's mind. I don't think this is something customary to Didi when she meets an unknown woman.

But the way Ruby's mind works could effectively be unfathomable to Didi. Not being interested in sex, she could understand I guess (I rather think it's Zii who would be puzzled there), but not wanting romance or simply male company, that could be utterly alien to Didi, and thus, the more funny. Though I suddenly have the feeling this better describes Mel or Jacqui than Didi, I'm actually curious to see a bit of Ruby/Didi interaction. :-?

But I think she'll do like everyone and comment about Didi's breasts first. Didi litteraly is a love goddess in Mà3, body and behaviour. Save for orgasm of course. If she reaches orgasmn, the universe may as well implode. :p

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Okay, DiDi isn't automatically snotty towards everyone. However, if Ruby dared to say anything about DiDi's psychological problems, or suggested that her priorities were scrambled, I doubt that DiDi would take it well. She is a goddess, and goddesses do not permit criticism from mere mortals.

And Ruby will of course comment on DiDi's boobs on first sighting. Everyone does. Rule of nature. What she'll say about them remains to be seen. If she's feeling crass and snarky, she'll write DiDi off as a bimbo (and remember, at least three people have assumed that DiDi has had a boob job on first sight); if she's honest, she'll admit to a twinge of inexplicable envy; if she's being exceptionally insightful, she'll pity DiDi for her back problems and inability to be taken seriously.
---------
Spidrift

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

I'm just surprised that Ruby didn't succumb to Matt's absolute lust field but he might have been suppressing it at the moment. :p

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

Post by Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot »

This is, I think, as close to "succumbing" as Ruby is capable of at the present time, with her present hangups: staring, staring some more, babbling incoherently, staring some more, babbling some more, then running away.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

I'm guessing that Matt will notice Dillon and seduce him again.
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot wrote:This is, I think, as close to "succumbing" as Ruby is capable of at the present time, with her present hangups: staring, staring some more, babbling incoherently, staring some more, babbling some more, then running away.
At least she didn't go all "Yuk ! Guys' parts are disgusting". That's way better than several fictionnal characters supposedly interested in sex. ;))