06-05-14 Just take your sweet time

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

06-05-14 Just take your sweet time

Post by Shouri »

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: 06-05-14 Just take your sweet time

Post by Don Alexander »

More like Bulge-in-Underwear-Model, amirite?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Qwertz

Post by Qwertz »

Oh, Ruby, Ruby.... what have you gotten yourself into...
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Matt's pants, sorta. Which may be a record, even for Matt; I imagine that he usually at least introduces himself first.

Talking of which - Matt isn't prone to false modesty, is he?

And ah, poor Ruby; nervousness means that she's getting it all wrong. First, what did she think Matt would do if she did use the cubicle - complain that she hadn't also mentioned the state of her bowels after dumping TMI about her bladder? And second, well, you really didn't have to look, dear. Anyway, I hope that this interaction continues; these two could be interesting in conversation, and seeing them chatting could drive Dillon spare. I doubt that Ruby's disguise would last much longer, though; just to start with, I'll bet that her voice just went up three octaves on that "Whoa".
Last edited by Spidrift on Tue May 06, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

I think this one one of the funniest strip of SDB. :))
Dillon gets high on life, this couldn't be more true.
Here we have why I like Matt. Polite and yet self-assured. Could come as the only sane man if only he knew how to better control his adrenaline sexual addiction.
Hey, whose T-shirt is this ? I can't imagine neither of the three roommates listening to AC/DC. Maybe Amber, and it's rather "might" than "may".

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dillon doubtless has a wardrobe full of stuff that he used for past bit-parts and auditions. A big-name metal band shirt is always going to have uses for that sort of thing.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

:shakes head sadly:

As a guy....I wouldn't expect a girl to know that men stand up in bathroom stalls if they don't want to be seen.

The stalls are there for privacy .....period.
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

brasca

Post by brasca »

Bambikles wrote:I think this one one of the funniest strip of SDB. :))
Dillon gets high on life, this couldn't be more true.
Here we have why I like Matt. Polite and yet self-assured. Could come as the only sane man if only he knew how to better control his adrenaline sexual addiction.
I would also add "not quick tempered." How many other characters would react differently if some stranger was checking them out at the urinal. Reactions would vary, but fortunately Matt's vanity is keeping the situation from getting confrontational or jumping to other conclusions. Now if Matt is actually serious about Kiley he won't try to make anything more about it, but old habits die hard and this is all about comedy.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

So, Matt is a tripod?

And Ruby...no, men use the stalls to pee. There are plenty of men without those bits of equipment who have to use the stalls.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

brasca

Post by brasca »

Or they have 2 orders of business to take care of and consider it more convenient to just use the toilet that can accommodate it all. However, Ruby can only think so quickly being completely out or her element.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

No, I understand :) Trust me...I also have to be honest, one doesn't tend to want to actually sit down in the stall of a men's bathroom.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:However, Ruby can only think so quickly being completely out or her element.
Yep. The way that Ruby is currently wobbling between ignorance, confusion, embarrassment, and quick thinking is really rather sweet. I keep being reminded why she's far and away my favourite character in the Ma3 universe.
---------
Spidrift

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

rudy, dude! urinal etiquette, my man: eyes forward.
Yet still, I live...

Templar Woolf

Post by Templar Woolf »

Ah the sad truth.
Not all men are created equal.
Look for the rainbow.
Don't just stare at the rain.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I understand that the proportional difference tends to be much less in moments of, umm, full activation. Also, well, it's what you do with it, yadda yadda.

But for Matt, it's a professional asset. Fair enough.
---------
Spidrift