02-05-14 Come clean with me

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

FlashD81

Re: 02-05-14 Come clean with me

Post by FlashD81 »

All Ruby has to do is keep her mouth shut and go into one of the stalls. However I believe that she might want to prove that she belongs here and say something. What happens after that is beyond me at this point.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Unless she falls into conversation with Matt (and/or Gary, who may in there too), that'd be fine - but then she has to get out again. Lurking in toilet doorways, peering to see who's around, is kind of noticeable behaviour.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Iceman wrote:OH NO!! Ruby went into the men's toilet. By the prevailing Angel-logic, that must mean she is male now!
Apples and Oranges, Angel's gender is a mystery, Ruby's isn't.

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Both are fruit. Tasty, tasty fruit.
The iceman cometh

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Another outside possibility here; Matt takes an interest in Ruby (or Rudy), sensing something interestingly weird here, but is perfectly happy to keep it platonic, because (a) he's trying to do right by Kiley at present, and (b) neither virginal ingenues nor squeaky young street punks really seem like Matt's type. Ruby is happy to chat, because Matt is as usual charming and is also offering the most intelligent conversation she's had since she arrived in the city.

However, Dillon sees them talking, and thinks the worst, knowing Matt's bisexual Casanova tendencies (and still suffering from unresolved feelings for him). But being Dillon, he over-dramatises the protective big brother act. Ruby can't understand what his problem is, gets annoyed by his irrational behaviour, and goes back to chatting to Matt, largely to spite Dillon...
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Matt has his genitals out. While Ruby won't do a Yuki, that'll fluster her enough to make polite conversation impossible.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Depends on sightlines, maybe. But I'm sure that Matt is polite enough to zip up before engaging in conversation, even with someone he thinks is a guy, and it's not like Ruby is deliberately looking.

Anyhow, Ruby is a little priggish and easily embarrassed, but she really isn't Yuki. She knows men have genitals, she probably knows what they look like - she just doesn't want to have dealings with them (consciously). If she glimpsed Matt's penis, she'd just think "yuk" and look the other way until they were no longer visible (while something in the back of her mind said "gosh"). Note that her big worry here and now isn't meeting men or even seeing their bits - it's the danger of being teased by her sister.

(Which itself says something about their relationship.)
---------
Spidrift

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

What amuses me is that Ruby probably doesn't know about the social conventions at play in a men's room.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

As the big one is "No looking" (adding "unless you mean it" in some circles), I suspect that she'll manage.
---------
Spidrift

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

That men's room doesn't look big enough for any of the other etiquette rules to apply.

Reminded now of a story about my son. Took him to a stadium event, at some point he had to go to the bathroom - I had forgotten this was his first real experience in a public restroom. He steps up to the urinal, looks up at the guy next to him and says "Hi, I'm Robby!". There was great deal of uncontrollable shaking of bodies throughout the men's room, and the man at the next urinal said "That's a real friendly little guy you got there". Ah, the joys of parenthood - wouldn't trade them for anything.
PIXIE MEL!!!