Shouri

25-04-14 We are in disguise

Post by Shouri »

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 25-04-14 We are in disguise

Post by Azrael »

Rudy: Illicit Purveyour of Bootleg Yaoi. :p
Last edited by Azrael on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

=)) =)) =)) Oh my, Ruby's punchline made me laugh so hard ! Trying to pass for a drug dealer, that's both quick thinking and hilarious from her !
Love her expression in first panel too ! :-bd
I think it's only a matter of time before Amber recognizes Ruby. She may even be supportive of it, like "I didn't know you had this in you. That's pretty cool from my dearest little sister !".

brasca

Post by brasca »

That's some quick thinking on Ruby's part, but now she has to avoid being with Dillon while Amber is around to maintain her cover which means she's alone at her first concert. Full speed ahead with this train wreck.

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

:)) Way to throw Dillon under the bus, Rud(b)y.
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Oh Ruby that was priceless. =))

And now that Amber has arrived what's her evil plan to bag Gary? She could start by not telling Dillon and "Rudy" her plans for Gary.

Kradeiz

Post by Kradeiz »

Ruby really is the perfect foil for Dillon.

Also loved the shrinking reflection on her shades in Panel 3.
Good Lord. I'm shocked that all my years of shooting people in bunny outfits has in no way prepared me for this.
-Nostalgia Critic

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Looks like Ruby CAN think straight... and fast, even when there's Yaoi in the air :D

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

This strip! I love it! ANOTHER! \M/

Ruby's expressions throughout the strip were fantastic. I love how she tries to pass her self off as someone else in the last panel.

I kind of figured that if anyone who knows Dillon (and looks at him) will see it is just him in drag. Ruby on the other hand might just get away, but I'm not holding my breath.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Bambikles wrote:Oh my, Ruby's punchline made me laugh so hard ! Trying to pass for a drug dealer, that's both quick thinking and hilarious from her !
Well, she's been running with this being a ratty street punk disguise from the start. She seems to be getting her ideas from '70s cop shows, so she probably thought all along that she was playing a generic drug-dealing bad guy.
Love her expression in first panel too !
Yep. "Every time I think I've hit the limits of Dillon's idiocy..."
I think it's only a matter of time before Amber recognizes Ruby. She may even be supportive of it, like "I didn't know you had this in you. That's pretty cool from my dearest little sister !".
Well, she's not likely to bother criticising her, though she may ask why Ruby is doing this out of curiosity. The problem isn't that Amber would be judgemental, it's that Ruby will be embarrassed anyway. She wants to be the sensible one.
brasca wrote:That's some quick thinking on Ruby's part, but now she has to avoid being with Dillon while Amber is around to maintain her cover which means she's alone at her first concert. Full speed ahead with this train wreck.
I'm not at all sure that Ruby's disguise will hold up for more than five seconds. Logically... Amber will know that Dillon isn't the sort to go cutting drug deals with dubious street punks, and despite her best efforts there, I doubt that Ruby is doing the voice at all well. And as Amber just showed, she's got a pretty sharp eye. Dillon may distract Amber, but I'm not sure that even that should really work.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

For a hint at what Amber's Cunning Plan to bag Gary may be, note that she seems to be wearing a trenchcoat or something very much like it.. She'll probably have nothing on or just racy underwear - that seems about Amber's style I think.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

"Keywords: amber dillon gary"

I love Ruby's triple singularity in panel 3!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

themacnut wrote:For a hint at what Amber's Cunning Plan to bag Gary may be, note that she seems to be wearing a trenchcoat or something very much like it.. She'll probably have nothing on or just racy underwear - that seems about Amber's style I think.
And now I'm going to be disappointed when this doesn't happen.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Same here
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

I'll just chime in with the love panel 3 and Ruby's quick thinking. This character has grown on me since introduced as a complete prude who does nothing but scream about stuff.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle