18-04-14 Try committing to him

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Optimus Kate

Re: 18-04-14 Try committing to him

Post by Optimus Kate »

Nyaaaawww, I like this exchange a lot. I love these two together. As many have pointed out, Ruby is rather excellent at reigning Dillon in.

DILLON, IT'S A TRAP!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Error of Logic wrote:Well done chastising Dillon, Ruby, but... you seem too interested in Gary. You're being tested, too!
I'm seeing her expression there as either "Why is Dillon being distracted by this random stranger?" or "Where have I seen that face before?" I think it'll take slightly more than this to add Ruby to Gary's weird list of captured hearts. Though it may yet happen.
themacnut wrote:If Ruby does recognize Gary she'd be wise to keep that to herself. 'Cause if she does mention this to DIllon, he'll want to know how she knows him and down that path lies terrible embarrassment for Ruby.
Not really. "I saw his photo on your nightstand" is easy enough, and it's not news that Ruby has been in Dillon's room. If Dillon is thinking, he could point out that the picture was concealed - but it was hardly hidden very deep.
Fluffy wrote:That's the funny thing - many people who are not in relationships/never had relationships are usually the best people to get relationship advice from; seeing as their advice is not influenced by their own experiences, but based on a genuine opinion on what should be done.
Often true, but the one danger may be that the inexperienced person may just think in stereotypes. Ruby is doing fine here, but if Dillon's problems were more complicated, she might struggle more.

In other words, Dillon is having to be told the obvious...
Why would he recognize Dillon if he's not even looking for him?
Because he knows him. He's not looking for him, but if his gaze happens to sweep across Dillon, he should at least have a chance of going "Hah!". Remember, he's seen Dillon in drag several times.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:It is a terrible thing when someone needs the sort of relationship advice they can get from Ruby. Dillon also needs someone who he can't fish for flattery. Rudy is still being good for Ruby's dialogue, too.

And Gary is suffering a bad case of bishi sparkle. He looks a bit stunned, too - and he really ought to recognise Dillon in drag. Presumably being hit with DiDi flirtation on main beam has scrambled his brain a little.
It doesn't seem like Gary looked Dillon in the face or noticed he's there though.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

He walked right past him, as it appears to me. Like I said, he seems ... a bit preoccupied.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Spidrift wrote:
Why would he recognize Dillon if he's not even looking for him?
Because he knows him. He's not looking for him, but if his gaze happens to sweep across Dillon, he should at least have a chance of going "Hah!". Remember, he's seen Dillon in drag several times.
Are you saying when you walk by people, you always pay attention to who they are to see if you know them?

Gary may have passed by him, but he never looked at Dillon. He's looking straight ahead, not at the people at either side of him.

So, unless he looks in Dillon's direction or Dillon approaches him, Gary isn't going to notice him.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Well, right now...
Optimus Kate wrote:DILLON IS A TRAP!

FTFY. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fluffy wrote:Are you saying when you walk by people, you always pay attention to who they are to see if you know them?
No, but if I pass someone I know in a crowd, there's at least a chance that I'll recognise them and say Hi.
Gary may have passed by him, but he never looked at Dillon. He's looking straight ahead, not at the people at either side of him.
Quite. Gary is a little distracted and preoccupied, and hence not paying attention to his surroundings. It could just be a full bladder, but my guess is that he's a little overwhelmed by DiDi's flirting. He was looking rather distracted by her cleavage-enhancing posture a few strips back in Ma3.
---------
Spidrift

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

By the way, did Gary understand by now that DiDi is flirting with him?
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

If his mind doesn't, his body certainly does! :))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Quite. I don't think that Gary has really got the hang of human relationships well enough yet to recognise properly when he's being flirted with; it's a subtlety that confuses some better men than him. But he's just had an extended eyeful of enhanced DiDi cleavage, plus some DiDi giggling. He'd have to be dead to be immune to that.
---------
Spidrift

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

indeed, despite the fact that didi is, as we all know, the mistress of SUBTLETY.
Yet still, I live...

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Yes but remember Gary is the master of social cluelessness. The best way for a woman to let him know she's interested, in a way that even he can't miss, is to simply jump him the way Kiley did. Anything less than that may indeed be too subtle for our nerdy protagonist.

However, DiDi's moves are definitely having an effect, and given long enough to work her wiles even Gary's conscious mind may finally get the message. The question is whether she'll actually have the time she needs, and considering the 3-girl-pileup heading his way, plus Dillon, the answer is "most certainly not".
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

I agree with you regarding Gary but 3-girl pileup? It's looking like Peggy is going after Matt now which only leaves Didi and Amber going after Gary now. Amber will of course be boxblocked by Dillon so who's going to ruin Didi's chances? I'm thinking Gary himself because like you just pointed out Gary is the patron saint of obliviousness.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Who's going to ruin DiDi's chances besides Gary himself? There's more than one option there:

- Dillon, who won't want DiDi getting her claws into him any more than Amber;
- Zii, who wants DiDi for herself in spite of herself
- Yuki, who already beat up DiDi once over going after Gary and may do so again. I could see her diving onto DiDi from the stage if she's desperate enough

Sure, neither Dillon or Yuki have any real claim to Gary, but since when would such logic stop the likes of them? And yes Zii has been trying to resist DiDi's charms, but seeing her getting with the "sexual wet blanket" may be too much for her to take.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Kiley could spot the bullying blonde bimbo she met once before and yell at Gary that it's time he started making his own decisions. Matt could go insane with confusion at seeing Gary everywhere, go berserk, and put the real Gary in hospital. Angel could fail in his attempts to confuse Jerzy, notice Dillon looking at Gary, and set out to get revenge by seducing Dillon's obvious crush. Rudy could learn what's going on from Dillon and Amber and decide to save Ruby's fellow nerd, who seems to be a nice guy by all accounts, from this gang of depraved sex maniacs...

Or Gary could decide for himself who he feels like screwing. You know, the horse could learn to sing.

It'd be hard enough to predict how this evening will pan out if this was a coherent psychological drama. Given that it's a sex farce, only a fool would place bets.
---------
Spidrift