15-04-14 Things I could give

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

CFT

Re: 15-04-14 Things I could give

Post by CFT »

You need a specific kind of "guts" to pull off a blackmail (even a "friendly" one, like Spidrift's suggestion), and Ruby and Rudy share the same "non-blackmail" guts. :p
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ruby (as Rudy) has already shown a capacity to try blackmail; she was the one who suggested the idea that Dillon needed to pay her off (shocking Dillon). It may have been a tentative, throwaway idea - a joke even - but now Dillon is running with it, all Ruby has to do is add embellishments. And after all she's had to put up with from Dillon, she's likely to find it highly satisfying.

Anyway, pulling that stunt wouldn't put her that far into Bruce Wayne territory - and she is supposed to be quite smart. Which is something we haven't seen much of so far; it'd be nice if she showed that her fabled graduate-level, Amber-intimidating brain was real somehow. And yes, Rudy may indeed be the key to showing what Ruby is actually capable of.

Plus, hey, Dillon being tortured. That's worth a bit of character distortion.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Ruby is learnt, not necessarily intelligent... :|

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The English word is usually "educated". Some people would use the colloquial "book-smart" in this context.

And yes, Ruby's intelligence may be more or less entirely academic. (Oh god I recognise that syndrome. Aargh.) Still, there's supposed to be some kind of working brain in there - enough that she apparently sometimes makes Amber feel stupid; it's nice when we very occasionally see it in action.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Dinnersaur

Post by Dinnersaur »

Fluffy wrote:I'm pretty sure there was some intent on Dillon's side, though - why else would he get annoyed when the object of his desire showed more attention to someone other than himself (like Gary to Amber, or Richie to Ruby?)
Ego. You've never known people to flirt in a fish for compliments? You've never known people to compete for the attention of somebody in whom one or both have no actual interest in? It's an unflattering motivation, but very human.

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

You know, in this comic, Dillon is wondering about what he could give, but he fails to find the right answer: he could, for once, give a shit about other peoples' feelings.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.