Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Giz
Site Admin

11-04-14 I am remembering the positions

Post by Giz »

Crystafent82

Re: 11-04-14 I am remembering the positions

Post by Crystafent82 »

Nice to see them calling each other on their BS.

Although i am somewhat disappointed to see so little of Amber. She is one of the 3 roomies but has had the least screen time. Even Angel seems to get more.
You can never be too old to have fun.

If you can't tell by now, English is not my first language.
Eisu wrote:The nipples makes a lot of difference, it's all technical.
You can quote me on that too.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

how are they getting that fake beard to stick to ruby's face?

and if dillon had that lying around, how come his disguise wasn't more convincing than 'dillon in a skirt'?
Yet still, I live...

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

So this is ping-pong time. Pretty pleasant. If more of the strip looks like this, I won't be disappointed.

Crystafent82

Post by Crystafent82 »

@J: Dillon and Amber have a lot of disguises at their home, so some special glue for props like fake ears, horns and other stuff should be in there too.
You can never be too old to have fun.

If you can't tell by now, English is not my first language.
Eisu wrote:The nipples makes a lot of difference, it's all technical.
You can quote me on that too.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think this strip may answer the question of how that disguise can work on Ruby. It's really visibly her in there, but at the same time the disguise is visibly effective. Neat.
Crystafent82 wrote:Nice to see them calling each other on their BS.
Ruby needs a little more self-knowledge. If she can get that, and combine it with her current level of integrity, she'll be quite hard to stop.
Crystafent82 wrote:Although i am somewhat disappointed to see so little of Amber. She is one of the 3 roomies but has had the least screen time. Even Angel seems to get more.
She's been a bit busy in Ma3 just lately, which is maybe where her quest for a good man will next be worked through. Unfortunately, she can't play off Dillon as well as Ruby does; she enables him too much, and he's too soft on her. And she can only play off Ruby by getting into some rather difficult non-comedy areas of honesty and family relationships. Though I am looking forward to the day when she can no longer hide her past career from their parents.
'J' wrote:how are they getting that fake beard to stick to ruby's face?
Spirit gum, probably.
'J' wrote:and if dillon had that lying around, how come his disguise wasn't more convincing than 'dillon in a skirt'?
Would "Dillon in a beard" be any better? Anyway, he clearly enjoys dragging up.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

No, Ruby. Attack. ATTACK! don't give up the momentum. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

That's why she needs that self-knowledge. So long as Dillon can embarrass her, he'll be able to break her serve. If she was able to shrug and say "Because those positions were so damn sexy", she'd have him on the run.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Is it weird I prefer Dillon and Ruby like this?
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Do you mean "fencing and with their brains in gear" or "in drag"?
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:That's why she needs that self-knowledge. So long as Dillon can embarrass her, he'll be able to break her serve. If she was able to shrug and say "Because those positions were so damn sexy", she'd have him on the run.
Indeed. There's nothing wrong with Ruby having a sexual appetite and she's not hypocritically judging others, but Dillon's whole reason for spying on Jerzy is to see if he's cheating and while there is a difference between cheating and flirting I doubt Dillon would be as forgiving. Too bad for Ruby and Dillon because he needs someone to call him on this kind of thing and if he can press the right buttons to nullify Ruby then he's going to carry on the way he does without any reality check.

Mr_Rose

Post by Mr_Rose »

Raamyah wrote:Is it weird I prefer Dillon and Ruby like this?
Nope. Or, at least, if it is then I'm weird too. We can be weird-siblings, yay! :ymhug:

But really, they do seem much more like a couple than any of the actual couples around them right now… maybe they just skipped the awkward getting-to-know-you stage?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:Too bad for Ruby and Dillon because he needs someone to call him on this kind of thing and if he can press the right buttons to nullify Ruby then he's going to carry on the way he does without any reality check.
I think that the reality check will come from Angel successfully getting inside Jerzy's head and making him doubt Dillon. Which is too bad for Dillon, because that's going to be tougher for him than getting a few home truths from someone who doesn't have much of a dog in this fight.
Mr_Rose wrote:But really, they do seem much more like a couple than any of the actual couples around them right now… maybe they just skipped the awkward getting-to-know-you stage?
Dillon is a hyper-feminine straight woman trapped in the body of a gay man. Ruby is an embarrassed masculine gay man trapped in the body of a straight woman. Unfortunately, that doesn't quite work as a couple.
---------
Spidrift

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Got to love how Dillon is trying to play the innocence card when it comes to his 'swimming lessons'. That boy knew exactly what he was doing when asking for diving lessons when he can't even swim.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I wouldn't underestimate Dillon's capacity for sheer self-delusion. As I've said before, the guy floats round the world in a fluffy pink cloud of unreality.

Which doesn't mean that you're wrong; it just means that Dillon may honestly believe every word that comes out of his mouth, including the contradictory ones.
---------
Spidrift