11-04-14 I am remembering the positions

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Re: 11-04-14 I am remembering the positions

Post by Raamyah »

Spidrift wrote:Do you mean "fencing and with their brains in gear" or "in drag"?
In drag, of course. Ruby's kinda cute.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Her problem is going to be that beard. It's there for a reason, of course - to hide the shape of her face from people who know her, and to add to her apparent maleness - but mostly, she's going to look (and probably sound) like a mid-teen boy. And a mid-teen boy with a soul patch is going to be noticed, because it appears that the little squirt is trying far too hard to look grown up.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Kradeiz

Post by Kradeiz »

These two make the perfect pair.
Not pairing, just pair.
Good Lord. I'm shocked that all my years of shooting people in bunny outfits has in no way prepared me for this.
-Nostalgia Critic

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

See? Diving lessons. It's not Dillon's fault you're a pack of perverts. :D

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I'm stupid. I don't quite get it. :-\ :-s

Is Ruby lying about the school report, and also blushing because she remembers Dillon's positions?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

Post by Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Ruby will discover that she enjoys this cross-dressing thing WAY more than she ever expected--and in WAYS that she neither expected nor knew she had in her. (Who knows?...this might be the thing that eventually leads to some real, sincere bonding between Ruby and Dillon!)

In the meantime, I'm enjoying this little adventure of theirs way more than *I* ever expected. I was expecting some sort of awkward, embarrassing comedic trainwreck (which of course may still happen--because, y'know, comedy...) but so far, so good.

And while I'm making rash, overconfident, optimistic predictions, I'm also going to predict that unlike Dillon (who most of the regular cast have seen in drag before at one time or another) Ruby is going to be able to carry off her disguise successfully for the entire evening. If anyone sees through it, it might be Angel--who might, for reasons of her own, decide to keep the secret.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:Is Ruby lying about the school report, and also blushing because she remembers Dillon's positions?
Yes.

She's blushing because she remembers Dillon's "diving lessons" (or rather, her own response to them, I suspect), and embarrassed when Dillon guesses, so she lies and pulls the first faintly embarrassing thing she can remember out of her memory. Which was something to do with school, because education was her whole life until recently.

(She's a lousy liar, of course. Lack of practice.)

(By the way, talking of those "diving lessons" - if anyone needs proof that Andy is too stupid to live, how about the fact that he gives diving lessons to someone who can't swim?)
Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Ruby will discover that she enjoys this cross-dressing thing WAY more than she ever expected--and in WAYS that she neither expected nor knew she had in her.
I don't think that she'll get any kind of sexual thrill from it; my impression is that, under all the repression, Ruby is an amazingly straightforward, vanilla sort of heterosexual woman. That's the joke, after all; she's repressing the most ordinary inclinations in the world. But I do think that she might realise that she likes this disguise, because it's the opposite of sexual for her.

Part of Ruby's problem is that she doesn't get "femininity". I mean, she's straightforwardly female, and she can dress smartly if she has to, and at heart she wants to look good - but all that stuff with short skirts and high heels and flirtation and makeup and girliness? That just looks stupid to her. Does - not - compute. She needs guidance from someone like Dillon to make the simplest reliable shopping decision. Which is rough, because usually, she can't step out the door without having to be "feminine" in some way.

Rube, on the other hand, gets off easy. He can dress for comfort, and be himself, and snark at the likes of Dillon without feeling that he's got something wrong. Rube is comfortable.

So yes, I think and hope that we might see more of this costume. But not for any reasons that Dillon will like. Oh, and Dillon has enough "femininity" for both of them.
Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot wrote:And while I'm making rash, overconfident, optimistic predictions, I'm also going to predict that unlike Dillon (who most of the regular cast have seen in drag before at one time or another) Ruby is going to be able to carry off her disguise successfully for the entire evening.
Quite probably. After all, the only people there who know her are Amber (who she knows to avoid, and who'll be distracted by her own concerns) and Angel (who'll be on stage with the lights in her eyes). Not that Ruby is likely to be much good at acting, but she's effectively passing as a goofy teenage boy with an unwise beard, and nobody expects rational behaviour from them.

Bonus points if Amber gets home, discovers the overcoat and baseball cap discarded in the lounge, and wonders who brought what home for the night.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.