Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Giz
Site Admin

18-03-14 Right by my side

Post by Giz »

brasca

Re: 18-03-14 Right by my side

Post by brasca »

Jerzy didn't really lie, but I doubt Dillon will think so when this inevitably comes out.

And looking on the bright side for Ruby at least her "date" is not going to be out to take advantage of her... sexually.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Looks like I was wrong about one thing; Andy isn't going to be roped into this for his second date with Ruby. Unless he somehow shows up anyway, and Ruby finds herself being excruciatingly admired again because she's got a cute guy on each arm.

And we still don't know what Dillon's original or new plans were and are. But anyhow, there's one bit of what I'll take to be precise characterisation for Ruby here; she is of course exactly the sort of tidy-minded person who'd do the research when being dragged somewhere she didn't know. And I like how she's making it slightly maliciously clear to Dillon that she's learned how his interests work.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Awww, Ruby, wasn't at least a bit curious about this concert ? :|
"Yay, I'm staying home"... :ymsigh:
Well, even if you wouldn't have been with Dillon, you could have gone out on your on...or with Andy...or with Amber...or with Minew... :D

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Hm, looks like Ruby took her "HECK YES!" very specifically. She'd accompany Dillon to the concert to find his bf's faults. Boyfreind not going? No need to go either!"

Of course, now this is exactly what she'll be doing even if neither know it yet. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Bambikles wrote:Awww, Ruby, wasn't at least a bit curious about this concert ?
What's to be curious about? She doesn't strike me as exactly the rock'n'roll type, for a start. (Her reaction to the idea may even have been as nervous as Gary's. Though I'm still putting a sporting bet on her feet going their own way once the music starts and her mind wanders.) All that she knew about the gig was that it involved some band involving friends of Dillon's - and while she's more tolerant of Dillon now than she was, she probably reckons she knows as much about him and his friends as she ever wants to. Then she looked things up, and found the name of the other band playing, which sounds much more Dillon's sort of thing than hers.

Plus, the whole thing about her going was Dillon's idea, which means that it automatically needs to be checked from all angles. Much more enticing to stay home with Minew and a good book, and enjoy a few Dillon-free hours.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I don't know. Ruby strikes me as the type who protests to much. :p I think she wants to go, even if she acts like she doesn't.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

and the monster of all meetings grows even more, what is next? Amber's friend? the landlady? Peg's old boyfriend? even Giz herself?
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JoybuzzerX wrote:Ruby strikes me as the type who protests to much.
That's established fact. But there's a difference between her subconscious desires and her conscious wishes. On a conscious level, this gig thing doesn't fit with her self-image.
---------
Spidrift

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Ruby does the research and still gets caught in the trap. Still, a noble effort.
wiseguy wrote:and the monster of all meetings grows even more, what is next? Amber's friend? the landlady? Peg's old boyfriend? even Giz herself?
I do sort of miss Chanelle, so we can hope.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

I agree in that what Ruby thinks and what she feels deep down can be two separate things. Dillon is on a quest to find faults with Jerzy and this will not end well.

I am curious to how Ruby will look when she goes.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Those designer jeans and a silk blouse, if she's got any sense or Dillon gets a say. Suits her, fits the context.

She might just consider borrowing that dress again, but it's a bit formal. She's not likely to talk to Amber before she heads out, because the comedy depends on Amber not knowing where Dillon is going this night - and anyway, Amber's idea of suitable dress for a rock concert is likely to be ... too similar to DiDi's.
---------
Spidrift

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

http://www.stickydillybuns.com/strips-s ... ed_a_claim Dillon either

A) simply wants to keep tabs on Angel

or

B) he really figured out Jerz' "helping out" is Angel (panel 1) and Dillon knows he is gonna be there( Ruby does know Angel but not that he is of Pretty boyz with electric toyz)
ImageImage

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Spidrift wrote: Plus, the whole thing about her going was Dillon's idea, which means that it automatically needs to be checked from all angles. Much more enticing to stay home with Minew and a good book, and enjoy a few Dillon-free hours.
As if Dillon was ever going to allow that. Far as he's concerned, a day without him is a day without sunshine. I'm quite sure Ruby's not the concert going type and was happy to find a loophole to escape. Too bad for her Dillon closed that loophole right quick.

Of course, she could always say "I'm not interested in going and you can't make me!" But then Dillon will start that crying thing again...
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

As I think I've said before, Ruby strikes me as fairly typical of her type of nerd. She'd much prefer not to be short of friends, and so she'll avoid things that will obviously alienate people. (Amber is different, being family - and anyway, Ruby has a clear specific grudge there.) This makes it trivial for Dillon to bounce her into things like this concert, without even having to resort to the hysteria.

Likewise, it'll make it excruciatingly hard for her ever to reject Andy - which is potentially likely to be a big problem in the longer term, because even if they manage some kind of short-term relationship, if he turns out not to be her type (and I don't think he is), he's too dim to realise when a relationship isn't working, and she's too conciliatory to dump him. But the comic probably won't ever go there.
---------
Spidrift