14-03-14 Write a song

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

brasca

Re: 14-03-14 Write a song

Post by brasca »

Snakie wrote:... and so we confirm: Zii banged Jerzy.
I think Jerzy would be a lot more alarmed and apprehensive about going if anything happened between him and Zii. I think he's slightly surprised because of undoubtedly all the things Angel told him about her and might even be curious to see if she lives up to the reputation. Moreover if Jerzy cheated on Angel I think the affinity for him would match what Dillon has for Matt.

I think there's more than enough drama cooking with Jerzy going to see his ex's concert without either telling Dillon or possibly lying about it.

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

OOOooooooo bad idea Jerzy. Let me break it down for you
This is Dillion (holds up a squeak toy)
This is Dillion when he catches you at Angel's concert without him (squeezes toy vigorously) - SQUEAK!-SQUEAK!-SQUEAK!-SQUEAK!-SQUEAK!-SQUEAK!-SQUEAK!-SQUEAK!-SQUEAK! ect.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

You are not considering the possibility that Angel is only "thinking" that is his boyfriend....you know like Dillon does

DrAngryEd

Post by DrAngryEd »

And now I can see a scenario in which Jerzy will face his "competition" to Dillon's heart (remember he has a grasp on the Gary crush) and also the bastard cheating ex boyfriend (he knows that hecause of Matt, Dilly has an erroneous impression that a bi man is a cheater by default).
Now that I mention it, bring it on. I want to see Matt's sorry ass being kicked...or maybe he will think Gary is Matt O_o
Last edited by DrAngryEd on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Dreams do not vanish, so long as people do not abandon them."

Captain Phantom F. Harlock I

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

smug sonya is sexy
Yet still, I live...

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Yep, still selling those tickets to the apocalypse. Buy them while they are cheep.

So far we have all of the current Ma3 and SDB players attending. There is still time to being Sandra over (for whatever thin excuse you want), however concerning the current developments I don't think she will feature much in the current volume finisher.

Considering that Dillon already plans on going to the concert with Jerzy and Ruby, how is Jerzy going to react to that news?
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

DrAngryEd wrote:And now I can see a scenario in which Jerzy will face his "competition" to Dillon's heart (remember he has a grasp on the Gary crush) and also the bastard cheating ex boyfriend (he knows that hecause of Matt, Dilly has an erroneous impression that a bi man is a cheater by default).
Now that I mention it, bring it on. I want to see Matt's sorry ass being kicked...or maybe he will think Gary is Matt O_o
There's that, easily (seriously, Gary is in for the worst of it).

But Jerzy will also have some explaining to do, himself - as he'll be lying to Dillon in order to attend this concert solo; which is not going to bode well, at all.

I mean, how do you explain to your partner that you ditched them in favor of your ex and have it sound reasonable/understandable?

But then, given how Dillon is around Gary (or any attractive male that catches his fancy when Jerzy isn't in sight), how is that going to look in Jerzy's eyes?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Jerzy has said that he can live with competition for Dillon's attention, and that he finds Dillon's open emotionalism cute rather than annoying. Which is not to say that he'd put up with unlimited amounts of two-timing, but he seems relatively tolerant of Dillon's Dillonisms.

However, he's certainly being stupid here - although that's "stupid" rather than "evil", because he isn't actually lying, just neglecting to mention things. Taking what he says at face value - because it's consistent - he is trying to keep Angel at friendly arm's length, but he's also trying to give Angel the loyalty due to an old friend. He wants to help Angel, and he's prepared to cheer him from the audience and not bring Dillon, if that's the support an old friend needs.

Which is, like I said, dumb - especially since he heard Angel singing songs called "I Want You Back". But he's not the first person in history to make stupid mistakes out of misplaced loyalty.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Jerzy says he doesn't mind a little competition - but saying and doing are two different things.

And have we seen Dillon hitting on another man while in Jerzy's presence? He complimented Andy once - and that was it.

It would be interesting to see how Jerzy would react to Dillon actively hitting on another man (Gary) or getting hit on (by Matt - who we know he finds irresistable, despite his douchebaggery).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

This hasn't proven Jerzy was the one Zii was having sex with. This hasn't even proven that it was actually Angel's boyfriend. It could have easily been that Zii was having sex with someone Angel considered her boyfriend but the boyfriend never considered it official. All we do know is that Zii's a terrible person.

For all we know, Zii was lying when she said "I thought you were into girls" to justify her having sex with Angel's boyfriend. Something Zii is more than willing to do.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Let's face it, we - in best Manuel-the-waiter style - know nutheeeng. Zii had sex with some guy. Angel said that guy was Angel's boyfriend. They argued. Zii has a record of self-indulgence. But all that leaves a lot of wiggle room for surprises and weird details.

And actually, I'm guessing that we may never learn a lot more about the details - though we'll probably one day learn the two big things (whether the guy was Jerzy, and what gender Angel is). The rest doesn't actually matter, and the writers may not actually have firm answers themselves. This is a cartoon strip sex comedy, not a criminal trial under laws of evidence. Those two argued about a guy, there was sex and nudity involved, harsh words and hard feelings passed - that's what matters, and we know that stuff already. The rest may well be forgotten in the rush to the next gag.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

I'm actually doubtful that Jerzy is the one who slept with Zii because of how lanky the guy we see looks. Sure, hiding the face is suggestive but that's a lot of muscle to put in a few years.

While he probably should have run this by Dillion since they seem to be fairly serious I think it is a bit early to call him a cad. Overly loyal, too sure of himself, and other things maybe but he might be trying to avoid the vanishing act some people pull on their friends when they're in a relationship.
'J' wrote:smug sonya is sexy
Well, yes, she is still Sonya after all. Her two sexiest modes are smug and gleefully exuberant. What has me baffled is why you're mentioning her in this thread. She's not crossed into SDB yet.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

I can't help but feel the forces of Chaos in Warhammer 40K would sacrifice worlds full of their followers for the epic collision of insanity about to break loose here. For entertainment value if nothing else.

I also can't help but feel we may be witnessing the beginning of the end of Jerzy and Dillon. Dillon will almost certainly pitch a fit to end all fits when he sees Jerzy at his ex's concert, the ex who has made it clear that he/she wants Jerzy back, and to which Jerzy did not invite Dillon as his +1. Due to past experiences with Matt, Dillon is highly likely to overreact and think Jerzy's about to cheat on him. Plus Jerzy may catch Dillon drooling over Gary (or any other attractive male at the gig) and find he's not so tolerant of DIllon's "Dillonisms" after all.

The resulting fight between them is likely to be serious. And possibly relationship-ending, considering their relationship is so new and therefore rather fragile.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

You may well be right. Giving Dillon a stable relationship this early in the comic's run always looked odd, given his starring role. No stardom without drama. A flaming break-up with Jerzy could restore his lead status. Not that it would necessarily be permanent; Jerzy would still be next door, and the whole thing could turn tiresomely on-again, off-again.

But with any luck, Ruby might refuse to believe that Dillon was really, sincerely upset.
---------
Spidrift

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

The way I see it, it'll end very violently. Pass the popcorn, please.
FIRRIB