Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

18-02-14 I will never improve

Post by Shouri »

Hogan

Re: 18-02-14 I will never improve

Post by Hogan »

... someone filled the train with live chickens and are driving it straight towards a cliffside located over a lake filled with ravenous crocodiles... and I can't look away!!!! :o

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I really am beginning to wonder about Andy's sexuality. The speed with which he accepted what Ruby seemed to be suggesting was just a bit too ... broad-minded. And, of course, it would be utterly hilarious if Ruby eventually decided that she'd found a guy she wanted as a boyfriend, just in time for that guy to come out as swinging the other way after all. The humiliation and embarrassment would have the whole audience rolling on the floor, laughing too hard to speak.

Still, for now, she's making slow progress, accidentally talking herself into things that she'd really be sad to miss. She might even get through this with her sanity intact. She can now escape indoors at less than a dead run, discover Amber's note, and hopefully not have to enjoy too many strange noises from Dillon's room. Hmm; what are the odds that she leaves Andy's gift on a table somewhere, and Amber is bemused to discover it when she gets in?

And I don't know Archie comics at all really, but would I be right in thinking that Andy's body language, especially in panel 1, is making his Archie expy status quite blatant? Alternatively, well, he's just looking like Ace from Eerie Cuties.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Looks like Ruby may talk herself into a relationship after all, despite her best intentions otherwise.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

i wonder how far these two will get based purely on naivety panic
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

themacnut wrote:Looks like Ruby may talk herself into a relationship after all, despite her best intentions otherwise.
It's more that she has a very conventional set of social responses; she finds it hard to say "no" to polite and reasonable requests, because that would look rude and confrontational. Plus, she instinctively tries to defer decisions that she finds hard - which is very human but very unwise, because it just means that you commit to doing later what you don't want to decide to do now.

Plus, at heart, she fairly clearly does want this. She's just scared.
'J' wrote:i wonder how far these two will get based purely on naivety panic
Having been reading Questionable Content lately, I could almost believe almost anything. I did find myself wondering if Ruby would end up going to bed with Andy in a desperate attempt to avoid kissing him. But Ruby isn't Marigold. Not yet, anyway; she may yet decide to investigate this "yaoi" thing further, and living in an apartment with what seems to be a live yaoi show every evening is evidently kick-starting her hormones already.

As for Andy - he's more naive in many ways, but not panicking at all that I can see - just ambling along treating everything as normal. Like I said, he's weird.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

there was supposed to be an 'and' in there. he's naive and she's panicking
Yet still, I live...

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

I think we have confirmed Andy as a bisexual. A straight man would have balked at the suggestion to kiss another man, but he was like, why not?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Not 100% confirmed. He has this weird hero worship thing going on for Dillon. Certainly very, very weird, though.
---------
Spidrift

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

The first time is never as good as people imagine it to be, is it? ^^

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

She DID like the kiss! :)

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Spidrift wrote:Not 100% confirmed. He has this weird hero worship thing going on for Dillon. Certainly very, very weird, though.
I'm inclined to agree with lordoffiling. A 100% hetero guy, at least one from a Western country like Canada, would not be eager to kiss another guy, no matter how much he looked up to that guy. Andy's got some bi tendencies in him for sure I'd say.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

"Sexuality is flexible" and all that. We note that Andy didn't register on Dillon's (usually quite reliable) gaydar. Possibly Kinsey 1 or thereabouts...

But that bromantic hero worship does seem quite unhealthily intense. I get the impression that he'd probably bang Dillon nine ways until Friday if Ruby asked him too nicely, and definitely if Dillon told him it was a good idea.
---------
Spidrift

Elasticpete

Post by Elasticpete »

This guy is good

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Am I the only one to feel appalled by Andy's line in the second panel ? Somehow it makes it look like he sees Ruby only as a practice dummy. #-o
That's sooooo unromantic. If I was a girl and he told it to me, it would have provoked an instant slap. b-(

EDIT: Fixed typo.
Last edited by Bambikles on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.