14-02-14 Please do

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: 14-02-14 Please do

Post by Don Alexander »

Optimus Kate wrote:Goodness gracious, between this and Sandra on the Rocks... *tugs at belt buckle* =p~
There. Better. :ymsmug:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

FlashD81 wrote:I'm enjoying this moment and hope Ruby can continue to grow in these moments. Now I'm not complaining but the comic is as much about her now (if not more so) than Dillon.
Yeah; Dillon's been given a fairly simple relationship situation (for now - Angel may contrive to complicate that yet), Amber seems to have given up her quest for a good man, and the new character who wandered in and started yelling at people has taken over and turned out to be cute and funny and sad and relatable.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

Don Alexander wrote:
Optimus Kate wrote:Goodness gracious, between this and Sandra on the Rocks... *tugs at belt buckle* =p~
There. Better. :ymsmug:
That's for when I get home. ;) (Plus I'm wearing a skirt.... Hahaha)

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

does this means a kiss in Ma3 tomorrow??
ImageImage

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Possibly, if Gary arrives home.

xetalon

Post by xetalon »

So the question is with who ? Didi ?

(by the way I'm sorry if that sentence seems wrong to you english people, but well that's not my mother tongue :P)

Kiggy

Post by Kiggy »

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:@Andy!

Milnoc wrote:Something to consider.

What if it turns out she actually liked the kiss?

She might even ask herself why did she wait so long for this. :)
We can only hope! :ympray: :YMDAYDREAM:
A Jersey Devil, a Mothman, and a Chupacabra walk into a bar. . .

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Wait...Dillon was teaching them stuff?

News to me. I thought Jerzy was in charge of that (at least for this dinner date, anyway).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Kiggy wrote:We can only hope!
I'm pretty sure that at heart Ruby likes this stuff, at least in principle, already, and may admit eventually that she could have tried it sooner. That first kiss looks a little weak, but nobody gets anything perfect the first time. She's just confused and uncertain because, well, first times.
Fluffy wrote:Wait...Dillon was teaching them stuff?

News to me. I thought Jerzy was in charge of that (at least for this dinner date, anyway).
News to everyone except Andy, I think. Like I said, he's coming across as weird and a bit dumb - I'm not sure if that's deliberate characterisation or just the way he's being used to set up jokes at present.

Actually, what with Andy's bizarre bromantic fixation and Jerzy and that scene with the kid in the pet shop, Dillon is beginning to look a bit of a Mary-Sue. Everybody loves him for no explicable reason.

Another fairly obvious observation, leading to a wild-eyed crossover prediction...

Ruby is going to have to deal with her yaoi fantasies somehow. Up until now, they've either been flashbacks, which she could say weren't her fault, or things that she could just about convince herself might actually be happening, and which needed to be stopped for moral reasons. However, this latest one is purely her libido yelling at her, she's going to get more of the same, and even her denial can only go so far. She may not like it, but this is going to drag her towards self-knowledge.

Okay, now the tangent. Thanks to Angel and Google, Ruby now knows that yaoi manga exists, and she's been told it matches her fantasies. So, once she starts allowing herself a few twinges of libido, like countless adolescent boys, she's going to look for ... published material. In fact, that scene where Angel told her about yaoi looks a bit pointless if she doesn't follow through. So what are the odds she slips off some time to find some of this stuff - just to see if it's as disgusting as she expects? It's not hard to locate a shop in the area that sells manga, and Ruby may well even be relieved to see a woman behind the counter, rather than a leering man - at least unless and until she recognises that woman. Which of course she may.

For her part, even if they met occasionally back in the day, Zii is unlikely to recognise Ruby, who's acquired ten years' growth, puberty, glasses, and a business suit. If she doesn't, though, she may congratulate this new customer on her taste (with typical Zii enthusiasm), offer her guidance (in embarrassing detail), or whatever.

And even if they don't recognise each other, well, there'll come the day when Zii drops by Amber's place, and Ruby is home. After all, "embarrass the virgin" is this comic's favourite joke; it's got to happen some time.

Double post merged. The DAMNed
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

I think Ruby would be more likely to hit google to avoid human interaction while she's indulging her fantasies. If, she doesn't have a computer of her own, she'll naturally forget to clean up her browser history.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

People in this comic universe just don't use the Internet as much as you'd think. I guess human interaction and paper sources just make for better jokes.

If she did hit the Web - well, the organised, fastidious, academic Ruby is one cast member who I would expect to think of things like clearing her browser history. On the other hand, she's probably not used to keeping embarrassing secrets from people she lives with. However, the worst that's likely to happen then is Amber or Dillon discovering what's in the cache - and they'd only be a bit embarrassing about it, and would probably each assume that it was the other who'd been looking at that stuff anyway. A virtual stranger who nonetheless knows herself and her family by name, and who'd probably discuss the subject loudly in public, would achieve the customary level of humiliation for Ruby.
---------
Spidrift

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

Of course, these inaccurate cross assumptions couldn't possibly lead to comedy. :)
She'll either do it in person, causing comedy, or not - also causing comedy.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Not as much comedy complexity as an encounter with Zii, though.(And really, how much comedy could come from Amber thinking that Dillon was looking at pictures of naked guys, or vice-versa? Bears, excretion, woods, popes, catholicism, et cetera.) And, well, we've already got Ruby running yaoi fantasies; my point was that her knowing what yaoi was might be the hook for a near-future crossover plot.
---------
Spidrift

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

Post by Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot »

Or...she could wander into the store where Kiley works. (I wonder what Kiley would decide Ruby needs to be "cured" of? Virginity? Would Matt help out with that too, like he's helped her with Yuki?)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

You mean the perfectly ordinary bookstall where Kiley had a job? As opposed to the shop which sells yaoi manga? You know, the plot point that's possibly currently hanging?

(For the record - yeah, Ruby could use some kind of therapy. But if she actually sought it out, she wouldn't be a terribly complicated case. She's got a few issues she needs to talk through with somebody, but once she's decided she needs to move on with her life, she's got everything she needs already. Throwing her at Kiley would be boring. So I don't think it'll happen.)
---------
Spidrift