31-01-14 Whatever is on your mind

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 31-01-14 Whatever is on your mind

Post by Spidrift »

I think that Andy is way out of his comfort zone here. Even if he's not as actively stupid as he sometimes looks, he's certainly naive and inexperienced; better men than him would be stumped over what to do about a woman who's comedy-frozen like this.

As to how they've apparently got from the pre-dinner drinks to the dessert course without anybody really doing anything about Ruby being paralysed - I think we just have to put that down to comedy. The camera cuts away and cuts back; don't ask what happened between times. If it helps, assume that Ruby has actually said a few words and eaten a few forkfuls of food at times, but keeps reverting to this pose. Whatever.

The interesting bit will be the thirty seconds after she finally snaps out of this state.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

Andy may be a good starter kit for Ruby, but I'm not seeing long term potential unless Andy grows a brain at some point.
I think Ruby is just going to float through this date, remembering nothing except the good night kiss.
Andy will just keep offering up conversation/activity until Ruby responds; it's that or realize the date is over, and he doesn't seem that perceptive. So the date will continue, if quietly so.

A possible second scenario would Jerzy seeing there's something wrong here and taking action. Ruby sees the date possibly ending (badly) and pipes up to make the date continue, because she REALLY wants that good night kiss.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Geeno wrote:Andy may be a good starter kit for Ruby, but I'm not seeing long term potential unless Andy grows a brain at some point.
Agreed. Turning him into relationship material is beginning to look like a bigger project than doing the same for Ruby.
Geeno wrote:A possible second scenario would Jerzy seeing there's something wrong here and taking action. Ruby sees the date possibly ending (badly) and pipes up to make the date continue, because she REALLY wants that good night kiss.
I think the key point here is that, yes, she really, really wants that kiss, however nervous she is about it. Anything that prevents it will make a horrible anticlimax, for her and the readers. How it actually goes when it happens ... will probably be the comedy punchline of this sequence, one way or another.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Of course Andy isn't long term material. When in the m3 universe has anyone been long term material? :p

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Everybody has long-term potential with everybody else. (Just ask the shippers.) It's just that the probabilities are distinctly lower in some cases than in others.
---------
Spidrift