10-01-2014 Poor misguided Angel

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: 10-01-2014 Poor misguided Angel

Post by Artemisia »

Well, who would you prefer she learn sex from. . .Sonya or Peggy :p
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

If that were my only choice: Peggy. Without hesitation.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, if we're running a competition for which current named character from the universe should be the one to pluck Ruby's fragile dew-bedecked blossom - on present form, it'd probably have to be Matt. Yes, yes, I know people would hate it, but Ruby is clearly heterosexual (and introducing her to any Kinsey 1-2 level inclinations she might have would just mess with her head sadistically - she's confused enough just now), and Matt seems to be about the only male character who's possibly sufficiently unattached, enjoys heterosexual sex, knows his arse from his elbow sexually and emotionally speaking, and at least tries to be a nice guy. At least Ruby would come out from the experience knowing how it's done correctly, and how good it can be mechanically speaking. And Matt would probably not behave much worse than she was half-expecting in the end.

Though I guess that Erik might also be a candidate.

However, I suspect that Ruby has quite a few dozen strips to work through her five stages before the subject becomes a live issue, so I'm sure we'll see some half-sensible candidates appear and develop by then.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I'd vote for Erik, too. He's non-judgmental, knows what he's doing, and doesn't sleep around on a committed relationship.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

However, he probably has his own hang-ups. They aren't explicit at first sight, but the whole thing with Zii, both sexually and in terms of managing her band, says to me that he really wants a cray-zee relationship with a hot rock'n'roll chick.

In other words, I don't think that Ruby is his type.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Oh, Spidrift. . .you know me. . . :p
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

But he'd let her down a lot smoother than Matt would, I think.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Ruby, I now dare ya to do an image search with the adult filter turned off! :))

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Artemisia wrote:Oh, Spidrift. . .you know me. . . :p
Sigh..yeah, I guess if Ruby's first has to be a guy, then Erik is it.

I actually commented on the Ma3 thread that I'm starting to feel like Ma3 is dedicated to loving women whether the characters are male or female, and SDB is dedicated to loving men whether the characters are male or female.

Kradeiz

Post by Kradeiz »

It's moments like the last panel where you can really see the resemblance between her and Amber.
Good Lord. I'm shocked that all my years of shooting people in bunny outfits has in no way prepared me for this.
-Nostalgia Critic

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:("Getting distracted like this is so annoying! It's all Amber's fault again!"/"Okay, I'll go on one date a week with Andy, and maybe let him kiss me - that should be enough, surely."/"I hate feeling like this! It isn't what I planned! It's ruining my life!"/"Okay, maybe this won't be so bad...")
And step #5:

"Oh yeah!! Give it to me!! F*** me harder! Oooooohhhh!"

*voice from off*: "Cut! Annnnd that's a wrap!"

:ymdevil:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

CFT

Post by CFT »

You should ban yourself for that joke Don. For Shame! [-( ;)
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Spiketwo89

Post by Spiketwo89 »

You know, considering how repressed and wound up Ruby is, i could see it all exploding at once and her doing something crazy that would make zii seem tame by comparison, she'd be much healthier if she just gave into her indulgences, just admit it to yourself Ruby, your a yaoi fan girl

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Error of Logic wrote:But he'd let her down a lot smoother than Matt would, I think.
The trouble is, I just don't think they're on the same wavelength at all. Erik strikes me as the type to say that he's interested in women, not girls; chasing someone like Ruby would feel either creepy or boring from his point of view. And Ruby would be intimidated by his air of dubious cool, or would write him off as a poseur.

Whereas Matt doesn't have a type - or rather, almost everybody is Matt's type. Getting things right with a naive virgin would count as an interesting challenge for him. (It's one thing to be said for vain people; sometimes they put the effort in to justify the vanity.) And he doesn't seem to want to be a total jerk, and I get the impression that he's been honestly trying to improve lately, so the thing might not end too badly.

But as I said, this is all totally hypothetical. Ruby has to get through anger, bargaining, and depression yet before she hits acceptance; that should give Andy time to get hit repeatedly with a clue-by-four, or allow the plot to introduce a heterosexual male character who isn't an idiot, or whatever else might be needed to prevent Ruby's first time from being a total cluster... something.
---------
Spidrift

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Artemisia wrote:Well, who would you prefer she learn sex from. . .Sonya or Peggy :p
Gary.