07-01-14 Missed opportunity

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

JoybuzzerX

Re: 07-01-14 Missed opportunity

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Cortez wrote:
Error of Logic wrote:I seem to recall he's independently wealthy and was looking for something meaningful to do.
Good for him that he didn't get turned off on his goal despite being burned by Suzi's leaping at the opportunity to pursue her object d'eros.
It also seems like it didn't affect him too much overall.
He may have started managing Angel's band before the incident with Zii. We've also only seen him in a business capacity since then. He may actually be able to keep himself level headed when it comes between his job and his love life. A quality one might want in a manager.

He also dated Didi, and knew Zii had issues she had to deal with. I think even Zii admitted she wasn't used to anything but flings. After catching her cheating on him, staying with her would have only encouraged her to think "I can cheat and still be with him" Breaking up with her though means she can realize what she's lost, decide for herself if she wants to try to make it work and not cheat.

Break ups don't have to mean they can't get back together.

Also, they dated for what, a few weeks?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Alternatively, we know that Erik sometimes gets over heartbreak by getting blitzed with a male acquaintance (Adrien previously, Jim was around this time), and then makes a big snap decision in the morning. This may all be a big displacement activity while he's weeping inside - or he may have wiped a large chunk of his memory with booze. In any case, he's actually had a couple of days since the break-up to get here.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

So did Erik completely drop Zii's band?
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Suzi and her henchwomen certainly seem to believe he did.
Unless we see a confrontation between Suzi and Erik with him asking why she ended their professional relationship as well as the romantic one, it's safe to assume he cut all ties.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Miss Vavavavoom wrote:So did Erik completely drop Zii's band?
So she said.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Artemisia wrote:I have a cousin who use to be a drag king. Basically, they're women who dress up like men in order to perform just like a drag queen is a man who dresses up as a woman and performs. Well, that's the simple explanation. There are a number of trans women who perform as drag queens. There's a certain outlandishness to the style.
women who pretend to be men who pretend to be women

thar's avanguard (I'll give you a cookie if you guess the reference)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Victor/Victoria starring Julie Andrews.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

I will let it pass because I like you so much but I was thinking Claudia from interview with the vampire

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

You do realize that Victor Victoria is a movie about a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman, right?
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

ronlocke

Post by ronlocke »

angel has boobs look at 4 panel.. http://www.stickydillybuns.com/strips-s ... ndly_terms her chest is sticking out.. :P

sweetlemon

Post by sweetlemon »

That's pretty sexy, even if it is just a t-shirt sleeve :p

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

ronlocke wrote:angel has boobs look at 4 panel.. http://www.stickydillybuns.com/strips-s ... ndly_terms her chest is sticking out.. :P
*blink, blink*

That's got to be a retcon... no...

Giz has not been going this long drawing a character with lipstick, eyeliner, shoulder-length hair, and breasts, without a gendered pronoun from anyone who knew her, and convinced us she was a guy.

...oh, dear Bolan.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

ronlocke wrote:angel has boobs look at 4 panel.. http://www.stickydillybuns.com/strips-s ... ndly_terms her chest is sticking out.. :P
I'm seeing that as a baggy t-shirt sleeve, seen at an angle past a fairly skinny chest. Compare panel 3 here. If it's a boob, she went up two cup sizes between strips.

I'm prepared to believe that Angel is female, but it's not been made obvious before now.
---------
Spidrift

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Yeah, that's a baggy t-shirt sleeve. No, if Angel's a woman, it hasn't been made obvious yet.

Oooo....even more cleaver...we never actually see Angel's crotch. Angel's always seen from the waist up except for once, and even then, can't tell anything.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Artemisia wrote:You do realize that Victor Victoria is a movie about a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman, right?
oh yes I watched the movie, but Claudia in interview with the vampire says (about Armand, Santiago and co.) "vampires pretending to be humans pretending to be vampires....that's avanguard) I was quoting her