15-11-13 Right where I am sitting

Post by Shouri »

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 15-11-13 Right where I am sitting

Post by Azrael »

Now shout about "Cooties!", Ruby. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

that reminds me, he still owes gary a new couch.
Yet still, I live...

rpr

Post by rpr »

I see something of Amber in Ruby in the bottom frame of the second column...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, there may well be a bit of deliberate family resemblance there. Mostly, though, I'm wishing we saw more of Ruby like that - human, and attractive with it, even if she isn't managing one of her rare sincere smiles - and less of the cartoony gurning that gets pasted on her face in a lot of other places.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Yes, panel 4 Ruby is heartbreakingly cute. The stained seat takes care of that pretty quickly.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Mr. Bee

Post by Mr. Bee »

I can't stop laughing at last panel Ruby. :)) Though panel four, or is it panel 2 part 3, Ruby is just lovely. :x

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Lipstick appearing white rather than black is so weird to me, almost to the point of being unsettling. Not sexy at all, just looks like collagened lips to me. :-s

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I hadn't even noticed that Ruby's lips were outlined to show that she's wearing lipstick until you pointed it out; it seems a very subtle (though actually artistically deft) touch to me. Darkening her lips at all would just emphasise them more overtly, making it look like Dillon had tragically overdone the makeup.

Off-hand, I'd just assume that he's had the sense (for once) to use a fairly neutral colour, given that Ruby wouldn't be comfortable in heavy slap; her lips will thus look more or less their normal colour, but with a bit more of a sheen.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Dillon says nothing happened and Ruby asks if there was an accident. I don't think she was really interested in the truth. Still it's not as bad as handling your sister's love egg.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dillon says "nothing happened" in a way that says clearly that something bloody happened, but Dillon feels obliged to be evasive about it - though not in a very convincing way. Ruby, having a healthy bump of curiosity and knowing better than to trust Dillon's judgement about what she might or might not want to know, takes the hint and asks what he's not saying. Dillon shows either that he didn't really want to conceal anything, or that he knows how persistent Ruby is likely to be, by folding and telling her straight away.

(Meanwhile, Jerzy is trying to be more tactful than Dillon - it's not hard - but his look of amusement suggests that he hasn't realised quite how unfair it might be to push Ruby too far.)
---------
Spidrift

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

I don't think that truck is safe at all. There's been a recall recently. http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/chrysler-r ... -1.2421021

Man juices on the seats are the least of Ruby's worries now! :))

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Now I wonder what they did. Jerzy mentioned safe driving, and you can't do much when driving except oral on the road. How does that get all over the seats? o_O
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I'm really going to assume you're being rhetorical with that musing. /:)
brasca wrote:Dillon says nothing happened and Ruby asks if there was an accident. I don't think she was really interested in the truth. Still it's not as bad as handling your sister's love egg.
Given her reaction, he gave her more info than he really needed to (the braggart). Thankfully, Jerzy has enough sense to stop him before he goes even further. (that poor girl - can you imagine what her reaction would be if she knew the rest of the heavily implied story? The love egg reaction would pale by comparison).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The irony there is that, unless they've sneaked off for another meeting in the intervening period, they didn't really get up to more than heavy petting in the truck. (All hands appear to be above the waist at any time.) The whole point about their rush back to the apartments was to have some privacy and comfort to go further. In fact Ruby saw them doing a lot more than that.

I would wonder what Dillon is saying in today's strip, and whether he's actually exaggerating a bit, but, well, we know that Ruby is comedy-prudish; it might not take much to elicit this reaction from her, especially if Dillon was actually a bit vague and her imagination filled in the gaps.

I'd also assume that Jerzy's line about "safe driving" simply means that he doesn't trust Dillon's hands not to stray at random moments. At which I'd say he was right; I certainly wouldn't trust Dillon not to squeeze his thigh affectionately or something, which is not something a sensible driver wants to happen just as he's hitting the brakes.
---------
Spidrift