14-10-13 I got distracted

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

dmra

Re: 14-10-13 I got distracted

Post by dmra »

Spidrift wrote:If you're implying ... anything, one just wishes that someone would make him put it back there.
I was aware of the danger that somebody might infer something like that from my comment but that wasn't the main point of it.

I was just struck by the fact that a number of people (and now a character in the strip) have made comments about Ruby wearing her glasses in the pool but nobody seemed to care that Dillon has a magic phone. It seemed to me to crystallise something I've noticed about the way this comic is going. At the risk of winding up in Pseuds Corner it's a bit like the collision between two realities in "Who framed Roger Rabbit". Bob Hoskins (Ruby) is living in something very close to the real world while Roger (Dillon) is living in a toon world where anything can happen so long as it's funny.

I think that helps explain why some people are having such strong reactions for and against some of the characters.

Quote fixed. The DAMNed

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Crystafent82 wrote:I kinda expect that phone to take dive as soon as Ruby gets her hands on it.
If the recording is on a memory card, that won't help.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

dmra wrote:I was just struck by the fact that a number of people (and now a character in the strip) have made comments about Ruby wearing her glasses in the pool but nobody seemed to care that Dillon has a magic phone. It seemed to me to crystallise something I've noticed about the way this comic is going. At the risk of winding up in Pseuds Corner it's a bit like the collision between two realities in "Who framed Roger Rabbit". Bob Hoskins (Ruby) is living in something very close to the real world while Roger (Dillon) is living in a toon world where anything can happen so long as it's funny.
You may be onto something there. Although Ruby got into the pool with those glasses, which may suggest that her connection to reality isn't that reliable.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Azrael wrote:You are now within the sphere of Dillon's influence, Ruby. Abandon all hope. :p
I think Dillon went too far recording that rescue.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Video recording at a swimming pool ? With I presume kids around ? Well dodgy.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.