Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

02-09-13 Pet the kitty

Post by Shouri »

SilentChaos87

Re: 02-09-13 Pet the kitty

Post by SilentChaos87 »

I can here Minew meowing in my head and it's adorably UNBEARABLE.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Pardon my French, Ruby, but you're so tight if you stuck a lump of coal up your ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

all glory to the hypno-cat!
Yet still, I live...

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

There are so many "pussies" in that apartment now. :p

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Never underestimate the power of pussy.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Okay, -60% mitigator on Bad Temper. Also, the interest value of the comic will now be directly proportional to how often Ruby can be separated from the cat.

I guess that the writers felt that she needed something to make her a sympathetic character and explain why she wasn't on the verge of explosion all the time. But I had no problems with the former, and I thought that things like the interaction with Dillon were already showing her unwinding a little. Oh well.

Also, Amber is yet another character who actually says "OMG". Dearie dearie me. Kids today.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Ruby's mood whiplash is downright scary. She went from X( to :x in .01 seconds there. Typical trait of a Tsundere if you ask me.

Kiggy

Post by Kiggy »

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
A Jersey Devil, a Mothman, and a Chupacabra walk into a bar. . .

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Boy, I laughed hard at this one.

Also, Minew now has a tag, so it's official! :x
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Snowfoxx

Post by Snowfoxx »

Panel 2 indicates that Minew is one extremely happy cat. Let's keep going with this.
Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have.

Clayvman

Post by Clayvman »

You go the touch.....you got the POOWEEEEERRRRRRR YEAH!

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Azrael wrote:Pardon my French, Ruby, but you're so tight if you stuck a lump of coal up your ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond. :p
I don't think it'd even take two weeks. Two days more likely.
zaprzapb wrote:Ruby's mood whiplash is downright scary. She went from X( to :x in .01 seconds there. Typical trait of a Tsundere if you ask me.
This surprises you? It wasn't apparent from her first few comics that Ruby was more than a little unstable? Still, just another example of the power of the kitteh.
Spidrift wrote:Okay, -60% mitigator on Bad Temper. Also, the interest value of the comic will now be directly proportional to how often Ruby can be separated from the cat.
I foresee a strip or several, maybe in a row, where some situation has Ruby about to blow like Krakatoa, then Minew shows up (or someone puts him in front of her face) and she instantly switches to "Awww cute kitteh!" This could be considered a gold mine of humor.
Spidrift wrote:I guess that the writers felt that she needed something to make her a sympathetic character and explain why she wasn't on the verge of explosion all the time. But I had no problems with the former, and I thought that things like the interaction with Dillon were already showing her unwinding a little. Oh well.
You know that saying about music soothing the savage beast? Will apparently kittehs unclench the uptight Ruby. This is a forecast of her future as a cat lady, didn't ya know?
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

themacnut wrote:I foresee a strip or several, maybe in a row, where some situation has Ruby about to blow like Krakatoa, then Minew shows up (or someone puts him in front of her face) and she instantly switches to "Awww cute kitteh!" This could be considered a gold mine of humor.
Or, well, a repeated joke. The same joke told three times isn't three times as funny.

As I'm pretty sure that Giz knows, actually. We could get a similar repetitive gag with Yuki - only more dramatic, because Yuki goes for physical violence whereas Ruby's is strictly verbal. But in general, we don't. Scenes when Yuki almost or actually detonates are played a bit differently each time.

But personally, I'd rather that Ruby actually detonated occasionally. Someone who could throw a few accidental home truths at Amber or Dillon - like her "it's all about sex with you" - would be a lot funnier than a string of daw-kittee gags.
themacnut wrote:This is a forecast of her future as a cat lady, didn't ya know?
And becoming a crazy cat lady is not usually considered a good thing, didn't ya know?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Nope, being a crazed cat lady is definitely a bad thing. But it's also Ruby's future if a cat is the only thing that makes her unclench. Or even worse, a kitten - I've known people who find kittens adorable but can't stand full-grown cats.

"But...kittens grow up into cats!" I tell such people.

"I know, and that's when I get rid of them." they reply.

Me: :-o #-o 8-}
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard