30-08-13 Minew

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Crystafent82

Re: 30-08-13 Minew

Post by Crystafent82 »

The average age to sell a kitten ranges from 8 weeks minimum to 12 weeks optimum.
Training the cat to use it's litterbox is the owners job, not to mention the kitten has to get used to its new surroudings and companions.
Remember, cats have no masters, only servants who bring food, clean up after them and play with them at their leasure.
You can never be too old to have fun.

If you can't tell by now, English is not my first language.
Eisu wrote:The nipples makes a lot of difference, it's all technical.
You can quote me on that too.

verityheld

Post by verityheld »

Minew--that's the kitten's name! Right there! And I'm sure the kitten is already litter-box trained by the store staff.

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

Post by Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot »

Actually, if the kitteh was in the shop for more than a few days he/she/it (?) probably did have access to a litter box there, and it's surprising how little time it takes even a really small kitten to get the idea of what to do, and where. But Ruby really should have set up the litter box in a location her cat could easily find as soon as she got home.

someone

Post by someone »

Crystafent82 wrote:Remember, cats have no masters, only servants who bring food, clean up after them and play with them at their leasure.
I'm very tired of this dumb cliché. If anything, dogs are more prone to this behavior, since they may believe themselves the alpha if they perceive you as weak in their dog-logic. They're also the ones who require to be regularly entertained by walks and such like, whining and tugging on your clothes for attention.

My cats are also very happy to go out on a walk, but they don't request it. If I want to be a couch potato all day long, they respect that and go wander on their own. The dog? Nope. The dog is all, "Walk me out, human! You are failing in your dog-tending duties, and I will gnaw on your shoes until you comply!" So I go to take the dog on a stroll through the woods around the house, and pretty soon I hear the little mews of the cats who hurry to join in the walk. There's nothing like walking through the woods with a dog and a bunch of cats. It's adorable.

Now in a city, I doubt it'd be possible. With the cars and the crowd and the pets of other people, the cats' territory would be far too small. When you don't have any neighbor at less than a couple miles, though, the housecats get a large territory and are eager to explore it with you. Difference is, they will not try to force your hand like dogs do.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

I dunno man, my experience with cats has been more like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKffm2uI4dk

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

While I've heard that some cats can be difficult to litter train, I've never owned or met one with that problem. On the other hand, I've been woken up in the middle of a cold winter night to let the dog out and then needed to rescue her from a snowdrift...

Yeah, I'm a cat person.

Crystafent82

Post by Crystafent82 »

I remember our first cat. It pulled a Garfield on me more than once.
What i mean by that? In the morning jumping on my bed, squatting down on my chest and punching me lightly with its front paws in a 1-2 manner in my face to wake me up and serve him food.
The dog we owned before that may have woken me up by barking, but never by punching me.
You can never be too old to have fun.

If you can't tell by now, English is not my first language.
Eisu wrote:The nipples makes a lot of difference, it's all technical.
You can quote me on that too.

someone

Post by someone »

That's kneading. You're lucky your cat didn't flex his claws while doing this, as one of mine did. (Thankfully, that cat only knead blankets, pillows, and piles of sweaters, not peoples' faces.)