Arkadi

Re: 15-02-13 Shall we toast

Post by Arkadi »

Ruby's HOT :-bd
Don't worry. It'll be good for her.

Clayvman

Post by Clayvman »

Here's hopping she makes an appearance in MA3.....the only chance of her being naked....though I wouldn't mind her meeting Gary. That would be an interesting...situation...should Amber be there.

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Artemisia wrote:The recession didn't hurt Canada as badly as it did other places, but the problem is that there's a glut of BBA's and MBA's on the market...and honestly, I believe that this was a degree invented in order to destabilize the economy.
I don't know about destabilizing the economy but some people looked at the stats without thinking about context, so a ton of people who aren't suited to the degree ended up with one. Like, seemingly, Ruby. It's only really useful as an adjunct to something else.

Really, you have to wonder how they stayed in touch at all given that while they know where Amber lives she doesn't respond to email or presumably phone calls. Ruby at least seems aware enough of that fact that she'd have made a phone call on her own beforehand.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

1. We don't know anything about Ruby's skills or planning, really. Strictly, we should reserve judgement there.

2. Comedy. Also, Ruby doesn't seem to want to be here, so she probably handled the preparation for this visit grudgingly and with minimal effort. Childish of her, but then, comedy.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

Mmmmmm well so far I'm having a mixed impression of Ruby. First she kind of forces her sister to take her in, and then she get's kind of passive aggressive with her. Not very likable. However, I will reserve judgement until further notice on the grounds that maybe she has a reason to be sullen. For starters, I'm sensing by her not so subtle hints that Amber is the favorite. At least, as viewed by Ruby. If she's right and Amber really does get all the parental affection, then I think I can sympathize with a little jealousy and subtle antagonism. If it's all in her head, then that's another story. If there's one thing I can't stand it's the groundless "I'm a victim" mindset.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's a family relationship gone a bit toxic. Right and wrong are rarely all on one side or the other in those, and wise outsiders just keep their heads down. I've suggested one possible narrative for what happened between those two, but that really is based on bugger-all evidence, so I shouldn't have.

Mind you, I definitely blame the parents. If they did play favourites, they shouldn't have, and if they didn't, they should have caught that sibling problems were brewing and done something about them early on.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.