04-02-13 An excuse to get close

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

GCRust

Re: 04-02-13 An excuse to get close

Post by GCRust »

I still don't care for the joke. Especially so soon after Jazy's reaction to Amber's rear. It's a tad early in the comic's lifespan to be reusing gags. Kinda like in Doctor Who Season 5, the early episodes always had to force the Doctor to yell "Geronimo!" because they were desperately trying to make it his new tag line. Fortunately, it didn't stick.
Every New Beginning comes from some other beginning's end

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Don Alexander wrote:Velma expy? :P
I'd buy that for a dollar. :x
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Now that is a short skirt. :x
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

I can't see how that skirt could accidently ended up that way while bending over. Not unless this was outside with strong enough wind. #-o

And maybe Dillon is just not used to see women undies as he seems to see them either fully clothed or naked... Nah, don't buying this myself. This strip did felt weird. :/

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

GCRust wrote:It's a tad early in the comic's lifespan to be reusing gags.
That I'll agree with. And having gay men react so badly to any sign of female sexuality? Doesn't that make them look a bit pathetic? I know that Jerzy was hamming it up, but still - if you had straight characters reacting that way to the "wrong" sort of sexual provocation, they'd just get marked down as homophobic jerks. (No, I don't believe that this stuff is 100% symmetrical. I just don't see why gay characters have to be portrayed as especially feeble.)

But let's assume that we've now had Jerzy doing this once and Dillon doing this once, and the joke was partly about the repetition, but now it's over and dead. If it gets used again, well, then we can break out the torches and pitchforks.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Chantelune wrote:I can't see how that skirt could accidently ended up that way while bending over. Not unless this was outside with strong enough wind. #-o

And maybe Dillon is just not used to see women undies as he seems to see them either fully clothed or naked... Nah, don't buying this myself. This strip did felt weird. :/
I think Dillon was acting like a Queen and used it as an excuse to jump into his date's arms ;)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Spidrift wrote:
GCRust wrote:It's a tad early in the comic's lifespan to be reusing gags.
That I'll agree with. And having gay men react so badly to any sign of female sexuality? Doesn't that make them look a bit pathetic? I know that Jerzy was hamming it up, but still - if you had straight characters reacting that way to the "wrong" sort of sexual provocation, they'd just get marked down as homophobic jerks. (No, I don't believe that this stuff is 100% symmetrical. I just don't see why gay characters have to be portrayed as especially feeble.)

But let's assume that we've now had Jerzy doing this once and Dillon doing this once, and the joke was partly about the repetition, but now it's over and dead. If it gets used again, well, then we can break out the torches and pitchforks.
I'm chalking it up to a single callback joke meant to put emphasis on just how alike the two can be, same as with the cologne earlier.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

sp Dill got to see some treasures of Ruby
ImageImage

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Don Alexander wrote:Velma expy? :P

Ravenhull will be so happy. ;)
Freely admit, she got my attention... ;)

And maybe he was just shocked by the print of the panties. :))
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Psyco Sonic

Post by Psyco Sonic »

And I'm already tired of the drama queen antics, not a good start.

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Get used to it, Dillon is the Screaming Cliche Queen of this universe. Just be glad he's (hopefully) taking a (long) break from Ma3.

Quote removed. The DAMNed
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Ravenhull wrote:And maybe he was just shocked by the print of the panties. :))
Next update: "Also, you should rethink your style..."

And those were some electric buttocks, I must say. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Hurbster wrote:Get used to it, Dillon is the Screaming Cliche Queen of this universe.
I do still have a fantasy in which this current plot leads up to Jerzy saying "You're easy on the eye, Dillon, but frankly I find all the camp drama terribly boring, so no thanks - good luck finding someone who can stand it".

But I don't hold out any hope.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

For anyone who hasn't heard of "The Electric Buttocks".

https://www.facebook.com/foufouneselectriques

I wonder if they still have their mini-golf?

Nokhal

Post by Nokhal »

Hi. Actually "Foufoune" doesn't mean butthock. It means pussy. Juste google image it if you don't trust me. (NSFW btw)

But again, we are talking about canadians, so maybe the slang words over there haven't exatcly the same meaning. But the fouf' sound nothing as a gay bar to me.