25-01-13 He knows that I like him

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shotgun65

Re: 25-01-13 He knows that I like him

Post by Shotgun65 »

Oh Dillon :))
I believe Monkeys are the answer to your questions.

Dzeintra

Post by Dzeintra »

I am perpetually scandalised and amused by this whole comic it would seem xD

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

o_o Okay. I'm awake. Now I just need to block the image of 'naked apron-style Dillon' from my memory.

GCRust

Post by GCRust »

*Looks at Panel Four*

Yes. That seems like the most logical solution.
Every New Beginning comes from some other beginning's end

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

So, are they doing a subtility contest where none of the participant know the meaning of subtle ? :-?

I like Amber's miffed expression in the first pannel. Now, she need to go get the sister to comfort herself. :D *single track minded.*

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

We note that Amber and Dillon have both met Felicia, but keep not saying much about her, positive or negative. She clearly is neither a total dreamboat nor a two-headed mutant, and presumably she doesn't project any very strong character traits on first meeting... I'm just wondering if she's meant to have much significance at all in this comic.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

When did they meet her ? For all we know, only Dillon met Felicia and Jerzy might very well not let Amber inside the house. So only one we know have actually met Felicia is Dillon and his head is so full of Jerzy right since he met him (to the point he confused tampons with beef's sticks) that he would hardly bother with small details like a sister.

And given how he was with Gary, it's actually a wonder that he did bother to check on Jerzy sexuality beforehand.

Actually, regarding Felicia, I mostly hope we'll be spared the "overprotective sister who doesn't like her brother's boyfriend".

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Okay, only Dillon has said for a fact that he's met Felicia; we only know for a fact that Amber knows that she exists, possibly just from Dillon. But presumably Dillon would have mentioned anything too obvious and extraordinary about her - after all, he wouldn't have met Jerzy at the point when he first mentioned her to Amber, so his brain would have been no more scrambled than usual.

The "over-protective sister" idea might indeed be tiresome, but if she's going to show up at all, it'd be nice if she had some kind of distinctive personality of her own. It's fine if she has a sex life, but I'd prefer her to be more than just a blank lust object for Amber. Of course, she might even turn into one of those writers' joke soap opera characters who is forever being mentioned by the cast, but who never actually appears on screen.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Would it have been better or worse if Dillon had a revealing boner under the apron?

I guess it depends on the size! :))

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Spidrift wrote:Dillon still isn't a character I can warm to much. The urge to just slap him, and to tell Amber to find a better outlet for her maternal instincts, is severe..
I feel like slapping him, too. No, wait - spank. I need to spank him. Right on his firm little bottom.

What? I think he looks adorable in that last panel.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

...If there was a "like" option, I'd use it for your comment, Raamyah.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

He does have a rather nice bottom, but I prefer Amber's ;)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

You know, I find myself hoping the Dillion ends up with someone clinging to him as obnoxiously as he has other people. I'm okay with him being happy, but I need more than melodramatic bottom with femme looks in a main character. Then again, a major relationship from the start might keep Amber free for the Gary Free For All that's brewing while setting up other jokes when Dillion finally gets an update.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

yiraheerai wrote:...If there was a "like" option, I'd use it for your comment, Raamyah.

Hee..thanks Yira!

Artemisia, I prefer Amber's, too, but Dillon looks too cute there. :x
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I think, if I was a gay man, I'd find him very cute :)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"