25-01-13 He knows that I like him

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Oarboar

Re: 25-01-13 He knows that I like him

Post by Oarboar »

We're only six strips in, people. It's never too early for speculation, but I'm chuckling at the notion that the mysterious Felicia's role is set in the strip one way or another. If this strip is anything like Ma3, the next strip is going to be a curveball, and there'll be plenty more after that.

If I were a gay man ... ehhh, it's tough, because I'm sure I'd be looking at the world a whole different way. But change only my orientation, and Dillon would definitely be eye candy, but I think his personality would wear thin on me very quickly. As in first date quickly.
"Hey Blossom! I’ve got reach, and you’ve got flexibility. We should bang."
"If you've been given a tank, you don't park it outside a nunnery. You go to war."
"Que ce bordel?" -- Maurice Richard

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I think, if I were a gay man, Dillon would still drive me up the wall and make me want to walk away.

DrahcirWolf

Post by DrahcirWolf »

=)) :ymhug: =))

Love it! This strip could potentially be my new favorite. Dillon has been my favorite character since his lament over his spilled photo collection.
Jen!
Hey ya?
Hello there!
Have you caught it yet?
Not quite, Jen! The spider managed to walk behind me, and is now between me and the door. So I can't get out.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oarboar wrote:If I were a gay man ... ehhh, it's tough, because I'm sure I'd be looking at the world a whole different way. But change only my orientation, and Dillon would definitely be eye candy, but I think his personality would wear thin on me very quickly. As in first date quickly.
Yeah - and I suspect his screaming stereotype behaviour would annoy a lot of slightly smarter gay men, too. I wonder if Matt found he got bored with him rather too quickly?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

There are a lot of gay men who play into the stereotype just like there are a lot of lesbians who play into it as well (despite accusations that I act like a stereotypical lesbian, I'm not).
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Still, another possibility for the comic would surely be that Jerzy could cheerfully acknowledge being gay, chat to Dillon for a few minutes - and then say "You know, I'm sure that you're a nice guy, and you look great, but I'm more into the macho types myself, and anyway I prefer guys who I can talk to for more than ten minutes without hitting the limits of their conversation..."
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Ok, say Jerzy is gay. Don't tell me that his instant reaction to Dillon is going to be 'yummy', rather that 'what the fuck is wrong with this nutter ?'
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Lordxana0

Post by Lordxana0 »

Turns out he is gay but just has an intense fear of behinds.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Or he's gay and has a boyfriend.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

LOL let's go with crazy theories

he is hiding the fact that he is a crossdresser and he is his own sister
ImageImage

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

I prefer Error of Logic's Gay and Boyfriend angle. More potential for threesomes. :)

Psyco Sonic

Post by Psyco Sonic »

ok he's gay but doesn't do premarital sex!

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

It turns out he's metrosexual....that is, he only has sex with cities :p
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

That's a nasty dating pool. It's so hard to avoid your ex without breaking your lease, and even if the relationship is going strong, cities never give flowers only to you.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

In Montreal, being a "métrosexuel" means desiring sex with the city's subway. :p