14-01-13 Hello new neighbor

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Bobolink

Re: 14-01-13 Hello new neighbor

Post by Bobolink »

Hurbster wrote:Have we ever seen Dillon use French before ? Just seems a bit odd he would not just say 'shop' or 'store'.
In Montréal, the use of the word "dépanneur" is almost universal, it has no direct translation. It's closest English equivalent is "corner store" but that is not an adequate translation. It is also where one buys beer and wine but not spirits.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

If only we all had it so easy.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting Felicia. I now associate that name with that potion from Oglaf... :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

neoman4426

Post by neoman4426 »

Spidrift wrote: Just not when it's inconvenient. Good news for Gary, whose tongue will therefore be under 20% less strain than otherwise.
Not necessarily, orgasming does help with the cramping from what I've heard, and they could use a menstrual cup or some such. Or just have him do it anyway, he isn't one to stand up for himself so even if it's something he's against, he might.
Raamyah wrote:Of course. "Something you want stuck up your butt" is always the first thought I have when someone gives me a present.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

As the punchline to the joke goes, "What do you think I am, a vampire?"
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Power_Pachyderms

Post by Power_Pachyderms »

Urk....:ymsick:

Reminds me of The Book of Totally Tasteless Jokes that came out when I was a kid.

Quote removed. The DAMNed
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~William Pitt
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken
Presenting a different vision of Robotech via illustration...

majek
BANNED

Post by majek »

Don Alexander wrote: Anyway, looking forward to meeting Felicia. I now associate that name with that potion from Oglaf... :D
LOL, hallucinating about blondes ... i'm getting that too, except it's this one.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Nice! Dillon gets to flirt with Reggie Mantle's better-looking brother. So how far will this go, and will someone open the door before climax?
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Mr. Bee

Post by Mr. Bee »

Oh hey, it's the Ma3 universe version of Ace! Only a bit older and, possibly, gayer, or bisexual......er. :)) Seriously, I could easily see this guy as what an older Ace would look like. Or perhaps an older brother.

LadyObvious23
BANNED

Post by LadyObvious23 »

Well. X3 I bet Gary'll be happy to hear Dillon's focusing his energies on someone new.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'

jbrecken

Post by jbrecken »

A box that big full of books would weigh a ton, and he's barely straining to carry it - dude is seriously muscled!

Kradeiz

Post by Kradeiz »

While I am so far enjoying this comic, I can't help but gag anytime someone ends a name with "y-poo". :ymsick:

Unrelated note: I like the facial style of this Jerzy guy; looks considerably different from most guys we've seen in Giz's work so far. It's a nice change, although I agree with some earlier posts: he does look a bit like Gary, at least in the nose. And if it turns out that he has a spine without being a jerk, I may end up liking him more than Gary.
Good Lord. I'm shocked that all my years of shooting people in bunny outfits has in no way prepared me for this.
-Nostalgia Critic

Razmos

Post by Razmos »

Forget Jersey Shore, Jerzy Rawr.

;)
(he looks kinda like a slightly more buff version of my boyfriend)

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

YESSSSS.

This comic is already awesome and it's only been three strips!
Don Alexander wrote:Anyway, looking forward to meeting Felicia. I now associate that name with that potion from Oglaf... :D
Um hi I love you. :ymblushing:

RickSmith

Re: 14-01-13 Hello new neighbor - bi??? gay???

Post by RickSmith »

MoonshadowDark wrote:I think a better question is why is nearly everyone in Canada a bisexual?

It just seems very unlikely that one out of every three characters that get introduced in these comics is a horny bisexual.
They aren't. Dillon made a pass at the camera man but we presume he was turned down, likely because the guy is not gay or bi. The comic concentrates on important events. Dillon flirting with 20 guys (who turn him down) are ignored. The one where he has a chance is shown.

On the other hand, being bi seems to becoming more common. In my niece's graduating high school class, I've been told, more than 1/2 of the girls identify as bi. (This blows me away. I assume it is trendy or something.)

On the gripping hand, Canada is more laid back about people being gay / bi than many areas of the USA. And Montreal is supposedly the most bohemian city in North America.

Warm regards, Rick.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Optimus Kate wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:Anyway, looking forward to meeting Felicia. I now associate that name with that potion from Oglaf... :D
Um hi I love you. :ymblushing:
Now this is where it gets interesting! :D ;;) :ymhug: :YMDAYDREAM:

@Rick: I'd say I love you, too, but I'm not gay/bi. So I'll just sincerely :ymapplause: for the Motie reference! :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)