11-01-13 Dreamboat in a baseball tee

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Hapax Legomenon

Re: 11-01-13 Dreamboat in a baseball tee

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

Amber's sardonic embellishment of her tale elicits an amused smile. It summons this quotation to mind:
"... and they have much to be concerned about. There's always the threat of an attack by say, a giant space dragon, the kind that leaves the sun every thirty days. It's a nuisance, but what would you expect from reptiles? Did I mention that my nose was on fire? That I have fifteen wild badgers living in my trousers?"
— Ranger Marcus Cole, Babylon 5: "Messages from Earth"
Apart from that, I am skeptical of the certitude of Dillon's assertion vis-à-vis Gary. It could be argued that the idiom, "old news," conveys "already established" not that said tidings are invalid.
"I thought to myself, 'A little fermented curd will do the trick.' So I curtailed my Walpoling activites, sallied forth, and infiltrated your place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some cheesy comestibles."
— Mr. Mousebender, "Cheese Shop"

| Not Anti-Amber | Not Anti-Didi | Not Anti-Dillon | Not Anti-Gary | Not Anti-Kiley | Not Anti-Sonya | Not Anti-Yuki | Not Anti-Zii |

Bobolink

Post by Bobolink »

The creative engine that is Giselle Lagacé has had to spin off yet another comic to express her ideas. Just don't burn out Giz.

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Clayvman wrote:Well...I like the fact that Dillon though he likes to tease him, acknowledged and respects the fact that Gary isn't gay. So props to him....in his own comic
That surprised me a little. I thought he was still hoping for some Gary time.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

He's always known the truth. It just didn't stop him from acting like an arse whenever Gary was around.

Blame Twoooo Luvv or something.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Teddywolf

Post by Teddywolf »

I blame hormones. Still, it's nice to see Dillon acting with some maturity for longer than two panels for once.
You'll be a star when you serve Byfar!

thebitterfig

Post by thebitterfig »

I'll tell you one thing I'm greatly looking forward to here. Amber-faces. Eyebrow Arch is gold, Skeptical Hug is silver, at least. We're well on our way.
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)