Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here!

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Post Reply
User avatar
Giz
Site Admin
Posts: 3562
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:32 am

Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here!

Post by Giz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:43 am

Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here! :)

User avatar
Azrael
Mischief Maker
Posts: 22411
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:48 am
Location: Down below, where the dead men go

Re: Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here!

Post by Azrael » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:48 am

No Dave on this one, eh?

Good luck on this new endeavour you two, I look forward to more. :D
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

User avatar
Giz
Site Admin
Posts: 3562
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:32 am

Re: Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here!

Post by Giz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:54 am

Oh, I'm sure Dave will poke his nose in our girly affairs. ;)

User avatar
Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities
Posts: 12462
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Deep in the mountains where the elves roam.

Re: Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here!

Post by Artemisia » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:41 pm

Not so much a question as a...YEAY!

I really like Dillon
Avatar thanks to Saikoh
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

User avatar
Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Posts: 5459
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:23 pm
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Re: Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here!

Post by Radbaron » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Giz wrote:Oh, I'm sure Dave will poke his nose in our girly affairs. ;)
Subtle innuendo follows...
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Image

User avatar
Kradeiz
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:36 am

Re: Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here!

Post by Kradeiz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:37 pm

Well, I was kinda hoping for an original project over another spin-off, but this has potential. And since the cast has expanded so much in Ma3, Dillon has all but disappeared, save for a few little guest spots.
Good Lord. I'm shocked that all my years of shooting people in bunny outfits has in no way prepared me for this.
-Nostalgia Critic

User avatar
Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Posts: 27532
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:26 am
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here!

Post by Don Alexander » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:14 pm

Is it PG-13 or R? PG-13 would just not make sense, in my opinion... :P

Oh, and also, why does this get its own forum? The whole *C verse has a single forum, and this is clearly an Ma3 spinoff (duh).
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

User avatar
Giz
Site Admin
Posts: 3562
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:32 am

Re: Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here!

Post by Giz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:45 pm

Don Alexander wrote:Oh, and also, why does this get its own forum? The whole *C verse has a single forum, and this is clearly an Ma3 spinoff (duh).
Because we knew we'd get this. :P
Spidrift wrote:Dillon isn't my favourite Ma3 cast member (tiresome idiot drama queen that he is), and the title is a bit wince-inducing. I was expecting, maybe, something about Sandra's modelling career in the new mystery strip, and I'd probably have been happier with that. But don't mind me, I'm just a cranky old straight male. I'll stick with it for a while, anyhow.
Don Alexander wrote:So, this is the big mystery surprise strip. About Dillon. The character I hate most in Ma3. Color me :|
Soooo, we decided that Dillon should get his own little corner since it might appeal to a different audience. Time will tell. In Ma3, Dillon's main purpose is to get in Gary's way. In his own comic, he'll be allowed to grow.

In regards to Sandra, we're still working on more strips, and you never know; it might eventually get its own site. A wait & see on that one.

:)

User avatar
Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo
Posts: 12642
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:32 pm
Location: LA: Lower Alabama
Contact:

Re: Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here!

Post by Ravenhull » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Well, I'm willing to give it a shot.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 11739
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here!

Post by Spidrift » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Kradeiz wrote:And since the cast has expanded so much in Ma3, Dillon has all but disappeared, save for a few little guest spots.
Not half as completely as some characters. But sadly, I imagine that no one wanted to write The Adventures of Jung and Eulice.
Giz wrote:Soooo, we decided that Dillon should get his own little corner since it might appeal to a different audience.
I'm curious as to who that audience is expected to be. Which is not sarcasm; I'm honestly curious. But I don't assume that I have a right to know anybody's private business/artistic thinking, so please regard that as a rhetorical question.
Giz wrote:Time will tell. In Ma3, Dillon's main purpose is to get in Gary's way. In his own comic, he'll be allowed to grow.
I thought that everybody's purpose in Ma3 was either to get in Gary's way, or to be the goal the way to whom was being got in... Frequently almost simultaneously.
Giz wrote:In regards to Sandra, we're still working on more strips, and you never know; it might eventually get its own site. A wait & see on that one.
I certainly wouldn't mind that. Given Sandra's current situation, it's hard to see how she'll ever be reintegrated into the main plot.

Thanks,
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

User avatar
Giz
Site Admin
Posts: 3562
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:32 am

Re: Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here!

Post by Giz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:55 pm

Spidrift wrote:I'm curious as to who that audience is expected to be. Which is not sarcasm; I'm honestly curious. But I don't assume that I have a right to know anybody's private business/artistic thinking, so please regard that as a rhetorical question.
The audience "might" gear more female on this one, but we'll see.
Spidrift wrote:I thought that everybody's purpose in Ma3 was to get in Gary's way.
Right, and it's really hard to go deeper on some characters without having readers go "Where's Gary? I want Gary? When is he gonna get laid again?!" ;)
Spidrift wrote:
Giz wrote:In regards to Sandra, we're still working on more strips, and you never know; it might eventually get its own site. A wait & see on that one.
I certainly wouldn't mind that. Given Sandra's current situation, it's hard to see how she'll ever be reintegrated into the main plot.
She might, eventually, be reintegrated into the main ma3 plot, but since we have other things to worry about in regards to Ma3, it's best to have Sandra show up in her own comic.

User avatar
Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities
Posts: 12462
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Deep in the mountains where the elves roam.

Re: Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here!

Post by Artemisia » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Giz wrote:
Spidrift wrote:I'm curious as to who that audience is expected to be. Which is not sarcasm; I'm honestly curious. But I don't assume that I have a right to know anybody's private business/artistic thinking, so please regard that as a rhetorical question.
The audience "might" gear more female on this one, but we'll see.
Depending on how you handle Dillon as a gay man, you could gain a big LGBT following too. :)

I like Dillon. He kind of reminds me of the character Patrick Stewart played in Jeffrey...yeah, he's flamboyant, but at the same time, it feels a little like an act to hide his real self.
Avatar thanks to Saikoh
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

User avatar
vampire hunter D
Posts: 3812
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 pm
Location: Jasoom

Re: Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here!

Post by vampire hunter D » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:10 pm

Giz wrote:
Spidrift wrote:
Giz wrote:In regards to Sandra, we're still working on more strips, and you never know; it might eventually get its own site. A wait & see on that one.
I certainly wouldn't mind that. Given Sandra's current situation, it's hard to see how she'll ever be reintegrated into the main plot.
She might, eventually, be reintegrated into the main ma3 plot, but since we have other things to worry about in regards to Ma3, it's best to have Sandra show up in her own comic.
If you do decide to do a Sandra spinoff, maybe you should consider giving yourself a break and bring in Eisu as a permanent part of the team. He does those characters very well in my opinion.

Of course, that would bring up the problem of further complicating the team anagram. GiDaCaTS is already pretty long , and I doin't see where to add an E :p
Pointless arguing is one of the three pillars upon which the Internet is built. The other two are of course cat pictures and porn.

User avatar
Giz
Site Admin
Posts: 3562
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:32 am

Re: Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here!

Post by Giz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:13 pm

Oh, for sure, if a Sandra strip gets going, it'll be with another artist. Eisu is our first pick.

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 11739
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: Ask Gisele and Shouri Questions Here!

Post by Spidrift » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:22 pm

Artemisia wrote:
Giz wrote:The audience "might" gear more female on this one, but we'll see.
Depending on how you handle Dillon as a gay man, you could gain a big LGBT following too. :)

I like Dillon. He kind of reminds me of the character Patrick Stewart played in Jeffrey...yeah, he's flamboyant, but at the same time, it feels a little like an act to hide his real self.
My cynical reading is that, where Ma3 provides a fair amount of fanservice to straight male and gay female readers, this comic will guarantee some for straight females and gay males...

And it may just be that I can't find a way to like Dillon very much, but I just can't see him as deep. He seems too consistently ditsy and shallow.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Post Reply