10-06-13 Makes me look professional

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 10-06-13 Makes me look professional

Post by Spidrift »

Unlikely. Remember, Ruby suffered her big trauma six or eight years ago, and she hasn't got over it yet - but in that time, she refrained from giving away Amber's secret, graduated from school, got into university, and came out with a degree. And the last thing we saw of her the night before this scene was her telling herself "I won't let this bother me. I'm stronger than that."

Ruby finds a stupid amount of stuff scary or confusing. She's naive as all hell. But on the plus side, it seems, she hangs in there. She's determined, or obstinate, or bloody-minded, take your pick. She's getting tied up in knots, but I don't think she's going to snap any time soon.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

besides, is amber's apartment really a good place to hide from perverts?
Yet still, I live...

brasca

Post by brasca »

It might be more innocent than that. If this professor could convince her that wearing a short skirt was good business attire because Ruby is naive enough to believe it why not go one step further and tell her that thongs improve posture or something like that. It would be a step up from the granny panties she wears now.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

That's because some of us like granny panties and find them sexier than thongs :p
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

brasca

Post by brasca »

True, but people like us are usually in the minority so I have to assume the professor might have the same kind of diabolical mind of Zii when it comes to seducing or catching a gander at naive college students.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

brasca wrote:It might be more innocent than that. If this professor could convince her that wearing a short skirt was good business attire because Ruby is naive enough to believe it why not go one step further and tell her that thongs improve posture or something like that. It would be a step up from the granny panties she wears now.
This is a comic in the Ma3 verse brasca, innocent ain't got nothing to do with it. That professor was a pervert, plain and simple. Bless her soul. :ymdevil:
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

brasca

Post by brasca »

Law of averages means there's got to be one non perverted person in that verse.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yes. Ruby.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

:)) =)) Ninja'd by Spidrift! Good one, sir.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

#-O Boudica's bouncing buttocks! Someone get me a cluex4!
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Artemisia wrote:That's because some of us like granny panties and find them sexier than thongs :p
Count me in. Thongs always had a vulgar feel to me. Showing too much and leaving almost nothing to imagination. #-o

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Artemisia wrote:

I sat through a lot of MBA courses and let me tell you- most of them were about how to legally commit fraud.
Right. That's just business as usual ;)

On the underwear question I support women in boyshorts, especially if they have nice posterior aspects.

If you know what I mean.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Bambikles wrote:
Artemisia wrote:That's because some of us like granny panties and find them sexier than thongs :p
Count me in. Thongs always had a vulgar feel to me. Showing too much and leaving almost nothing to imagination. #-o
Around this house, we refer to thongs as butt floss...
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

NTroper

Post by NTroper »

No naive feelings and thoughts remain strong around Dilly, it seems.
"In Haruhi we trust"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know the middle of my conversation was interrupting the beggining of your stuck-up gloating."-Ryuuga Yoshida.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I guess guess you could say that she realised her proffessor was a pervert because of her... hindsight!

oh wait, ive done this. Carry on.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?