22-07-13 Three Hundred

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

zaprzapb

Re: 22-07-13 Three Hundred

Post by zaprzapb »

I feel the same way I want Amber back in Ma3 too but it looks like that isn't going to happen.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Gion wrote:
Spidrift wrote:I get a strong sense that an Ma3 crossover is not on the cards for a long time yet, somehow.
The loss of Amber to SDB hurt MA3 in ways it still hasn't recovered from.
Amber would not appear more than she does in Ma3 if she wasn't in SDB. To be honest, you get to see her more now than you would if SDB didn't exist. We'll use her in MA3 when it's time to use her.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Besides, we wouldn't get to see this much of Sonya and Peggy if we were still dealing with Dillon and Amber in Ma3
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Giz wrote:Amber would not appear more than she does in Ma3 if she wasn't in SDB. To be honest, you get to see her more now than you would if SDB didn't exist. We'll use her in MA3 when it's time to use her.
I confess I'm glad to hear the last. I did think at one point that Amber had been rather arbitrarily yanked out of Ma3, and assumed that it was so she could disappear off to SDB - but then Gary's story in Ma3 took that rather odd surprise twist, which does reduce the need for or likelihood of an Amber appearance there.

Actually, I have mixed feelings about crossovers in general, in any comics, personally. Sometimes they're logical or necessary or fun, but they can also get a bit clumsy or messy. I like each story to have its own integrity. On the other hand, I'd be interested to see Zii interact with Ruby... But's that's mostly because of my unhealthy yen for soap-operatic backstory.

Anyway, thanks for the statement. It's nice to know what the writers are thinking sometimes.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.