03-06-13 Story behind that skirt

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 03-06-13 Story behind that skirt

Post by Spidrift »

Come to think of it - Ruby could end up admitting to an answer to Dillon's question that fits with my theory about why she still dresses like that, without sounding completely pathetic. "Look, I'm not very interested in clothes, okay? I've dressed like this for years. I'm comfortable like this."

Or words to that effect. Which could lead into another possibility that I've seen coming for a while; Dillon insisting on taking Ruby on a clothes shopping trip. This could be good or bad for her. It's bad if Dillon cuts loose with a full-scale gay man fashion blitz, embarrassing the crap out of Ruby and leaving her with a wardrobe full of stuff that she hates and cringes to wear. It's good if Dillon can maintain some restraint, and get her wearing some stuff that gets her taken a little bit more seriously in job interviews.

The problem with that is, of course, the presence of the words "Dillon" and "restraint" in the same sentence.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

KiTA

Post by KiTA »

Oh, I get it.

She's an exhibitionist. That's why she wanted to be left alone on her shopping trip, why she resents Amber, why she chose such a revealing skirt and is intentionally showing off, et cetera.

It also looks like Dillon has her pegged.

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

At this point I would normally say something about Dillion, sublety (or lack of) and most likely make a comparison involving a Rhino and a Porcelain Shop... but I've been told thats really harsh against the Rhinos, so I'll let it slide...

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Is anyone else getting tires of Ruby? She's very wound up and every response she has comes out with a yell or barrage of words. Seriously I feel like I'm reading Dragon Ball Z manga here.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Not having read Dragon Ball Z, I can't share that feeling.

Ruby is very ... on edge. If I was taking this more seriously, I'd doubt that she could last another two days. If it was live action, I might have to turn the volume down. But neither is the case, and she's still interesting. I want to see what happens here.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Next she'll be dropping bars of soap...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

brasca

Post by brasca »

Bambikles wrote:Wow, Dillon is going "Kiley mode" like he did with Gary, questioning things the characters concerned themselves usually don't. I wonder where it will go. Asides pseudo-manga conventions, Ruby wearing such a short skirt and showing so much amount of leg is pretty contradictory with her attitude towards sex and possibly seduction. She doesn't seem to be the type who despises sex but uses her power of seduction to go ahead in life/society.
I theorized once that Dillon and Kiley were siblings until I was told their surnames were different. I thought it would be funny to see Dillon's reaction upon finding out his sister slept with the guy he liked and the ensuing mix of brotherly over protectiveness and jealously. I supposed they could be cousins, but that's just not as good.

I wonder where Dillon is going with this. Seeing as how this kind of thing could happen easily enough I'm surprised Ruby hasn't gotten cat calls or whistles before. Of course it's wasted on Dillon, but maybe she has a thing for accidental exposure.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm not sure that Dillon is consciously going anywhere, except where the conversation takes him. He's not the planning type, and I'll believe him when he says he's just being curious here.
---------
Spidrift

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Spidrift wrote:Come to think of it - Ruby could end up admitting to an answer to Dillon's question that fits with my theory about why she still dresses like that, without sounding completely pathetic. "Look, I'm not very interested in clothes, okay? I've dressed like this for years. I'm comfortable like this."

Or words to that effect. Which could lead into another possibility that I've seen coming for a while; Dillon insisting on taking Ruby on a clothes shopping trip. This could be good or bad for her. It's bad if Dillon cuts loose with a full-scale gay man fashion blitz, embarrassing the crap out of Ruby and leaving her with a wardrobe full of stuff that she hates and cringes to wear. It's good if Dillon can maintain some restraint, and get her wearing some stuff that gets her taken a little bit more seriously in job interviews.

The problem with that is, of course, the presence of the words "Dillon" and "restraint" in the same sentence.
I think it's more likely to be bad for Ruby. I don't think Dillon would be able to restrain himself if he took her shopping. Then again, you never know. I still do think that Ruby is way too high strung. If something doesn't give soon, she's going to snap (which is where I think the writers are planning to go).
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

brasca wrote:I theorized once that Dillon and Kiley were siblings until I was told their surnames were different. I thought it would be funny to see Dillon's reaction upon finding out his sister slept with the guy he liked and the ensuing mix of brotherly over protectiveness and jealously. I supposed they could be cousins, but that's just not as good.
Their parents might have divorced and one of them adopted their mother's maiden name or they're half-siblings (same mother; different fathers) but that would be stretching things a bit.

Quote fixed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

MonCappy wrote:I still do think that Ruby is way too high strung. If something doesn't give soon, she's going to snap (which is where I think the writers are planning to go).
In real life - yes, someone like that is within minutes of clinical breakdown. In comedy ... it's her shtick. Though she maybe needs a bit more subtlety and an alternate shtick, if the joke isn't going to become a bit one-dimensional.
---------
Spidrift

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

zaprzapb wrote:
brasca wrote:I theorized once that Dillon and Kiley were siblings until I was told their surnames were different. I thought it would be funny to see Dillon's reaction upon finding out his sister slept with the guy he liked and the ensuing mix of brotherly over protectiveness and jealously. I supposed they could be cousins, but that's just not as good.
Their parents might have divorced and one of them adopted their mother's maiden name or they're half-siblings (same mother; different fathers) but that would be stretching things a bit.
It also would feel very very strange for Dillon to never have mentioned his sister to Gary nor Matt, given he's such a chatbox.