17-05-13 Turn around

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 17-05-13 Turn around

Post by Spidrift »

Odd Man Out wrote:I don't think long term antagonism is in the cards for the characters here. They're just not wired for it.
Apart, that is, from Ruby, who is clearly well able to hold grudges. With some reason, perhaps, but they're tenaciously held whatever.
Odd Man Out wrote:
captainswift wrote:And yet, Odd Man Out, I have a hard time believing Go Go Power Rangers isn't actually the absolutely most perfect song to go along with the act.
Maybe, although the Mario themes might suit Jerzy and Dillion's little romp better.
Being boringly straight, I simply assume either "Down Under" by Men at Work, or anything by the Village People. And then I walk away.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Don Alexander wrote:Image
Like this? :P
Hey, if the pipe fits...

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Someday, they'll look back on this and laugh...
:-?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I tend to assume that applies to virtually all the characters in this set of comics. They're all a bit immature, they're generally doing stuff that may be a bit unwise or embarrassing but that isn't going to kill them, and genre convention says that they're mostly heading towards fairly happy endings.

Some of them may cringe at some memories and try to pretend that bit didn't happen, but mostly they're all going through the most interesting year of their lives right now, I reckon.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Spidrift, Actually, I was referring to Super Mario and the princess in pink.
(Just kidding.)
Well, there's an old saying: "If only youth knew, and if only age could." It does help to be a quick learner. :-)

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

Is it just me? Or did anybody else notice the Yuki-esque swirly eyes on Ruby?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

BlairFan wrote:Well, there's an old saying: "If only youth knew, and if only age could."
"If youth but would, if age but could" is snappiest. Robert Browning.
Ophelianime wrote:Is it just me? Or did anybody else notice the Yuki-esque swirly eyes on Ruby?
I think they're just a cartoon convention for someone who's completely wigging out for some reason. Odds are Giz borrowed them from manga. Though yes, the fact that Giz used the same visual indicator in panel three as she uses when Yuki goes into a crotch-kicking frenzy is a fair sign that Ruby is really, really losing it by that point.
---------
Spidrift

Stonefoot

Post by Stonefoot »

Observations:

Most of the places I've lived, inside doors (except for bathrooms) didn't have locks.

Social convention in my family was that you would never open a closed door without knocking.

I think most of the people in these strips don't consider seeing (or being seen during) sexual activity as being particularly important. Some of them might prefer to have privacy, some would actually prefer to be watched (Zii?), and some wouldn't really care (Matt?). (This is also my own personal viewpoint. If my partner wanted privacy, I would respect that. Otherwise I think that being watched would be a turn-on. That's not, however, an experience I have had.)
A child of 5 could understand this. Fetch me a child of 5.
If you can get to 50 without growing up, you don't have to.
There are very few personal problems which can't be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.