March Contest Discussion Thread.

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Re: March Contest Discussion Thread.

Post by GothPoet »

It's not so much that I care about winning or losing, Don, just that I'd like there to be an actual chance for me to win. :p

Otherwise, what's the point of calling it a contest?
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Ask DnE! He seems to keep winning! :P

Or ask the people who vote for him.

Now I have the feeling we are going to make DnE feel bad... >_>
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

In order to avoid making the people who are not present, and the people (well, person) who are (is) present and have (has) actually entered feel bad/worse...perhaps we should just stop digging...instead of digging up, I mean.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Personally, I feel it's far from a "forgone conclusion" that I'll automatically win... I mean, I didn't win last year at this same contest. They're supposed to be for fun, after all. I would be the last person who wants to ruin anyone's fun.

And honestly? I don't have a clue what I might attempt to cook for this contest. I'm starting to really sweat about that. I just encourage to let everyone have fun - and while I can't speak for myself, I think the better part of the fun is all of the various recipes that we see everybody contribute.

I'll also say that being more of a baker, Teach is definitely a better chef than I am. Baking requires very precise measurements, very particular procedures to be followed... and I'm not good with that when I cook. I respectfully tip my hat to her, because I recognize how good she must be and that it's better than myself. :)

So c'mon, more entries people!
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

I sort of have an idea of something I could make that passes as a nom... and now my digital camera has come back from being serviced so I might be able to do it. Crazy.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Yay! :ymparty:

I'll try to get my noms on sometime next week...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

There should be a Nom-Off competition like, every month.

I should enter sometime, if I can refrain long enough from eating my makin's...
ImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

My entry is up! :D

I decided to try something that was easy to make, yet very different in flavor from what a lot of people might normally eat. I also wanted to try and have multiple complex flavors... it's well known that steak and eggs go very well together, but rather than make it a "pure carnivore" sammich (yes, I call it a sammich ;) ) when I thought to add the bacon I also suggested the diced tomato and green onion.

My only regrets? That I took as long as I did fiddling with the camera before eating this monster, and that I didn't buy more ingredients to make a second sandwich. :))
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

DnE, that looks absolutely scrumptious!!! =p~ =p~ =p~

Though I kind of had expected something... more elaborate from you. :-?
ImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I'm not a very elaborate cook, actually... it's just that I'm always trying new flavors, new tastes all the time. I don't believe that a person always has to spend all day slaving over the stove to have something tasty to eat - or even something new, for that matter. :D It's just what I do know how to cook, I do everything to cook well. ;)

... but thank you. :D It was delicious, and now that I've tried it and know how easy it is to make I think it's something I'm going to make frequently.

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Question:
can we enter a full-course meal?(appetizer, soup, main course and desert)?
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

@Fen: I don't see why not?

(I get the feeling this contest will have some very high standards. Voting will be extremely hard, I predict...)
ImageImage

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Fen...

I'm leaning towards "yes" on that request. Full courses are just large scale "Noms" in my opinion. My only stipulation is that I know you have a lot of friends who sometimes help out when they're around - so while I could accept perhaps basic assistance in prep such as chopping and peeling of certain items, for it to be fair to the others who might enter you'd have to personally do all the cooking.

I think Bear might take a day to respond to this question, as he's feeling a bit under the weather and his internet connection is "iffy" at the moment... but Teach, do you have any thought on this?

And I hope voting will be hard. :D Lots of tasty stuff created by forumites, huzzah!

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Oh, I will cook alone:P. I'll see if I can find a smexy friend to...ahem...model along with the food, however.

/has never actually cooked a fullcourse meal and it will be her first time doing each dish...also her first time making soup. And, if the oven will cooperate, her first time baking. It will be interesting.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

I recently looked up your very sexy bribery again... That was delicious... as well as what you made! ;)
ImageImage