Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Bear
BANNED

The Frankies 2010: Nominations.

Post by Bear »

Now presenting...

The Frankie Awards : 2010 Edition!

Its that time of year again that our lovable giant pink Kodiak forum mascot Frankie deems it time to mark out those worthy forumites who've done their best over the past year to make this forum comunity the great place to be that it is.

The time has come around again for you to make your nominations for those of us that are deserving of a Frankie Award! Thats right, our communities forum based awards scheme is here again. As last year, this isn't your typical contest, but its still a contest!

Its quite simple, for each of the catagories you nominate a forumite and then give a brief explaination of why they are voted for in that catagory. And be honest! Vote riggers will be smited! :ymdevil:

The catagories, as always are:

F - Fun
R - Risque
A - Artistry
N - Noms
K - Kilo-post
I - Inspiring
E - Exemplary

And what do they stand for? Anything you want them to! You nominate, and you explain why you've nominated who you have for each catagory. The catagories mean what they mean to you and what you want them to mean, its up to you, but make your explaination a good one!

Nominating period will be from now until the 21st, after which the nominations for each catagory will be tallied and the winners announced.

Get nominating!

Please keep this thread for nominations only and use the format of:-

F - Fun : I nominate (Insert name here) for Fun because...
R - Risque : I nominate (Insert name here) for Risque because...

And so on.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: The Frankies 2010: Nominations.

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, now that Teach has posted and I can't scare her anymore, time for mine!!

I'll do what any oscar nominator worth his salt does, I'll mostly nominate "independent movies" instead of the blockbusters. Also, no honorable mentions this time. Deal with it. :P

Fun: I nominate Azrael - for his crazy antics and his wheezing P-47 purr!! Mew! >^.^<
Risque: I nominate SidewaysPlatypus, our favorite Victoria's Secret model!! :x
Arts: I nominate JVDifferent - for Serranuesseth!!! Go nightmare insect dragon!!
Noms: I nominate Dirty n Evil for being cruel and making me drool so often with his descriptions of the awesome stuff he cooks. If this goes on, I'll have to buy a plane ticket to Florida. =p~
Kilo-Post: I nominate mys... um, I nominate Bear for Kilo-Posts, for his exemplary return to form and pre-posting several "k". :-bd
Inspiring: I nominate zgwortz for showing that even the "Garys" among us can turn their life araound - even if it means becoming a literal Dungeon Master. ;)
Exemplary: I nominate Siskiakirisis. Why? Well, I know why. And he does too. :ymsmug:

That's it from me.

*dodges tomatoes and hate-mails*
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

For some reason i was sure I'd posted here already.

F - I nominate DnE for Fun because whenever he posts an Anecdote I can't help but read, laugh, re-read, laugh again and repeat :).
R - I nominate Asaryu for Risque because...well...we all know the pictures and the posts.
A - I nominate Giz for Artistry because it's due to her art that we are all here.
N - I nominate DnE for Noms because his recipes make me drool...and dis descriptions of food make me drool. And even the random "so I made this horrifyingly delicious dish today" make me drool.
K - I nominate Don.There's just no competition.
I - This one is tough, because I find several members here to be quite inspiring for different reasons. My final nomination goes to Asaryu, because I just find her totally awesome from every possible way. Call me cheesy, but I wish I could be like her. (not sure if this came out more creepy than it actually is, though).
E - This was also a bit of a tie, but I nominate DnE, because he is an exemplary mod, I find him an exemplary person, and if I were around him I would so make him one of my daddy figures(why yes, i do have more) >.<
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

F- I nominate Bear for Fun because I've been enjoying these past few contests immensely.
R- I nominate zgwortz here. Just beats out Asaryu. Just.
A- This one goes to Gothpoet, for his Forumite Trading Cards (which he needs to start doing again :p )
N- Flat out easy one here for DnE. I mean, c'mon. You are a cruel, cruel man.
K- Don.
I- A bit of a bias here, but I do have to go with Asaryu for her experience and insight.
E- DnE for reasons already said and more.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Siskiakirisis

Post by Siskiakirisis »

F - Fun - Teach because I just enjoy her posts, they always seem to be sunny side up.
R - Risque - Asaryu (Nothing more needs to be said really)
A - Artistry - JVD for amusing Stop Motion
N - Noms - Teach for her amazing sweater puppies (does that count as noms? =p~ )
K - Kilo-post - Don (because of his ridiculous amount of posts)
I - Inspiring - DnE for doing giant posts and doing them well.
E - Exemplary - Don again because I can.
Cthulu fhtagn! Iä! Iä!

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

This was so difficult, I've put off making a list of this until today. Why? Because I want to nominate so many more people than I can. We have such a great group here, and I feel bad when I can't single out as many people as I'd like. Heck, it's not official but I still threw in my Honorable mention so I could include more people... but I still wanted to mention so many more! Just know that simply because you weren't brought up in these nominations, it doesn't mean that you aren't appreciated by this forum. We're a diverse group, but all of us keep coming back because there are so many great people that come around.

F - Fun: I nominate Tenjen. Who doesn't think that our impish lynx presses those boundaries just for the sake of getting us to smile? You're a fun guy, making us chuckle with you - even when sometimes you make yourself the butt of the joke.
Honorable mention: Platypus, sometimes you're the straight man of the boards, and sometimes you're just there with the well timed comment that makes us grin. Thanks for the smiles.

R - Risque: I nominate Zgwortz, for reasons that we all know and adore him for. :) Zgwortz to me is the statesman of safe and fun kink, who's willing to share with us his stories and helps direct those who are curious and interested.
Honorable mention: Asaryu, for not only similar content but also a very philosophical and educated approach to encourage discussion. Oh, if only we had Sex Ed teachers like you in school. ;)

A - Artistry: I nominate Java for her fantastic assorted creations! Creepy hats on cute girls with lollipops, squiddy bowls... such an interesting variety that's clearly fueled by a vivid imagination.
Honorable mention: GothPoet for his "Teenagers In Outer Space" creations of the forumites. :) That really shows attention to the many, many posts by each forumite to even single out those 'powers' you attribute to each of us. :)

N - Noms: I nominate Teach2B, for her wonderful cakes and other tasty noms that she's made for family (but shared with the rest of us.) Teach, you've made me want to lick my computer screen sometimes. =p~
Honorable mention: I have to hand this to Fen, who's descriptions of Eastern European food has me interested enough to actually get past my inherent dislike of sour cream. I can honestly say I would love to come to visit and collaborate on meals.

K - Kilo-post: I nominate Paul, for his kilo-post of vast epicness. I had to specifically put aside time just to read it in its entirety, and I wasn't disappointed at all.
Honorable mention: How can one bring up kilo-posts without the man who's done the most (and not simply quantity, but also quality), Don Alexander? The answer is simple - you can't. :)

I - Inspiring: I nominate JVDifferent. JVD, you've been with us for some time, and we've seen you share your life struggles openly with us even while you've grow more and more comfortable in your own skin. I can honestly say that your posts have made me really think many a time, and re-evaluate simple things that I've taken for granted.
Honorable mention: Otaku201 - you're the voice of dissension that makes people give pause, and I think it takes a very brave person to stick their neck out like that time and time again. I truly find that inspiring. :)

E - Exemplary: I nominate Don Alexander. You've befriended so many of us, contributed more than almost any two forumites put together on this board. You've also worked hard to befriend so many of us, and I think that effort is part of what's kept this forum as close knit as it has.
Honorable mention: Without Bear, this forum would never have grown to what it is today. He's kept order, which isn't always popular but everyone agrees is necessary. It's because of all the many hours that Bear puts in to this forum that we're allowed to have the fun that we do. And too many times, I think he's never given the credit that he's due. :ymapplause:
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

Okay, lets see if I can do this.

F - Fun: I'm nominating Tenjen. I've missed his crazy antics in the Cave lately, and he's not above laughing at himself.
Honourable Mentions: Bear for the contests and piggy races, Midgetshrimp and Azrael.

R - Risque: No one can top the dirty old man with the dirty old plan, and I certainly wouldn't pass the opportunity to bottom for one as experienced and considerate in his kinks as he is. Zgwortz, I choose you!
Honourable Mentions: Asaryu, and Lith/Morwen as a unit. Kinky little bunch.

A - Artistry: I could be a dickhead and vote for myself because I'm not going to be modest about it, I know I'm good at what I do :P. That's kind of poor form though, so I'm going to vote for Fen and her music. She lives and breathes the romantic Bohemian lifestyle, and that's totally art. I am jealous something fierce.
Honourable Mentions: Myself (I am not entirely without shame lol) and Java.

N - Noms: Who else could I nominate but Dirty and Evil? I want to eat at your restaurant. What? You don't have a restaurant? I DON'T CARE, I AM GOING TO EAT AT IT.
Honourable Mentions: LadySheDevil for TITTYCAKES, and GothPoet for the consistent updates on the delicious things he is nomming.

K - Kilopost: I nominate Bear for his massive fanfic that ultimately re-shaped the Elder Cave and marked an admirable return to form.
Honourable Mentions: Don for the sheer mind-boggling quantity of fanfics he has written, all of them quality too, and Paul for the epic tale of the Hermit, which demonstrated a significant effort to get to know even the less-frequent posters.

I - Inspiring: I am looking at you, Tentacoo Goddess. Asaryu, I've known you for a fairly long while, and have gotten to know a lot about you and your past over that time. You've had a lot of trouble and incredible hardships in your life thus far, and despite these you have grown to become a wonderful, caring, interesting and overall good person. I find that pretty inspiring, and I am proud to be someone you consider a close friend. Not to mention that you were a huge pillar of support for me during the multi-angle train wreck my last year was, which I am truly grateful for, even if I occasionally forget to clean up after myself when I'm in your place.
Honourable Mentions: Fen.

E - Exemplary: I am going to nominate Siskiakirisis. It takes a big man and an honourable display of maturity to admit fault in past douchebaggeries, apologize and ask for forgiveness when you simply could have buggered off and not cared. I hope the rest of the forum is just as understanding, if and when you let them know.
Honourable Mentions: Don, Dirty and Evil, and Bear.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

I'll try to do one of these up. I generally don't because I wind myself up into an epic dither of "Ya, buts" trying to choose. So short and...well short anyway: :p

F- Fun: I think Teacher2B makes this forum fun to be on and participate herein. Although there are many others, both still here and gone, that contribute as well. Don, JVD, Asaryu, Tenjen, DnE, MS, Xar, Rad, GP, CA, Ravenhull, even Bear when he isn't being a complete crank. :p All these and more make this a fun and interesting place to be.

R - Risque: I must go with zgwortz, although it was a close run thing with our lovely Tentacoo Goddess. And there are others who bring their own delightful slants on perviness to the board. Ravenhull, JVD, Tenjen, and CA among others.

A - Artistry: This one was rather difficult as we have several people here who are eminently qualified in many various ways. Java with her drawing and pottery, Fen with her music, GP with his CGI skills and TFOS cards, even DnE with his cooking could arguable work his way into this. But for her skills in drawing, drafting, sculpture, and video production I must nominate JVD for this category.

N - Noms: This one was stupidly easy. :p I can not think of anyone on the board who brings more to the table than DnE. Other bring good stuff but for sheer number of unfailingly quality dishes it must be DnE

K - Kilopost: This one was actually much harder than last year. There have been several very good candidates placed this year. Among them Paul's War and Peace-esque epic, Bear for not only his k-posts but the Piggy Grand Prix as well, Teacher2B for her delightful tales, as well as others. But again for utterly unerring qualitive magnitude DA must take the prize.

I - Inspiring: Asaryu pure and simple. For her ability to overcome, for her generousity in sharing, and more personally for her example and inspiring me to go out on a limb and take a chance.

E - Exemplary: For being an upstanding and admirable gentleman (despite his chosen moniker) and for his being a generally nice and careing individual I must nominate DnE for this category as well.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

zgwortz
D.O.M.

Post by zgwortz »

This has been a very difficult contest for me, because in some areas there are too many possibilities, and in others too few. But here goes anyway:

F - Fun: Too many choices to pick from here -- Azrael wins the tossoff (and promptly explodes from tossing around too much TNT... :D ).

R - Risque: This was a close one, but our SidewaysPlatypus gets the nod for her Risque picture recently. (Asaryu was in the running, but hasn't posted much in the way of... revealing... pictures lately. Hint, hint... :D As for those of you who nominated me -- thanks, but cute girls in revealing outfits trumps dirty old men any day... =p~ )

A - Artistry: I'll take this into the third dimension and nominate Java for very nice works. :-bd

N - Noms: A tough one with several good choices, but GothPoet gets the nod here for making me hungry (even though I'd just ate lunch) while reading the last year of posts in the Recipe Thread. (Although Teacher2B's cakes came very close...) (There needs to be a Nom smiley...)

K - Kilo-post: Oooh, another really tough one - because there have been some awesome kilo-posts in the last year. In the end, Paul gets this for his epic. I hope in another year or two when *I* finally get to 1000 posts, that I can do half as well... :D

I - Inspiring: Okay, this one *must* go to Asaryu and Midgetshrimp together, IMHO. For not only forming an online relationship, managing to travel *twice* to be together in less than a year despite living an insane distance apart, and... well... for Valentine's Day. :ymdevil: Even if that's the only thing that ever happens, the fact that it happened at all despite astronomical odds against it is a true inspiration to me and hopefully to others. :ymapplause:

E - Exemplary: Oh so many. But I think DnE deserves the nod here. Often the voice of maturity and reason. (How he got there from being Dirty n'Evil is beyond me... :D )
-->Steve
D.O.M.

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

Okay, my turn, I guess...at least I'll go next

F - Fun: I nominate all the regulars in the forum. Is it easier to say who ISN'T fun here? From satire to pure zaniness, I'd say everyone deserves this award, because everyone has made me laugh time and time again.

R - Risque: A tie between Zgwortz and Asaryu. If these two ever meet face to face, there will be a great disturbance in the force. :ymdevil:

A - Artistry: Among the forumites, JVD would get the nod with Fen as the honorable mention. But my nomination goes to Giz, because no one captures the inner emotions with facial expressions or provides constant fanservice like Giz does.

N - Noms: DnE has the lengthy track record, but Teach gets the nod for inspiring me to come up with the term Triple Devil Chocolate Cake for my fanfic. Speaking of...

K - Kilo-post: The names bandied about are mine, Bear and Don. Since people are including me into the discussion (thank you for thinking so much of my efforts) I feel this should be split three ways, according to the reasons we're being mentioned: I would get Newcomer of the Year, Bear wins Comeback of the Year and Don takes home the Lifetime Achievement Award. No, I'm not conceited.

I - Inspiring: JVD, hands down. No one else in this forum even compares when considering the vast changes and effects in my lifestyle she inspired when she sent me a simple invitation to an online game. :D

E - Exemplary: Giz. Without her meeting Dave in a comic store and deciding to create a new project with him that we all know and love as Ma3, would any of us even know each other?

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

FUN - Don Alexander. You are always there for a good joke and a tongue-in-cheek comment when I'm feeling down. You're one of the glues that holds the forum together and it wouldn't be the same without your ketchup balloons from the balcony.

RISQUE - Zgwortz. One day I'd love to start an adult sex education enterprise with you doing straight-forward, no-judgement sex-ed. You give common-sense advice and manage to talk of your own experiences without going into the realms of TMI.

ARTISTRY - JVDifferent. You're the only one I trust to design my tattoo. 'nuff said, really.

NOMS - Dirty n Evil. The food you cook is incredible to hear about. I wish I had your skills in the kitchen.

KILOPOST - Bear and Don Alexander. Bear for his piggy races and the massive shift in the cave-verse, and Don for the way he manages to channel his feelings into his stories...and for starting the tradition in the first place.

INSPIRING - Tenjen. You've been through a lot since you joined the forum, but you always come through. You care so much for the people around you, and I know you're always there to talk to if I need it. You're always the first to notice an absence and you try your hardest to make the people around you feel included and cared for. I wish I had your patience.

EXEMPLARY - Dirty n Evil. You are thoughtful, considerate and fair. You're everything a good mod should be, but more importantly you're also everything a good person should be as well.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

F - Fun - i nominate Bear, for his contests and pig races. and when he isnt a damn grouch :3 : p
R - Risque - i nominate LSD, if only she would provide visual examples of risqueness too, on the forum. <3
A - Artistry - JVD, for her graphical work and the dragon statue of her charector.
N - Noms - Swaya. I hope i am lucky enough to consume those delicious creations of yours <3
K - Kilo-post - Paul, pretty epic kilo post.
I - Inspiring - Asaryu. You have your flaws and doubts but you know how shit goes down and know whats what and do your best to stick to whats what.You of all i've met, have the least wool over your eyes and the most tintless glasses through which you view the world.
E - Exemplary - Fen. Your traveling soul, your experiences and stalin. You've been pretty active recently and theres been a change within you recently too. You are awesome.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

F - Fun: Can I nominate everybody? ..I can't? Darn :( Anyways, I nominate Tenjen because his posts almost always crack me up, and Az *beep beep!* :p

R - Risque: zgwortz. 'nuff said :p

A - Artistry: Java, for various things but especially the cute mouse :)

N - Noms: DNE, without a doubt :p My "good" cooking is probably on par with his "bad" cooking :))

K - Kilo-post: Don Alexander, for being light-years ahead of most of us in post count, and for my VERY OWN fanfic last year :x (yeah, I'm not biased at all :p) and Paul for the fic to beat all fics @-)

I - Inspiring: This one goes to Asaryu and midgetshrimp for obvious reasons :x

E - Exemplary: I nominate Don for doing his part in keeping this forum together (me included :ymhug: ) and DNE for being an overall great guy :)
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

F- Fun: I nominate... Me! Oh no, I can't do that... erm... I nominate Azrael. Our little anarc-terrorist manages to make me laugh with his attempts at getting one over on me.

R- Risque: Its a tossup between Asaryu and Zgwortz... I think Zgwortz just edges it this year.

A- Art: Java. Pretty much single handedly running the art thread herself. Nuff said.

N - Noms: DnE, best cook on the forums.. probably.

K - Kilopost: Sorry Don, its gonna go to Paul for his invention of my smiting cave :p

I - Inspiring: Jointly going to Asaryu and Midge, showing us that love conquers all distances.

E- Exemplorary: Don, for doing more then he should as our resident spammer and helping to keep the forums running up front with his comments on just about everything.

Java
Glazed and Confused

Post by Java »

After much procrastination and a lot less deliberation here, finally, is my list... with only a little explanation.

Fun: Teach2B!
Risque: ZGWorts
Arts: Giz -- her art gave me the inspiration to make the Angel-Zii fan-creation
Noms: LadySheDevil (booby cupcakes)
Kilo-Post: Don Alexander
Inspiring: Asaryu
Exemplary: Bear (for letting me do this so late :P)