Halloween Spooktacular Contests: Rules and Discussion.

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Bear
BANNED

Halloween Spooktacular Contests: Rules and Discussion.

Post by Bear »

Theres a slightly different set up for the contest this month as we're going to be running two with the same theme.

Before we start. Yes you can enter both contests!

As always keep all questions, comments, discussion etc about the contests here, in the discussion thread!

And now... I present to you....

The October Halloween Spooktacular Contests!

Contest One: Spooky Costumes.

This is simple. Dress yourself up in some spooky, or not so spooky, costume and enter your pictures of yourself into this contest.

You can dress yourself up any way you wish. Universal forum guidelines apply to enteries. NSFW costumes must be submitted under the proper tags. Any real gore or disturbing material will result in disqualification. We may have a teen 16+ rating, but this is a fun contest!

Maximum 3 pictures per entry, so make them good ones!

Contest Two: Scarey Stories.

Create a short scarey story, or recreate your favourite one. For this contest you can either write your own scarey short story, read a part of your favourite one, or one you've created, in a video or voice recording, or create a small comic strip of a spooky story.

Written stories no more then 2000 words long. Recorded stories, voice or video, no longer then 5 minutes in length. Comic strip a maximum of 9 panels. NSFW entries to be submitted with the appropriate tags. Please include a disclaimer at the start of your story if it includes any disturbing imagery.

Rules:

As stated, universal forum guidelines apply to the entries and their content. Entries that breach rules, but not serverely will be given a chance to be altered.

Entry period is from now, until the 1st of November. After which voting will start on the 2nd until the 5th.

Again YES you can enter both contests!

Please post entries in the appropriate labeled threads.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Re: Halloween Spooktacular Contests: Rules and Discussion.

Post by Dirty n Evil »

While I know it's highly unorthodox, perhaps... just perhaps... we should consider delaying the entry period for the costume deadline to the 31st? The reason I suggest for this is that I suspect some forumites might not have a chance to put in all the work for their costume more than once, especially if makeup is involved. While I know this will cause some bleed over in the voting period into next month, I think it might help participation. What's everyone else's thoughts on this matter?
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I think it's a nice idea!

Though I do not really care from my side, as we don't really have a Halloween tradition here, and I will probably just be attending a concert on said day.

I have some rough ideas what I might do for the photo contest... We'll see!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Well if we get enough requests to, I will.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Request +1. Trying to get some things squared away. I might have a really cool entry, depending.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Engy

Post by Engy »

Yes, I agree on the thing of extending it to the 31th, solely on the fact that it is Halloween on that day and would be much more fitting.

Also, the new story writing contest is driving me nuts. I have already scrapped 12 ideas, started on 4 different stories, left it uncompleted because the idea is lousy and I got currently a finished story... That I scrapped too cause it lacks horror...
Blargh... I hate my perfectionist side...
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

okay.. 1 more request and i'll be lazy enough to change it :P

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Count me in, I just might get some cool shots from the concert ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Bah.. Lazy mod likes being lazy.... :p

Engy

Post by Engy »

We live to keep the mods healthy and trained. Why do you think I chase Teach down so often with a wrench?
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Ah, is that what you kids are calling it these days? :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I've never been a particular fan of the horror genre...but there's a kids story that I have at home that's lots of fun and kind of fucked up.

I think I'll do Mister Beelzy. :ymdevil:
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Undisclosed

Post by Undisclosed »

Ooo sweet! I can show off my mad writing skills! I can use this description I made for an art entry awhile back as the story,just gotta rework it abit.Not sure if it would be spooky spooky but it would at least fit the theme.Now what kind of crappy costume can I put together for the other contest...
ImageThis signature is very pointless for you to be looking at.Image

Recca
Hokage Ninja

Post by Recca »

I don't think there's much bad in mine but if you think so let me know and I'll put a disclaimer there.

Recca
Hokage Ninja

Post by Recca »

Thanks~ :)