Halloween Spooktacular Contests: Rules and Discussion.

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Re: Halloween Spooktacular Contests: Rules and Discussion.

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

thanks! :) your entry amused me, especially because of my fiance's costume :)) also, what does your shirt mean?
Don Alexander wrote: Since you don't see the possibility to vote yet, you are totally on time. ;)
Oh good....I saw "Nov. 2" and my first thought was :((
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Oh, my shirt... ;))

Okay... A bit of explanation needed.

One of the styles of metal I listen to, black metal, often features musicians who paint their faces on stage with usually symmetrical black & white make-up. It was kind of pioneered by Kiss, whom probably most people know, but black metal "corpse paint" is usually fiercer in nature, just like the music.

Now, a lot of people think this is pretty ridiculous, even if they happen to like the music. While I think it's cool, even I like to make fun of it. But I never take myself seriously anyway. So... Since the B&W face paint kind of resembles the facial fur of a panda bear, in Germany (at least), black metal artists with corpse paint are called "Pandafressen", which translates to something like "Panda mug". Or just Pandas.

The T-shirt started as an unsolicited cartoon sent to the metal magazine I read. It was very well received, and somewhow actually turned into a T-shirt you could order. I just had to have it! =))

It features Abbath from Immortal, and a panda. And the Panda looks upon the Panda Mug and says "Daddy!" And Abbath is all evil and answers "Piss off!"

:))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Pinkachu wrote:I hope this doesn't count as impersonating a mod. :C!

:-o
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Pinkachu
Bear-Mod Impersonator

Post by Pinkachu »

I lol'd but I swear I'm not the pedo variety of bear. X:

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

@SP: you can change the timezone that the forum appears in through the settings...it sounds like you've got a settings issue more than anything.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Well I'll give people a few more hours to enter before putting up the vote since we still had a few promised that haven't turned up yet.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Couldnt get my suit together for Wolfwood.

iam switching to Sean Connery's charector...Zed!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Pinkachu wrote:I lol'd but I swear I'm not the pedo variety of bear. X:
Did a really thin dude with a guy fawkes mask held on his face with string accidently shoot you?
ImageImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:Well I'll give people a few more hours to enter before putting up the vote since we still had a few promised that haven't turned up yet.
Guess Sarah will not be able to enter then. :(

I asked her several times last night (her time) but she just ignored me... :|
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

Tenjen wrote:Couldnt get my suit together for Wolfwood.

iam switching to Sean Connery's charector...Zed!
The Gun is good! Penis is evil!
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Damnit. My dads taking to for late evening church mass. This is going to delay my costume shots even further : \
ImageImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

If i had more time, i would have done the clasps better : \

hard to keep it in place and use the wired mouse
ImageImageImage

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

My eyes!...

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

*Checks rules for reason to disqualify Tenjen for illegal use of not putting up a 'mindbleach needed' warning.*

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

MY BRAIN HURTS :|
ImageImage