CNC Discussion thread.

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Vote Off! Who's contest will be the winner?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:12 pm

Dirty n Evil
64%
Radbaron
36%

Total votes: 14

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: CNC Discussion thread.

Post by Don Alexander »

Hehe, this is a swell idea!! The meta-ness appeases the metaphysicist in me! ;)

Also, takes a lot off bear's hands.

I think I have an idea... It might not be the best one, and it is possible it is not even original. I seem to recall some musings on something similar a while ago. Hope no one kicks me in the nuts for it. For being faster... :ymdevil:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

We work by the rule of 'I got their first... HAH!' :ymdevil:

This contest also gives me time to plot future contests further in advance and when they'll occur...

Like when to have the earlier Cutest Forumite contest... the ones I'm plotting for november in its place... and others...

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Also.. most popular contest for a while so far! Can we get back to the epic days of 15 people in a poll? :ympray:

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Yes, this is great!!! :-bd

I think one of the alluring things about is that if you have a good idea, you can write it down in a minute - voilá!!! No huge amounts of pics needed, no deep brainstorming...

The modalities of the voting will be interesting. Because it would make sense that people do not so much vote for the contest they think is the coolest one - but for the one where they think they have the greatest chances of winning!!! :-?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Either way, it gives me more of an idea what kind of contests people want to see, and inspiration for other contests for the 'Day' ones, or incase we decide to replace some of the established ones with other that will get more enteries.

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

I have to admit, I'm quite proud of this one. :3 I'm glad Bear ran with it. I'm loving the entries thus far! Don, your brilliance knows no bounds! :D
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

So... :-? LSD invented the contest for inventing a contest?? :-o The mind... it bugles!!!

Not bad for someone who wanted to leave us a few days ago. ;)

And... tankoo! You are making me :ymblushing: tonight.
ImageImage

MarkMoriquendi

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

I reckon, in order to keep things fresh, Bear should run a bi-monthly create a contest. So every other month people pitch ideas and the forum vote for what they want. One rule, no posting the same idea for at least 3 cnc's (or something)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

We've got some already established and popular contests though, so hopefully we won't need to do that for a while.

MarkMoriquendi

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

Ah. Didn't realise. Sorry
/noob

zgwortz
D.O.M.

Post by zgwortz »

Hmmn... So many choices - should I suggest the Kinkiest Forumite contest? Or maybe the Who Can Grovel The Best Explaining Why They Deserve To Win contest? Or even the Forumite Most Deserving An Award Who Hasn't Got One Yet contest? The Ultra Extreme Mind-Bleach-Inducing OMG Waaaaaaaaay TMI contest? How about the Least Likely Silly Contest Idea Contest?

I can see I'm going to have to think about this one... ;)
-->Steve
D.O.M.

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

...kinkiest forumite?

oi... thats going to be a bloodbath
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Naaa, zgwortz justs wants an automatic win.
ImageImage

zgwortz
D.O.M.

Post by zgwortz »

Not so much the automatic win -- but the entertainment value would be huge. :p
-->Steve
D.O.M.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

There should be a Send Bear Money contest... Or the Mod-Bribary Contest... :ymdevil: