Mad March Nom-Off! : Discussion Thread.

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Bear
BANNED

Mad March Nom-Off! : Discussion Thread.

Post by Bear »

Okay, here we have the discussion thread for the current contest. Please place all questions, comments etc in here. Thankyou :p

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Mad March Nom-Off! : Discussion Thread.

Post by Don Alexander »

I can't cook worth shite. I'll have to pass up on this contest. :(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Make a bacon sandwich ala Don. You'll get Frankies vote at the very least. ;)

And don't worry... we'll have a random and sudden Glasses Day type contest appearing eventually this month :p

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

The name is probably going to irk Phoenix. If I remember correctly, the direct quote of Phoenix' was something like...
Nom? Nom. I hate the word, as I hate Hell, all Montagues, and thee.
Last edited by Pneumonica on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Further affiant sayeth not.

1ocksmyth3

Post by 1ocksmyth3 »

Are microwave dinners acceptable entries? :D 'Cause anything else and I'll have to go find my old cook books.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, looking at the longer post in the other thread, it seems that even microwave dinners are allowed, as long as you write down the instructions of how to microwave them. :P Though you can bet you won't get too many votes for them... ;)

Teach, what has your modhood have to do with not entering contests? You should be the first to state that taking part in contests is not about the winning. Of course, you, like me, already have a "shiny name and title", so you won't win (or, let's say, won't get the prize) - but that doesn't matter. It's a contest you are very well suited for, I'd say, and we will all be happy to see more Teach pics! And that goes for other contests as well. It's for the fun. :ymhug:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

*bounces up and down with much excitement and flailing of limbs*

OMGYAY! I don't even know where to begin... :x

I do have a question though. Is there a limit to the pictures we post, like in various other contests we've had? I ask because I might actually be able to get step-by-step photos, depending on when and where I create my dish.
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

*holds hands to head*

"I predict..."

That this contest will give LSD her shiny title! :P

I am so looking forward to your entry!!

(Many other great cooks, like Teach and DnE, can't win anymore...)

Yeah, actually, I was also wondering if we can, as long as they are not too big, post multiple pics with steps and stuff.
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

ARRRRGH! b-( :ymtongue: My nemesis returns. Damn you picture requirement. Curses, foiled again. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

You could, like, dare to post one!! ;)

Or maybe we'll believe you if you only show your arms and a little note saying: It's me!! *beep beep*
ImageImage

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

seeing how I very rarely use recipies its unlikely that I will enter, but if I do make something extra tasty and remember how I made it and have a camera handy, I might :p
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I probably should restrict picture limits so that lazy people, or those that don't like taking pictures aren't overwhelmed by the pic deluge...

I suppose though that appart from the main finished result image, ones of the main making stages will be allowed... Try to keep it less then 10 though, and all but the main result one behind links please :p

And for those that can't cook... enter anyway! Make it humerous, or containing the obligatory ingrediant of Bacon, and it may get a vote ;)

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

questions:)
1. just one thing or can we make a whole meal=)?
2. Does having hot people eat the food/cooking while dressed sexy count as bribery?
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, I'd say...

1.) Why not a whole meal?
2.) Yes, and it will be very appreciated. :D
ImageImage

Doctor Emmit Brown

Post by Doctor Emmit Brown »

Bork bork bork!

Hmmm, I might have to actually make crap (hamburger casserole family recipe) for this contest. The only problem is that it doesn't look very appetizing, even though it tastes great. I remember the first time I had it I refused to eat it for over an hour before I finally got hungry enough to taste it. I've loved it ever since.
"Thanks, Dad! The toy every kid wants, a container ship! Now I can replicate international commerce." - Adam Savage

Minion (and sexual slave) of Asaryu.