The Frankie Awards! Nominations.

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Bear
BANNED

The Frankie Awards! Nominations.

Post by Bear »

The time has come to make your nominations for those of us that are deserving of a Frankie Award, our communities forumite based awards show. This isn't your typical contest, but its still a contest!

Its quite simple, for each of the catagories you nominate a forumite, or other forum or Ma3 related person/persona/item/event, then after the voting for the winner of each catagory, the forumite who nominated the most correct winners of each catagory will be the winner, and recive the obligatory name colour and title rank.

So what are the catagories?

F - Fun
R - Risque
A - Artistry
N - Noms
K - Kilo-post
I - Inspiring
E - Exemplary

And what do they stand for? Anything you want them to! You nominate, and you explain why you've nominated who or what you have for each catagory. The catagories mean what they mean to you and what you want them to mean.

Nominating will run for 5 days until Midnight on Saturday the 21st, after which we'll start with the voting.

Get nominating!

Please keep this thread for nominations only and use the format of:-

F - Fun : I nominate (Insert name here) for Fun because...
R - Risque : I nominate (Insert name here) for Risque because...

And so on.

Ithilion

Re: The Frankie Awards! Nominations.

Post by Ithilion »

alright... lets give this a shot after i clarify two things... I do not agree with "Noms" as a category.. .and i assume that "Exemplorary" is the Dubya version of "Exemplary"

Edit by Bear: That was a deliberate mistake to make sure people actually read these things :P

F: I nominate Alisonchan, cause even when she's down she brings a smile to our face
R: I nominate Asaryu, cause... wait, do i really have to give a reason here?
A: I nominate JVDifferent, cause she has mad drawing skills
N: I nominate Teacher2B, cause... well, i don't remember anyone else having anything to do with food
K: I nominate Don Alexander, cause of his McLovecraft's fanfic
I: I nominate Tenjen, cause he started the Confessions thread, which lead to us knowing each other better
E: I nominate Asaryu, cause she is pretty much the only person deserving it

* Dirty n Evil would normally be nominated for Exemplary, but he is a mod and mods are supposed to be exemplary
Last edited by Ithilion on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

Morwen

Post by Morwen »

what he said, with one slight change

E: I nominate Ithilion, cause he is holding me back, thus saving us all a lot of pain :P
Shadow Apprentice and proud member of the Dream Team
ignorance is bliss? ...no, its just annoying

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

F - Fun: DA. He's the best forumite by far!
R - Risque: Tenjen. His comments make me cringe very often.
A - Artistry: Alisonchan. Her art is just sick.
N - Noms: Abstain - I not only don't understand what this is, but the 'word' sounds stupid.
K - Kilo-post: DA. Do i really need a reason?
I - Inspiring: Alisonchan. She's still smiling.
E - Exemplary: Lolli - Always so polite, so friendly, and so entertaining.

Alisonchan
Cuddle Piglet

Post by Alisonchan »

F - Fun: Cyanide. I nominate her for this, because she is always up to some hijinks that make me laugh. When she's in the Elder Cave, I know to watch my head and keep an eye out of ketchup ballons or rotten tomatoes.
R - Risque: Tenjen. I nominate Tenjen for the most risque, because I gave a lot of thought to what Phoenix said. Tenjen has the constant TMI factor, and you know you just wont get those kind of "gems" from anyone else. Tenjen's brutal ablity to cross the line is unmatched.
A - Artistry: I haven't looked back at all the art on here. I nominate who ever came up with the idea of Frankie, because that is pure art in and of itself.
N - Noms: Frankie. Frankie noms or tries to nom everything. I don't know if I can nominate him, but really, Frankie. He and the Kodiak guard are always trying to eat me, as well as the Noobs, and even our pets.
K - Kilo-post: I haven't read back into all the kilo-post fanfics, but I nominate Asaryu, on the basis of the kindest thing anyone's done for me. Asaryu wrote a special fanfic that lifted my spirit and helped heal my heart during a very hard time I was going through.
I - Inspiring: I nominate Thaldin for most inspiring, because we can always count on him to be about the forum somewhere. Even through all his ups and downs, he brings us stablity and offers us cute pictures of his puppy. Thaldin is our "rock".
E - Exemplary: DnE is my nomination for most exemplary forumite. He's always there to help, and make us laugh. He puts himself at risk of being totally ostracised and embarrassed just to lighten our mood, and bring us together. During the discussions over whether we could talk about religion or politics anymore, he showed strong character, and good judgement, as well as a fair and balanced view.
"Class A Pet, Most Well Intentioned Fair Milkmaiden"
ImageImageImage

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

F - Fun: Alisonchan. No matter what silly thing you do, Alisonchan can always be guaranteed to pick it up and run with it, and most times is in the middle of it as well.
Special mentions for Cyanide_Sweet, Don Alexander and DnE.

R - Risque:
Zgwortz. Even the small snippets of information he's given us have opened my eyes. I understand his desire for privacy and a little separation in his worlds, but Gods I want to know more. And the art of being risque is making people want to know more, not less. ;)
Special mentions for Alisonchan, Ithilion (and his harem), Midgetshrimp (for the way his cutest forumite pics made me feel :ymblushing: ), DnE (for having the balls to follow suit with a pillow-pic of his own) and Sway.

A - Artistry: Alisonchan. Her Cave Door and her pics with top hats were both awesome in different ways.
Special Mentions for JV & DnE (the cardboard robot sequence still makes me giggle sometimes).

N - Noms: LSD. For her Chocolate-Chip Baileys Cookie Explosion. 'Nuff said.
Special Mentions for T2B and her industrious rationing of various tasty treats, The bacon-candies and whoever filled the bubblibaff with jell-o.

K - Kilo-post: Don. For his wonderful fanfics, and for starting the trend as yet another thing that makes the forum less a discussion board and more of a community.

I - Inspiring: Alisonchan. I think we all know why.
Special Mentions for Tenjen and T2b

E - Exemplary: Ithilion. Every now and again, I hear little snippets about how he's keeping in contact with people, making sure people are okay. He does it on the board, but he goes that extra step because he genuinely cares about us, and he goes out of his way to show it.
Special Mentions for DnE and Retarius.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

F - Fun: Don Alexander- For being made of awesome! :ymhug:
R - Risque: Asaryu- I know I'm following the trend for commenting on the pillow picture but I just HAD to :P
A - Artistry: Alisonchan- her pictures are beautiful!
N - Noms: LSD- I am fairly certainly she can add baileys to anything, and make it sound delicious.
K - Kilo-post: Dirty n Evil- His was my favourite...it was EPIC :)
I - Inspiring: Thaldin- He seems to always be cheerful and friendly to everyone on the board, even though he's going through some hard times.
E - Exemplary: Teacher2B- For being nice and sweet to everyone... like a mum to all of us! :-*

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

F: Alison. No matter what mood you're in you can't not smile when she's around and posting.
R: DnE. Wins by way of pillow size:body size ratio. :p
A: Alison. Everything she draws is made of awesome win. From the truly artistic moon poodles and bear doors to the cute and silly edited photos with tophats and monocles (and hello kitties). This one is kind of hard though, because we have so many awesome artists that hang around here.
N: T2B. The only one close is Tenjen, with his creamy strawberries. But T2B wins this one, no doubt.
K: DA. If not by sheer volume, then by utter creativity and skill of wordcraft. Always waiting for the next one, which never takes to long to reach. :D
I: Alison. She takes a lot of shit and astounds us with how well she deals with it. We laugh and cry with her because she has made us feel so close to her.
E: DnE. He's the big brother of the forum, a position I highly respect. He treats us all with respect and takes most things with an even keel. And he kind of reminds me of myself, but I won't vote for myself. :p
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I have to admit I'm a bit surprised at being nominated for... anything, but thank you all who mentioned me. You're a great bunch. And with that, here are my nominations.

F - Fun: I nominate Asaryu. She's so often the center of goofiness in the Elder Cave for good reason. :D

R - Risque: I nominate Tenjen. Wow, I know more about my pal than I ever needed. ;)

A - Artistry: I nominate Alisonchan... she's awesome in talent, and truly deserving of this category. :)

N - Noms: I nominate Teacher2B. Some truly delicious foods suggested by her in the Recipe thread. =p~

K - Kilo-post: I nominate Don Alexander. Not simply because of quantity, but also the quality of his fanfics. :ymapplause:

I - Inspiring: I nominate LadySexyDevil. Even when I goof up her name in a fanfic, she's just a good all around fun gal. :ymblushing:

E - Exemplary: I nominate Teacher2B. While she does sometimes show the dark side of the hugs, no one has been as consistantly warm and caring about everyone in the forums as T2B. I'm personally happy that I've had a chance to speak to her a bit more one-on-one, and think she's a great lady. :ymhug:
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Hehe, i didnt know my TMI-ness was so..extensive. : D Strangely enough i have been trying to be less TMI since the start of the year. Fail horribly though but iam not as TMI as i used to be [maybe because iam running out of stuff to say].

F - For DNE, for his wonderful anecdotes.
R - For Asaryu. and not only because of pillow pic. Like she said, Each time she has us wanting more.
A - For JVD, thats some slick shit.
N - For Nutella! But as for a person. Teacher has posted some very interesting noms.
K - For Alison, whose party post was loads of fun.
I - For Asaryu with Alison just about equal. They're going through and have gone through a lot and are still ticking strong. May alison find her own lovely life cycle situation soon.
E - For teacher. She is the great mother bear matriarch of our family.

edit : thought it through better.
Last edited by Tenjen on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

:-o I has nom-inations? Hehe. SWEET.
Also... DnE... Not sure if you did that intentionally or if it was another slip, but... :ymblushing: :-* I wubs you. ^_^

Oh, deary me... This is gonna be tough. I'll attempt to avoid nominating the same person for multiple categories... :-ss

Fun: Cyanide_Sweet, for being utterly goofy and making me giggle with her HOOGS and whatnot. :x
Risque: Zgwortz. I think we all know why. (Asaryu said it best.)
Artistry: JVDifferent. I wish to see her wicked creations in future video games and kick their asses. :D
Noms: Sideways_Platypus. Two words: Cthulhu Fries. (Nigh-tie with Teach for this one... I love my kitchenmate too! :ymhug: )
Kilo-post: Don Alexander, because his fics are always so memorable, whether they're silly or melancholy... Or there's just so damn many of 'em that I don't recall others that well... :))
Inspiring: Alisonchan, I think we can all agree that she's all kinds of amazing. There just aren't words.
Exemplary: Asaryu, she's wonderful to have around here, intelligent, witty, and an all-around amazing forumite.
Last edited by LadySheDevil on Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

LadySheDevil wrote:Also... DnE... Not sure if you did that intentionally or if it was another slip, but... I wubs you. ^_^
#-o :)) Wow, it WAS another slip up... geez, I keep doing that. That's funny. :ymblushing:
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Whew, this is actually getting kind of hard, seeing that just about everyone has already nominated the people I would nominate as well... So, in trying to be original, I will probably turn to 0 my chances of winning this weird contest (not that I can win anything, anyway...), but here goes. (Note: A lot of people who have made nominations already have colored names. This pretty much means that the actuall winner might only be in 3rd or 4th place... We need more new people to play in these contests!)

F - Fun: Cyanide_Sweet, with whom I have had more fun chatting in the last one-and-a-half-months than with just about anyone in my entire life.
Special mention:
Alisonchan, for ultra-zany Elder Cave thingies, especially "ENH!!!"
Asaryu: For instigating the BubblieBaff and many other smexy cave parties

R - Risque: Alisonchan, for going in pictures where no one has gone before
Special mention:
Asaryu, for making some smoking hot posts... :ymblushing:
zgwortz, for being a dirty old man who nonetheless is extremely kind and sane

A - Artistry: Dryope, who created totally awesome Elder Cave portraits - we miss you! :((
Special mention:
Alisonchan: For her mega-Cave project, which is far from finished though
JVD: For coming up with almost the same dragon as myself ;)

N - Noms: LadySheDevil, for Elder Cave obescification + inebriation
Special mention:
Teacher2B, for gateaux extraordinnaire
SidewaysPlatypus, for the Cthulhu Fries that started it all

K - Kilo-Post: Mythiene, who has not even written hers yet, but I know it will be awesome!
Special mention:
Dirty n Evil, for making me feel like a kid again
Phoenix, for a really rousing story

I - Inspiring: Asaryu, who twice wrote posts that touched me so deeply I cried.
Special mention:
Alisonchan, for keeping her head high amidst a life gone awry.
Cyanide_Sweet, who is the most forgiving and angelic person I've ever met.

Exemplary: Midgetshrimp, who did not nominate himself :P , for making the first serious confession and really kicking off that cathartic thread.
Special mention:
Asaryu, for showing the world that adversity can make a beautiful flower
Mythiene, more than any other "young ones", for showing that today's youth is not completely lost to 1337speak and stupidity
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Mythiene

Post by Mythiene »

... Don, I was very flattered by the nomination, but I must inquire as to your line of reasoning. If you are (so far) the only one who has even heard about my Kilopost Fic, let alone read it, how will I get any votes? :-\
“They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night...” — Edgar Allan Poe

Morwen

Post by Morwen »

what Myth said
Shadow Apprentice and proud member of the Dream Team
ignorance is bliss? ...no, its just annoying