Anniversary Fan-Thing Contest Discussion Thread

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Re: Anniversary Fan-Thing Contest Discussion Thread

Post by midgetshrimp »

Voting is open! Get your votes in now! Voting will be open until the end of the month.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Man, this one was hard. Without saying anything about what I voted for, I'd like to say, that I just noticed the Layla+Kade on Raamyah's tree. Nice touch. :-bd
The iceman cometh

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

Voted and voted. To all who entered, I say: Good job! :ymapplause:
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Absolutely awesome job, Raamyah!! :-bd :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Thanks, Don! While looking at my entry yesterday, I realized I forgot something important, but will wait until voting is over to fix it.

I feel kind of dumb for not putting it in, even though it was on the sketch.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Hellllloooo-ho!!! :-H

It's already the second of June here, I say...

CONGRATULATIONS RAAMYAH!!!! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

You get a shiny color for your name and a title! Please remember that bright green is reserved for the mods, and red is Giz herself.

Also conga rats to Gil for a great second place, and thanks to all who joined in! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :-bd
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Thank you to all who voted!

Gil, you did an awesome job. I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future.

Cool! I get a color! Don't know which one I'll choose yet, but do I choose my own title, or is one bestowed upon me?

Thanks again!
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

You may choose your own title, but keep it reasonably short. ;)

Also, if possible, send the color in hex code, so we don't have to go look for an approximation.
ImageImage

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Thanks! I'll send it to you via PM when I make a decision. No bright green, and no red. I think I'll eschew the ice blue for Iceman, so that eliminates a few choices.

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Very well done, Raamyah, getting yourself more than half of the votes.
The iceman cometh

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I missed the entire thing. I feel bad :(
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Don't do that... There's always the next one.
The iceman cometh

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Congratulations Raamyah. :D :ymapplause: :ymparty:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Thanks, Iceman & Azrael. :)

You know, I didn't even think of black for my name. I could choose the color of the background so it'll be invisible at all times, but that'd be ridiculous.

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Nah... the background colour varies slightly, so that wouldn't really work... :-s
The iceman cometh