Contest: The Cutest Forumite!

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Bear
BANNED

Contest: The Cutest Forumite!

Post by Bear »

And now... drumroll please... >>*insert drumroll here*<< Presented to you by Bearinc. Sponsored by the Elder Cave, I give to you...

The First Hopefully Annual, Cutest Forumite Contest!

Thats right, due to the proliferation of cute on the forums we're having a contest to see who's the cutest of them all! Both Males and Females and undecideds accepted, all ages and races accepted, and even if your not cute you can enter!

Hows it going to work? I have no idea!

Just kidding...

We'll have three rounds... Looks, Funness and Bribary. Looks is easy, just submit a cute picture of you in your application. Funness is submit something involving you that entertaining, be it another amusing pic, annocdote, fun poem or song or similar. And Bribary... thats exactly what it says on the tin. Bribe the judges! Points awarded for creative bribery, points off for anything uncreative such as simply 'The cheque is in the mail'. Finally we have the Plea Bargin, or 'Why I deserve to be the cute forumite...'. This is simply a short passage, no more then 250 words as to why you deserve the title... and Crown...

Submit your enteries in the following format :-

Name:
Looks Entery:
Funness Entery:
Bribary Entery:
Plea Bargin / Why I deserve to be the cutest forumite.

Edit: Due to popular begging... the closing date it now Tuesday the 25th. Voting will take place until Sunday the 30th, and we'll announce the winner on the 1st of December.

Prizes will be arranged for the winners ;) . Namely, a spangely new colour for your name, and a shiney forum ranking to show your the cutest of us all.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: The Cutest Forumite!

Post by Don Alexander »

Hmmmm...

I can understand the principle, in some sense.

After all, if everyone just submitted their own take on the cutest forumite (which in most cases would not be themselves), this might quickly lead to repercussions and I don't know what else. Meself, I've ofttimes wanted to greatly laud certain people, but shouting "YOU'RE THE CUTEST/COOLEST/FUNNIEST USER HERE!!!" just lets everyone know that you think everyone else is less funny, cute and cool.

Having people actually submit themselves solves that problem. Anyone who thinks they aren't cute won't submit (and neither will they be voted for), and the submission will probably be voted on in an anonymous poll...

On the other hand, this method also has problems. Like, what if my fave cute forumite decides not to submit an application? Or if said application is much less cute and funny than what this forumite produced "in the wild". Problems, problems...

I hope someone submits!! Or maybe it's rigged. No one will, then bear submits exclusively, and we can't not vote for him...

And why do I have the feeling that the Grand Prize will be a chain running from throne to plinth?? :twisted:

Also, we know Frankie will win... :roll:

But I'll shut up now. Already feel like I'm thread-jacking, even though I'm fully on topic, it's just not an application.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Frankie? Who's Frankie? *looks about* And just because my name is already engraved onto the cup doesn't mean I'm going to cheat....

And hence why we have the Funness and downright bribary enteries so that even people who don't think themselves cute can enter and win the title.

And I'm just the organiser and one of the judges. I don't need to think these things through before running a forum contest.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

You made my birthday a deadline. :evil: Make it another week from that. By then I should have a camera. Those are my requests. Meet them, or acquaint yourself... with the consequences :twisted:
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Hey.. I'm an unbribable judge... I don't do deadline changing. lol. At least without bacon...

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

There's bacon in the Bard's Corner. That is my bribe to you. I can throw in a paw massage (my dad is a twice-licensed masseur, it would be very nice indeed) but I have to see results. I ask for but one week, but for one week is all I ask. Grant me this pittance. The consequences... well, let me just say they include pure molten Swiss chocolate and a lot of cocoa craving lovelies. You have been warned.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Are those the consequences for not shifting the deadline by a week?? :o
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Aren

Post by Aren »

Totally not tossing my hat into this ring.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

[duel weilds bladed missile launcher nun chucks]

Let us battle!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Don Alexander wrote:Are those the consequences for not shifting the deadline by a week?? :o
Indeed it is. Though conditions are subject to change if he's sick enough to enjoy such torturous death. :mrgreen:

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Bah all you spoilsports for tying to ruin an otherwise fun idea.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

:P

NobodySpecial

Post by NobodySpecial »

Prizes will be arranged for the winners
This is mod speak for 'The cheque is in the mail.' :lol:
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll

"If love is the answer, you're home."

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Can we not nominate?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I think I'll just have to consign this idea to the scrap heap.... thats it... no Christmas for all of you!