Namesake

Moderators: Antares, Meg, IsabelleofOz

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: Ask Isa and Meg stuff

Post by Azrael »

Happy B-Day, Meg. :D :ymparty:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Aquabelle

Post by Aquabelle »

Isa and Meg,

Love the comic--unique and very well delivered in both writing and art. From my understanding, you guys have at least two volumes sold from kick starters so far, but nothing currently being sold. My question is, how many books do you anticipate making?

I ask because I'm a fan of "finished" vice "ongoing" comics. I think I may have came to your comic through Red String, and after many years (ten I think) she has finally come to the end...yay! With two omnibus' I'm definitely interested in purchasing because I know I have a complete story. Do you guys have a plan for a certain number of books? I feel like the comic is significantly well though out, I assume it must be scripted to the end, and I would be interesting in buying a complete story.

Thanks!

tineda

Post by tineda »

Is there anyway we could ask you guys about your methods of getting the comic done? Like writing/art tips? I'm especially curious how you do all the different shades of gray, but still evoke color in my mind, which really sets off the actual color you use to great effect. I think I'll hit up your FB page too. :-bd

IsabelleofOz

Post by IsabelleofOz »

Moonshade wrote:What's the criteria for a story getting a Namesake?

My personal theory is that it involves travel between worlds, the way Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and The Wizard of Oz all do. But who's to say that Snow White and Red Riding Hood aren't hanging out somewhere too?
The "world-switching" isn't mandatory. I think what matters is that the story has change or some form of travel in it in it, since a writer could interpret a trip to another world as a stroll in a mysterious forest. Don't forget that the written tales are a writer's interpretation of events and may not be accurate :)

IsabelleofOz

Post by IsabelleofOz »

Aquabelle wrote:Isa and Meg,

Love the comic--unique and very well delivered in both writing and art. From my understanding, you guys have at least two volumes sold from kick starters so far, but nothing currently being sold. My question is, how many books do you anticipate making?

I ask because I'm a fan of "finished" vice "ongoing" comics. I think I may have came to your comic through Red String, and after many years (ten I think) she has finally come to the end...yay! With two omnibus' I'm definitely interested in purchasing because I know I have a complete story. Do you guys have a plan for a certain number of books? I feel like the comic is significantly well though out, I assume it must be scripted to the end, and I would be interesting in buying a complete story.

Thanks!
Despite the story being rather well planned, we aren't too sure how long it's going to take to get there. The events are planned, but several pages are dedicated to character evolution too. Meg and I often theorize that it's going to be around 10-12. Ish. 1/4th of the story is done.

IsabelleofOz

Post by IsabelleofOz »

tineda wrote:Is there anyway we could ask you guys about your methods of getting the comic done? Like writing/art tips? I'm especially curious how you do all the different shades of gray, but still evoke color in my mind, which really sets off the actual color you use to great effect. I think I'll hit up your FB page too. :-bd
Hahaha now that I have a camera, I can always make a tutorial :)

Calamity

Post by Calamity »

Hey there~
Welp, this is probably a silly question, but let's get this done.
In "A slight disturbance", Ina says there are more than one Vorpal Blades. In the cover for the Prologue, Alice has a (enormous and possible impossible for a girl like her to wield) sword. My question is: Is that sword a Vorpal Blade too? Or it is simply there for art's sake?

Also, is there a date set for the next (If there is going to be one) kickstarter?

Mell

Post by Mell »

Hi, guys! I love your comic - it's the most interesting one I've seen in a while.
I tried to order your books but I don't know if I made it. Is there a way to see if my order got through?
And when do you start shipping?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Happy Comic Anniversary, Isa and Meg. :D :ymparty:

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

JSophie

Post by JSophie »

Hello Isa and Meg
I really want to buy your 2 books. However, the shipping to Canada is estimated to be 20$ - which is very high in my opinion.
I noticed Isabelle is from Montreal - I live near Montreal, is there any way to arrange something with less expensive shipping?
Sorry I am posting this on the forum, I would have prefer to write an email but I didn't find any on the website...

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Well, if you look at the right side column, under the "Where to find Meg / Where to find Isa" headers the first icon gives an e-mail address for them. You may try there. :)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Happy B-Day, Meg. :D :ymparty:

kupo

Post by kupo »

I making assumptions here but I think you guys like to read due to the accurate portrayals of the stories you use, but I have a book recommendation for you. Have you ever read Here there be dragons by James A. Owen? though the plot is very different it reminds me a lot of your comics. I personally love classic children's literature and folklore and I think your comic is beautiful keep up the good work.

reignonyourparade

Post by reignonyourparade »

The John Carter/Barsoom books, for the most part, involve traveling between worlds (and the first few are public domain HINT HINT) as do a couple forms of some of them Ivan Tsarevich fairy tales, which leads me to ask if a namesake name can be tied to more than one story, and if so would they be the same person or would, there be multiple namesakes with the same name for different tales?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

A Very Happy B-Day, Meg. :D :ymparty: