Go Get a Roomie! Wikipedia Page

Discuss GGAR here!

Moderators: Antares, Chloé C.

enchantedsleeper

Go Get a Roomie! Wikipedia Page

Post by enchantedsleeper »

I started a Talk page on Wiki to discuss the article, but then I thought that it would make more sense to have a forum thread here. The Go Get a Roomie! Wikipedia page can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_get_a_roomie. It was started by JJTopper and I've since done a few edits - no major changes, just adding a few cast members and the one reference. I haven't added every single character, so anyone who wants to finish off the list would be most welcome to.

The more external references we can add to the article, the better, so if anyone knows of any articles about GGaR or mentions on other sites - or wants to write one! - then add them in.

I'm a little unsure about the 'See Also' section. It seems like a fairly subjective list of webcomics that whoever wrote it (presumably JJTopper) thought were similar to Go Get a Roomie; but one of them is about a Japanese high school student in an arranged marriage and another doesn't actually have a Wikipedia page. Questionable Content is arguably similar in that it's a comedy/romance slice-of-life webcomic focused on relationships between the characters; Girls With Slingshots is another one I might add as it's similar in genre and layout and the characters often frequent a bar as well. But it's hard to judge. Any thoughts?

The improper capitalisation in the page name is also bothering me a bit. Does anyone know how to change the name of a Wiki page after it's been created?

enchantedsleeper

Re: Go Get a Roomie! Wikipedia Page

Wellp, no-one seems to need this thread after all, but I gotta say the Wiki looks great :D

Chloé C.

Post by Chloé C. »

Thanks again for helping out with the Wikipedia page! I'm reading it right now and it's pretty great :)

Just a thing in the "See also": since Girls with Slingshots and Menage a 3 were my main inspirations when I started the comic, I think it would be nice to add them. I'm unsure about Misfile in the list, though I really am not familiar with much of the comic, so I may not be the best person to tell.

Thanks again!

enchantedsleeper

Chloé C. wrote:Just a thing in the "See also": since Girls with Slingshots and Menage a 3 were my main inspirations when I started the comic, I think it would be nice to add them. I'm unsure about Misfile in the list, though I really am not familiar with much of the comic, so I may not be the best person to tell.
I actually tried to add Girls With Slingshots a few days ago before discovering that it didn't have a Wikipedia page. I could add it as an external link instead, though. Menage a 3 doesn't have one either although it is mentioned on the "disambiguation" page for the phrase 'Ménage à trois": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A9nag ... biguation)

If you're unfamiliar with "Misfile", maybe we should just take it out...? :-?
Chloé C. wrote:Thanks again for helping out with the Wikipedia page! I'm reading it right now and it's pretty great :)
No problem - I really haven't done much in the grand scheme of things xD All the recent changes have been made by people who are clearly much better at Wikipedia articles than I am! But I'm glad to have helped a little bit!

Is there anything else that you want added or changed while we're at it? There's no greater authority on your webcomic than you, after all... I know that creating/editing your own Wiki page is kind of "not done", but you can still make sure everything is as accurate as can be :)