8/30/12 - Alternative-Lifestyles

Discuss GGAR here!

Moderators: Antares, Chloé C.

Blissfull Wulf

8/30/12 - Alternative-Lifestyles

Post by Blissfull Wulf »

New strip. I love the third/fourth panel symmetry in this one.

PLEASE NOTE: Thor can't read this.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Re: 8/30/12 - Alternative-Lifestyles

Post by Ravenhull »

The poor woman is doomed... :ymdevil:
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

You know something...my mind isn't blown and I'm not...

Then again, you all know what I consider an "alternate lifestyle"....

usually what ever the Religious Right thinks of as normal
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Sorry LT, no sleep for you. You fed the mogwai after midnight. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Skull025

Post by Skull025 »

Poor Lazy Tyke. All she wants is her sleep and not listen to the sexual preferences of those around her.

Arkadi

Post by Arkadi »

Artemisia wrote:You know something...my mind isn't blown and I'm not...
You mean you saw it coming? :-? I don't think Chloe's ever dropped any hints that Ramona and Rich could be related. If she did, I sure missed them.
Artemisia wrote:Then again, you all know what I consider an "alternate lifestyle"....

usually what ever the Religious Right thinks of as normal
Dunno. That's actually mainstream in many places... too many places, IMO. I'm glad I wasn't born in the infamous American Bible Belt, for example. I've read stories from atheists over there that read totally like gay coming out stories: folks being disowned by their families and alienated by all their "friends" because the had the courage to say that they didn't believe in any gods. Downright frightening.
Don't worry. It'll be good for her.

ed_montague
Location: Where Alph, the sacred river ran/Through caverns measureless to man

Post by ed_montague »

Ramona and Richard are twins? That's...that's incredible.

Shame on their parents. Although I must applaud Chloe for taking such a subject and actually making it funny at the end by dropping in a reluctant Lillian trying to get some sleep.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Arkadi,

I didn't really see it coming, but I'm just not upset.

I was also kind of making fun of myself there. Then again, I grew up in a kind of weird situation personally.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Blissfull Wulf

Post by Blissfull Wulf »

I think with all the manga, webcomics, and fanfiction I've read it would take something extremely massive to faze me. Maybe I'm spending too much time on the Internet...

PLEASE NOTE: Thor can't read this.

Arkadi

Post by Arkadi »

Artemisia wrote:Arkadi,

I was also kind of making fun of myself there. Then again, I grew up in a kind of weird situation personally.
I see ^^ I'm afraid I didn't get the joke. Sorry.

Changing the subject: why are so many people assuming that Ramona and Rich must have an incestuous thing going on? I don't think that has been hinted at. Or am I missing something again? :-?

ed_montague
Location: Where Alph, the sacred river ran/Through caverns measureless to man

Post by ed_montague »

Arkadi wrote:

Changing the subject: why are so many people assuming that Ramona and Rich must have an incestuous thing going on? I don't think that has been hinted at. Or am I missing something again? :-?
That's just the natural fandom shipping instinct kicking in. Perfectly normal, no need to worry. :ymsmug:

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Arkadi wrote:

I grew up in an odd situation where I actually don't understand/get heterosexuality. I accept that it's alright to be straight, but I kind of find it baffling/icky. So, the whole thing about 'alternate lifestyles'...well, I just thought I'd make fun of myself a little there.

Arkadi

Post by Arkadi »

ed_montague wrote:That's just the natural fandom shipping instinct kicking in. Perfectly normal, no need to worry. :ymsmug:
Of course ^^ I should have guessed. Silly me.
Artemisia wrote:I grew up in an odd situation where I actually don't understand/get heterosexuality. I accept that it's alright to be straight, but I kind of find it baffling/icky. So, the whole thing about 'alternate lifestyles'...well, I just thought I'd make fun of myself a little there.
OK, now I get it. Man, that sounds like a pretty interesting childhood. Must be quite a story!

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

It was kind of a fluke. I've met one other person who grew up in a similar situation as me.

Officially, I'm transsexual and intersexual. While I was assigned to be a boy at birth, my parents raised me gender neutral. Since I exhibited tendencies towards being female at a young age including playing with dolls and such, I grew up not being forced into a male pattern of gender, but instead, grew up thinking of myself as female. I grew up with just about everyone around me reacting to my innate femininity, so I grew up very depressed and confused and kind of isolated into my head. Because I am strongly attracted to women, it wasn't until I was 24 that I understood that I could be trans.

It's kind of a unique situation. Because I saw myself a female growing up, I kind of grew up thinking that women were treated equal to men because I was treated equal to men. I didn't understand until I was much older that this wasn't true. I also grew up being pushed towards women, and since I was very much lesbian, I grew up thinking that being gay was normal. There's a lot of things that I'm having trouble accepting aren't normal for everyone, though, because of my weird life which I think is perfectly normal.

Take care.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Arkadi wrote:

Well, there certainly seems to be a bit of B & D going on there, but no, I don't get the idea they're boinking here.

also: 100th sub-forum post. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.