Ask Chloé stuff

Discuss GGAR here!

Moderators: Antares, Chloé C.

Leo9

Re: Ask Chloé stuff

Post by Leo9 »

I'm new to this forum so this may have been answered already, but what is Lillian's problem? I ask, because at the start it looked a lot like ME, which I am deeply familiar with since my partner had it bad and spends more time sleeping than Lillian. But you can't cure someone of ME by calling them lazy and hustling them out of bed; my partner could push herself to do that sort of redecorate, but then she'd crash for a month.

I'm worrying about it because a lot of people do believe that ME sufferers just need to be encouraged to get active and then they'll be fine, which is about as good advice as telling somoene with nut allergy to eat more nuts so they'll get used to it. Please tell me that's not what this story is about.

Leo9

Chloé C.

Post by Chloé C. »

It's not what this story is about :)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Chloe...I wish I could have pledged one of the big amounts, but I'll have to settle for a lower level. I'm so glad that it's been funded so heavily :)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

A Very Happy B-Day, Chloé. :D :ymparty:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

sylvertech

Post by sylvertech »

I just started reading your comics a couple of days ago, and am currently spending my day going through the archive (I intend to catch up).

I just wanted to ask you what you prefer to read (fiction).
Fantasy? Sci-fi? Both? Horror? Neither?
Any special things you like included? Favorite lesbian books?

Thanks for the comics. I can count on my fingers the number of comics that have inspired me as much as yours.
Loves & Hugs.

Chloé C.

Post by Chloé C. »

Fantasy! And as for lesbian novels: http://gogetaroomie.com/lesbiansbooksmovies.php :>

GypsyLyric

Post by GypsyLyric »

I had almost forgotten that you'd once lived in the US, what part? I've lived in many parts of the States, but the only place I was able to find salamanders in my back yard was when I lived in Northern California...? /:)
Rawr means I love you in Zombie.

Chloé C.

Post by Chloé C. »

I lived in South Carolina for two years and Kentucky for three years. Came back to France when I was 14 years old and now I'm wondering if I'll ever see my american friends again. Nostalgia comes back when I know I'm going back to the USA this year for conventions.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Chloé C. wrote:Fantasy! And as for lesbian novels: http://gogetaroomie.com/lesbiansbooksmovies.php :>
Chloe,

Are you still updating that list because I can recommend a few more books...and I'd love it if you'd put it on, like, the front page of GGAR :)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

taxidriver

Post by taxidriver »

Dude! You lived in SC? That's awesome, I'm in/am from upstate SC.
Here's my question, why did you choose to write GGAR in English? 'Cause I'm pretty happy you did heh

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

So... Belgium now, eh? What part? Wallonia or Flanders? If Flanders: Brussels, Antwerp, Gent or Genk? :p

I'm actually from The Netherlands, and it's good to finally see one of my favorite webcomic's artist living close by.

No... I won't stalk you... but at least if you'll attend conventions here in Belgium/Netherlands, I'll finally be able to attend.
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

GypsyLyric

Post by GypsyLyric »

Chloé C. wrote:I lived in South Carolina for two years and Kentucky for three years. Came back to France when I was 14 years old and now I'm wondering if I'll ever see my american friends again. Nostalgia comes back when I know I'm going back to the USA this year for conventions.

I'm sure you'll see your friends again. Trust me, six states and twelve schools, I don't even think I have any childhood friends. If I do, then they're just as good at dropping off the face of the planet as I've been. You'll see them again someday. :]
Rawr means I love you in Zombie.

Chloé C.

Post by Chloé C. »

Are you still updating that list because I can recommend a few more books...and I'd love it if you'd put it on, like, the front page of GGAR
I'll try and update the list soon, though I didn't discover much books since then. For recommendations, you can add books in the comment section!
Here's my question, why did you choose to write GGAR in English? 'Cause I'm pretty happy you did heh
That's the thing, english is *the* language most people know. Writing it in French would a.) be a pain in the ass because french grammar ugh 2.) bring wayyyyy less readers on the website.
So... Belgium now, eh? What part? Wallonia or Flanders? If Flanders: Brussels, Antwerp, Gent or Genk?
I'm at Brussels :)

DragonPowered

Post by DragonPowered »

Aww, seems forums are going by the wayside. Oh well.
Chloe, I adore your strip, your style is wonderful and the story is awesome. I just wanted to let you know the Disqus comments aren't working for me. They were, but just this week they stopped. Maybe it's me, not sure. :-??

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

Chloé C. wrote:That's the thing, english is *the* language most people know. Writing it in French would a.) be a pain in the ass because french grammar ugh 2.) bring wayyyyy less readers on the website.
True, I for one wouldn't have last until the strip got to me, simply because I couldn't understand a word they were saying.
Dutch would be cool though: not many webcomics are in Dutch... alas also for the very same reason number 2.
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.