Fragile: Chapter 03

Discuss Fragile/Spingiette here!

Moderator: Shouri

Shouri

Re: Fragile: Chapter 03

Post by Shouri »

But it's great that they're caught early on.... before let's say a printed version or something :YMDAYDREAM:

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

New Page (3-7)

Makes me wonder if she's got a history of doing that. ;)
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

SMILE WHEN YOU ORDER THAT STRAWBERRY FRAPPÉ! :-w

:P

Also, yay for the return of Mamó!!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

imalbert

Post by imalbert »

I think this order will be on the house. Of course, Mamó just might have a couple of words with Emily about her little tantrum the other night.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

New Fragile!

Man, Mamö don't take no shit from Emibody, huh?? ;))

So, is Em just a germaphobe, or is she on immunosupressants?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

mittfh

Post by mittfh »

That would be an interesting twist I hadn't considered before - the possibility that Emily's a hypochondriac / germophobe.

However, it doesn't explain her exemption from PE, so it's likely she does have a medical condition, which may indeed be serious, but maybe it isn't as life-threatening as she believes it is. After all, she had a collection of friends at her old home she still chats with over the 'net, and particularly at the beginning she was showing antagonism with having to move.

Meanwhile: if you're going to feign an injury lasting longer than it did, it helps to remember exactly where it was! :)

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

I think she may just be trying to be a snot there, but time will tell.

Mamö verbal aikido smakdown. :))
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

I think because of her illness, she is just not use to touching people she just met.
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Chantelune

Post by Chantelune »

Mmmh, Emily sure love to play victim. Hope she will grow out of it. Nice to see Mamo put her in her place. :D

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

First of all, do we know what her illness is?

Secondly- I hate touching people period even if I've met them. I will put change on the shelf near the register before I risk touching the cashier.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

mittfh

Post by mittfh »

Good save by Mamó...

...but isn't Emily devious?!

The relationship between Marian and Emily is certainly interesting - Marian's trying (too hard) to be friendly with Emily and bring her into her group of friends, while Emily's intent on doing the opposite. Both are largely failing in their respective missions...

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

New Fragile!

Emily is starting to piss me off... X(

And, wow, Julian sure has the look for Marian......'s sister.

I think she needs to reconsider the boy from school, unless she wants an ugly sibling fight. :P
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

And Steph seems oblivious of course. :))
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

SigunardEclipse

Post by SigunardEclipse »

I'm getting some highly conflicting opinions from the writing.

Last Chapter set Emily up to be a slightly jaded beyond her age but still somewhat likeable girl once you got past all the issues and complexes that create a mildly dis-likeable surface personality.

This Chapter's pretty much tossing all that in the bin and making her into a petty sociopath.

So...are we supposed to be sympathizing with her or not?

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

:)) I know I am in the minority but that was funny. :))
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.