BUG REPORT

The Dracula mythos reborn! When Nicholas Harker learns he is the sole heir to a vast estate from a mysterious ancestor he never knew he had, his life will never be average again. (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

repetto

BUG REPORT

Post by repetto »

If you go to Dracula Everlasting, page "268 - Breaking and entering 4" and hit next, you get redirected to "387 - News report 1" instead of "269 - News report 1". This quirk got me really disoriented for a minute, I got all like "Who's this black dude?".

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: BUG REPORT

Post by Adam_Arnold »

It's fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out.

repetto

Post by repetto »

I can see. Went to check and everything works just fine on my end too. :-bd
You renamed the colliding pages, right?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

repetto wrote:You renamed the colliding pages, right?
Yep.

repetto

Post by repetto »

At the risk of getting all code nazi on you here, that doesn't take care of the buggy system. DE will go on for a while, and name clashes are gonna get more annoying to avoid the more pages you've got.

As a possibility that doesn't involve messing with the code, you could rename the pages to their correspondig number. That would kill clashes altogether.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re:

Post by Adam_Arnold »

repetto wrote:At the risk of getting all code nazi on you here, that doesn't take care of the buggy system. DE will go on for a while, and name clashes are gonna get more annoying to avoid the more pages you've got.

As a possibility that doesn't involve messing with the code, you could rename the pages to their corresponding number. That would kill clashes altogether.
Dracula Everlasting had its remaining webcomic pages pre-entered into the database so that they would post on a set schedule. The clash is there because a handful of pages reused a title (with numbers and everything, go figure). It's just easier to fix the titles so they don't clash at this point since there's only about 50 pages left.

repetto

SAY *WHAT* AGAIN!?

Post by repetto »

WHAT DO YOU MEAN FIFTY PAGES LEFT!? IT'S ALREADY ENDING!? :((

Damn. I read the first 300 pages on a single sitting. I guess I'm gonna have to learn to read slowly someday. =((

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: SAY *WHAT* AGAIN!?

Post by Adam_Arnold »

repetto wrote:WHAT DO YOU MEAN FIFTY PAGES LEFT!? IT'S ALREADY ENDING!? :((

Damn. I read the first 300 pages on a single sitting. I guess I'm gonna have to learn to read slowly someday. =((
Yep, it's a 3 volume series.